Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Did anyone else ever get threw? If so what did they say?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I think they don't want us on ICS yet...

Lol this has got me thinking if something in the merc malfunctions this phone odds is gonna blow up... Smh, I mean too replace the entire phone? It's gotta be very serious..

Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

The only people that are getting that text message are customers that are believed to have a defective mercury. If you do not receive the text, it means you do not have a defective mercury.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

OH, and youre not getting this text because you installed ICS on your mercury.

I wonder how long it's gonna take them to send out all the messages

cricket wireless is sendint that message out to alot of merc users, the software updates that huawei put out idnt crrect alot of software issues. they have one that they will replace them with as long as they are in warrentable conditions. atleast this is what the email i recieved at work said. as i work for a cricket preimier with service store in omaha nebraska.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by jesse59672 View Post
    I feel like this is some kind of scam. After holding all of that time, a woman asks me my phone number and how to spell my first and last name. Doesn't sound official whatsoever. Tells me to hold. She comes back less than a minute later and says "there is an error with my system, I will try and give you a call back." I tell her okay, and then she says thanks for using cricket and hangs up
    I got the same answer when I called and got thru. BS!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

i havent received that text.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

"Huawei has identified a potential software issue that may cause some Huawei Mercury (M886) devices to malfunction. As part of Cricket’s commitment to provide the bestCustomer Experience and guard against any service interruptions, select Mercury customers will be notified by SMS and Customer Care that Cricket wants to exchange out customers’ devices for a new Mercury at no cost to the customer and ensure they have a fully functional and working handset.

Beginning onMonday, August 27th, 2012 the Mercury customers that are impacted by the issue (10K customers) will be notified by SMS and receive a call from Cricket Customer Care to perform a device exchange through a local Cricket Corporate Owned Store (COS) or Premier with Service (PwS) dealer location. Customer Care will direct customers to a location of their choice to perform the exchange.

This is a great opportunity for Cricket to provide a greatCustomer Experience by proactively reaching out to customers that may be potentially impacted by this issue and exchanging the customer’s device before they encounter any problems."

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Goodwin View Post
    cricket wireless is sendint that message out to alot of merc users, the software updates that huawei put out idnt crrect alot of software issues. they have one that they will replace them with as long as they are in warrentable conditions. atleast this is what the email i recieved at work said. as i work for a cricket preimier with service store in omaha nebraska.
    This is the catch..... As I was told too, that the phone MUST BE IN WARRANTABLE condition. That means, must be stock ROM and no major dents, dings, chips, and so forth. In other words, if the phone is broken in any way, including software, it will not be replaced under this program. Why you ask: Because Huawei can't tell if you broke the doing some unauthorized modification or from dropping it too much.

Huawei has provided Cricket 20K FRU phones to be used. A FRU phone is typically a brand new device provided by the manufacturer to be used when replacing devices in the field. Cricket is using most of their remaining inventory of Mercurys to replace these bad handsets. Corporate and dealer locations no longer have access to these devices to sell in their locations. What we have to sell, is all we get.

This is not a BS offer, it is a legit issue Huawei and Cricket are attempting to remedy.

And yes, Cricket's system is being overwhelmed currently with this inquiries as they all went out Monday and Tuesday.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I do not think my phone has this ISSUE i never loose wifi or dropped 3g service.. My phone was replaced several months back because of just dying im guessing i have a newer model...

No text message but i am Running the update to demo ics ...And its running Quite well.no call drops no 3g issues no wifi issues.. I do get some slight lag when it goes from sleep state to wake up.. Guessing the low cpu governor is set too low...

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    I do not think my phone has this ISSUE i never loose wifi or dropped 3g service.. My phone was replaced several months back because of just dying im guessing i have a newer model...

No text message but i am Running the update to demo ics ...And its running Quite well.no call drops no 3g issues no wifi issues.. I do get some slight lag when it goes from sleep state to wake up.. Guessing the low cpu governor is set too low...
    From what I was told, all recalled Mercurys are from BEFORE Cricket released the Muve upgrade to the phone. If you received a phone with MUVE already installed, then you won't get the text. So if you got at around April, then you will be fine....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

I needed a new merc.

My current phones speaker is messed up do to the kind of work I do (welding, cutting, grinding, ect.) I don't know how I can keep the metal shavings out my phones speaker so a new merc is just what I need.thanx cricket

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

just called , any dealer out there that can confirm ics on my merc WILL cause a issue for returning it ? should i go through the hassle of putting stock back on ?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Here is the original stock 2.3.6 nandroid backup off of the mercury i got when i first made the roms. With this it should go back to the original state of when you bought it and just replace the recovery after installing and booting up.

Heres the link:
    4shared, Online file sharing and storage

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information