Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yeah I tried version 0.99 with the latest su binary and it seems pretty stable on both my merc and nexus 7. My wifes vitality went completely ape shit though. So I'm not sure what's up with it really. Now I gotta fix her phone again. God I am starting to hate Samsung devices...

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Ok, i have tested three games that are not listed in Google Play for our devices that work so far to a certain extent. Wildblood is one of them. It runs the same as it does on any other high end device due to the graphics engine having bugs in it. After all it is based on the unreal engine and ported to the phone to begin with. The second is Eternal Legacy. To get this game to run you have to use the version 1.00 of the game. The downside is that your characters are all invisible. I would suggest playing this game on a different device if at all possible. Mass Effect infiltrator is the third in my list. It runs fairly decent. There are a couple of spots in game that seem to run a little but choppy but not so bad as to say you have an intel video card in your laptop and your trying to run crysis 3. I've tried... It fails. D=
    Last edited by biledigger; 03-07-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Typos typos typos

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Hey guys, while you got this thread here...I'm wondering if maybe y'all could suggest what are good apps to push to system apps? Much appreciated if you can help.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike81 View Post
    Hey guys, while you got this thread here...I'm wondering if maybe y'all could suggest what are good apps to push to system apps? Much appreciated if you can help.
    I usually pass Launcher Pro( it uses very little Ram) and Bluetooth File Transfer (it is a file manager which you can also use to send files through bluetooth). I recommend those 2 apps

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Awesome, also I'm using shell 3d launcher which uses alot of memory, I have room for it in system but is it a bad idea...and why?

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike81 View Post
    Awesome, also I'm using shell 3d launcher which uses alot of memory, I have room for it in system but is it a bad idea...and why?
    I had Shell 3D launcher as well, but it uses up alot of memory. Launcher pro only uses about 15MB of memory at the most, which is pretty good since most launchers use about 30MB. I greatly recommend Launcher Pro since you can use the memory presets that it comes loaded with in case you get memory problems.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Very helpful info ford droid users but move what youcan to SD card n by the way I've been looking 4 Super Mario. All in nut shell I get all My apps and tips from" addictive tipps.com and for those having problems with s.u. browse the site, XDA Developers has a zip and apk that will solve Your issues... Im loving it. It'll take You a Day 2 browse the droid section alone so happy hunting.....

Overall activity: 23.0%

Customer Since
    July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorkz View Post
    I had Shell 3D launcher as well, but it uses up alot of memory. Launcher pro only uses about 15MB of memory at the most, which is pretty good since most launchers use about 30MB. I greatly recommend Launcher Pro since you can use the memory presets that it comes loaded with in case you get memory problems.

If the performance of your phone is good enough while using it then go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GeneticWeapon; 03-16-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

I'm very new to using my Merc on GB, what is good for background app killing? I tried using rom toolbox for it, but it didn't work too well. I'm not having memory problems, but I miss ICS app killing.

Customer Since
    3/2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I use Advanced task manager pro. I find it to be very efficient and it has an auto kill which I find to be very helpful. You are given the choice of what apps you want to be auto killed too. I like it very much. I use app cache cleaner pro as well. These 2 in combination work very good for me.

Overall activity: 7.0%

I'm looking for a new RSS reader and also for a podcast mgr. Right now I'm trying "beyond pod" because it does both but I don't really like it. Anyone have any suggestions that will work on gb? Doesn't have to be one app for both like beyond pod but I do like that info (subscriptions and such) are stored on my phone instead of just on a server like feedly.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Whew, took me a bit to get back. Hello again guys, time to toss out a couple more apps in mind. =).

Number 1 on my list is Chelpus's modded Google Play Store. This play store allows for great standardized usage especially when not connected to the net, it has it's own built in activator and LvL patch for offline mode which allows your games to run that usually require an internet connection to verify that you bought them. Really comes in handy.

Next is Mi File Explorer... Free download and it really comes in handy. Browses your root sector with ease. IT also can be themed in different colors which is also pretty neat.

Now my favorite recent usage. Hacker's Keyboard. Oh i love this keyboard. IT is fast, smooth and solid. It has the unique feel of using a real desktop keyboard. AND!!! It can also be moved into your ROM sector to integrate it with your system.

Gallery ICS - This gallery app really helps make up for the loss of our factory gallery app which originally raised the hair on the back of my neck. This smooth sleek app can be moved into your ROM sector to help keep your system running smooth and strong.

Android Music Player from JRT Studios - Available on Google Play, this music player is what we all originally used in Android to begin with that was quite easy to get used to and enjoy. This can also be moved into your ROM sector for system integration.

Audio Fx Widget - We all love to use audio output on our phones. But how can we adjust it normally since we have no open sourced software for EX adjustments and such that actually get along with our 2.3 systems? This Fx EQ actually lets your change the EQ setting of your phone. Not just music... but EVERYTHING. This little app lets me adjust the EQ setting for my games, in-call audio everything, i thought this was a handy little app to have around. This can also be moved into your ROM sector.

Dolphin Browser Mini - I just slapped this browser into my ROM section for system integration, works fairly well compared to our stock browser.

Nemus Camera - If you want a camera with different option and the primary capability of it is fast picture take, then this is a good solution, it takes your pictures pretty quickly without focusin, it still has a high quality image output for what it is worth, free.... Give it a try and see if you like it or not. Just DO NOT try to put it into your rom section, it will cause issue with your rom trying to take pictures on it own in the background, some extremely weird bug i have never experienced before, was funny though, i had about 20 pictures of the inside of my pocket before i noticed it was bugging out. The picture take on it though is definitely worth having.

Well, that is just about all i have for now guys. Take care and have fun. =)
    Last edited by biledigger; 12-27-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information