Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 12.0%

I've never notices it, but I don't think its a big deal..unless its happening on the home screen lol

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

2 things I'm not liking:

1. I'm getting the gray bars that tell me I've lost connection to Google a LOT. It's like 50/50 in areas I know I have good signal.

2. Connecting to Wi-Fi. My router is sitting right here next to me like 6-feet away and it's telling me that it's "not in range"?? Toggling Wi-Fi on and off doesnt work, same for toggling Airplane Mode. It worked fine a couple of days ago.

Overall activity: 12.0%

I'm losing 3g ALOT also..its bad.

A phone restart fixed the wi-fi issue...however the lost 3g connection thing still persists. That really bothers me. The whole reason I replaced my Blackberry with this phone is because it would always lose connection to the Blackberry Internet Service. I have to think this is a Cricket issue...

Edit...on top of it dropping the 3G...it's also dropping the Wi-Fi? I've been playing Madden online for hours and haven't lost connection once. Sad to say, but this phone might be getting sold pretty soon if I don't find out what's going on.
    Last edited by Troof; 12-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Ok...apparently, 3g being disabled when Wi-Fi is running is normal operation of Android Network Manager...

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Troof View Post
    Ok...apparently, 3g being disabled when Wi-Fi is running is normal operation of Android Network Manager...
    Yep, that is correct.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

But what about the phone not having that good of a Wi-Fi antenna cuz I know my other phone could have better signal and have a faster connection from further away from the routers. Of course 3G turns off when Wi-Fi turns on and is connected. What about the 3G or Wi-Fi going white then going back into green. There is nowhere in the manual or Huawei website talking about this. What and why does this phone do this? No other phone that I have ever had done this. Maybe the Motorola Slivr when it was in a shady place of data connection but this phone does it all the time even with actual antenna icon as well (you know, the one that is supposed to show your signal strength).

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by jelous87 View Post
    But what about the phone not having that good of a Wi-Fi antenna cuz I know my other phone could have better signal and have a faster connection from further away from the routers. Of course 3G turns off when Wi-Fi turns on and is connected. What about the 3G or Wi-Fi going white then going back into green. There is nowhere in the manual or Huawei website talking about this. What and why does this phone do this? No other phone that I have ever had done this. Maybe the Motorola Slivr when it was in a shady place of data connection but this phone does it all the time even with actual antenna icon as well (you know, the one that is supposed to show your signal strength).
    This means there's a working connection usually. Same things happens with Moto phones. They turn from white to blue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Troof View Post
    If it didn't disable it, it could cause connection errors. This is also similar for computers when two Internet connections are provided.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

When I download something from a text message, an attachment, or photo, where does it end up? I have clicked the download box and it looks like it downloads but I have no idea where to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgwinett View Post
    When I download something from a text message, an attachment, or photo, where does it end up? I have clicked the download box and it looks like it downloads but I have no idea where to view it.
    Mines goes to my gallery.

Must not be downloading at all then. i have looked there every time, all folders. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgwinett View Post
    Must not be downloading at all then. i have looked there every time, all folders. thanks
    I noticed when I first got a pic message it asked me where to save it. I think maybe clearing data or defaults on text messaging app and try do save a pic. (Clearing data will not delete messages, I tried it)

I had this issue too. Was downloading MMS fine (had it set to auto retrieve) and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Changed it to manual, rebooted the phone, even tried Handcent vs. the standard messaging app, called *228 to reset the connections and rebooted, then called Cricket who basically did the same thing the *228 did and rebooted, all of that didn't work. I tried to send MMS as well, and they were not working either. Finally I just a factory reset on the phone and that fixed it. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So far LOVIN this phone, it's my first android............except that I too am having data connection problems. Already did a battery pull and dialed *228 and still having the same problem. I go to check my email or whatever on my phone and data takes about 30 seconds to connect to data whether it be Wi-Fi or 3g, is this normal? Or should I take it to the store? New to this forum and and input will be greatly appreciated.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by melle5 View Post
    So far LOVIN this phone, it's my first android............except that I too am having data connection problems. Already did a battery pull and dialed *228 and still having the same problem. I go to check my email or whatever on my phone and data takes about 30 seconds to connect to data whether it be Wi-Fi or 3g, is this normal? Or should I take it to the store? New to this forum and and input will be greatly appreciated.
    I dont think thats normal but i will agree the phone is a beast. Ive seen the evo 4g and the evo 3d and tbh this phone is better imo even tho it doesnt have any roms for it yet just stock its killer. For a phone to be 249$ you cant go wrong As for what i dont like about the phone i really dont have any cons even tho the phone has a few quirks but overall its the best phone ive owned up to date...Btw just added go launcher n go sms on to it...Pretty slick
    Last edited by DETERMINOLOGY; 01-04-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information