Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Mine saves to
    Sd automatically...
    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by jayriesaurus View Post
    Ah. I love it, it's a BIG upgrade from the Ascend I. But it really irritates me that the pictures and videos don't save to SD. I know someone probably mentioned it already, but is there a way to make it save to SD?
    Saves to sd for me. Not the "internal" sd but the "external " or the one that the eu can actually replace.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2010
    Phone
    HTC One V

Quote Originally Posted by s23bog View Post
    Saves to sd for me. Not the "internal" sd but the "external " or the one that the eu can actually replace.
    Mine save to the internal storage :/

CLEAR DATA IN APPLICATIONS>MESSAGING. IVE SAID THIS BEFORE! AFTER RHIS SAVE A PICTURE AND IT WILL ASK WHERE TO. PICK ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Although I followed this website pretty excessively while waiting for the Mercury to come out. I wasn't going to go with Huawei again (I had the first Ascend) as I was a little ticked that they didn't support the consumers by updating the Ascend to at least 2.2, so I could move apps to the memory card. I LOVE the Mercury, it is SO much better then the Ascend. There have been a few things that I haven't been able to figure out though. I apologize if someone already discussed them but I didn't see anything when I searched around.
    1. I have now downloaded over 160 apps, which appears to be the limit when viewing them in the app drawer. I know they are there as I can put them in a folder with Folder Organizer, but is there a way to view them? It just has a red circle with "13" in it, indicating I have 13 more. I know that's a lot of apps but I was excited to be able to have so many now, thanks to moving them to an external memory card.
    2. Is there a way to move apps from my Huawei Ascend (Android 2.1) to my Mercury? Maybe over the computer somehow? There are some apps on it (that I can still use) that aren't available on the market anymore that I want on my Mercury. Especially the gaming ones where I can now use multi-touch.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Supergamer727 View Post
    Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Although I followed this website pretty excessively while waiting for the Mercury to come out. I wasn't going to go with Huawei again (I had the first Ascend) as I was a little ticked that they didn't support the consumers by updating the Ascend to at least 2.2, so I could move apps to the memory card. I LOVE the Mercury, it is SO much better then the Ascend. There have been a few things that I haven't been able to figure out though. I apologize if someone already discussed them but I didn't see anything when I searched around.
    1. I have now downloaded over 160 apps, which appears to be the limit when viewing them in the app drawer. I know they are there as I can put them in a folder with Folder Organizer, but is there a way to view them? It just has a red circle with "13" in it, indicating I have 13 more. I know that's a lot of apps but I was excited to be able to have so many now, thanks to moving them to an external memory card.
    2. Is there a way to move apps from my Huawei Ascend (Android 2.1) to my Mercury? Maybe over the computer somehow? There are some apps on it (that I can still use) that aren't available on the market anymore that I want on my Mercury. Especially the gaming ones where I can now use multi-touch.
    1. TRy a different launcher, like Go Launcher, Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. They may not have the 160 limit.
    2. Get an app called MyAppSharer. You can send apps (apk files) to your phone that way via bluetooth. Works great.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yeah I need to do a video about other launchers. 160 holy sheezus
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Yeah I need to do a video about other launchers. 160 holy sheezus
    Well get off your arse an do it then.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Supergamer727 View Post
    There are some apps on it (that I can still use) that aren't available on the market anymore that I want on my Mercury. Especially the gaming ones where I can now use multi-touch.
    Mercury isn't multi touch either unfortunately..

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Chrisngrod: That would be nice

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    1. TRy a different launcher, like Go Launcher, Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. They may not have the 160 limit.
    2. Get an app called MyAppSharer. You can send apps (apk files) to your phone that way via bluetooth. Works great.
    Thanks Woof! I'll definitely check those out. Also thanks for the videos you posted before the Mercury came out.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    Mathesar: From what I have seen Mercury is multi touch. At least with two points of contact...
    P.S. I'm a big Kristen Kruek fan myself

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Yes it is. If you can pinch to zoom its multitouch.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Yes it is. If you can pinch to zoom its multitouch.
    Oh I meant it doesnt acknowledge any more than 2 presses at a time, some devices will allow a lot more as seen here
    CricketUsers.com - Cricket Huawei Mercury M886 - Multitouch Test - YouTube

Certain games aren't available in the android market because of it such as Cross Fingers which is one of my favorites on Ipod Touch.

Although from what I've read the Ascend 2 had multi touch support added with a custom rom after being rooted, perhaps the same can happen with the Mercury.

Last edited by Mathesar; 01-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Customer Since
    July 2008
    Phone
    cricket mercury

I have noticed the same issue and I just thought that I was having memory lapses.

Oh I meant it doesnt acknowledge any more than 2 presses at a time, some devices will allow a lot more as seen here
    CricketUsers.com - Cricket Huawei Mercury M886 - Multitouch Test - YouTube

Certain games aren't available in the android market because of it such as Cross Fingers which is one of my favorites on Ipod Touch.

Although from what I've read the Ascend 2 had multi touch support added with a custom rom after being rooted, perhaps the same can happen with the Mercury.
    It had it because the kernal specifically said no multitouch but the phone was able to do it. Ours already has it enabled...

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    It had it because the kernal specifically said no multitouch but the phone was able to do it. Ours already has it enabled...

My bad, I didn't realize there were android devices that only handle 1 press at a time so I was under the assumption 2 was the minimum and anything higher was multitouch. There are android models that recognize a lot more than 2 points of contact at a time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information