Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Battery died phone is a brick.

Okay so my battery died and now my phone won't turn on. This happened once before and I switched batteries with my girlfriend and it fixed it. This time, no dice. It won't boot into recovery. It won't be recognized by a computer. When I press the power button absolutely nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Or do I now own a $250 paper weight? It should still be under factory warranty right? I would rather find a fix than dealing with the run around from cricket. Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Wow, another bricked mercury? Huawei could rebuild the Great Wall of China with all these bricks.

Take the battery out, plug it up, place battery in, let it charge for some hours

Yeah, tried that, nada. The charge indicator won't even light up. Thanks for the reply though. Looks like I'm going to have to drive fifteen miles to a full service store and pay them $20 unless someone can come up with something.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

battery is not covered under warranty. . but hopefully your local store will be able to help we stock batteries $30-40

also most phones will turn on when plugged in without the battery. that's how i test if i don't have spare working battery to put in.
    Last edited by indica; 07-21-2012 at 08:39 PM.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Yeah it's not the battery, it's the phone. I tried my girlfriends battery, which was fully charged, and it still wouldn't work. It works in her phone fine. The last time this happened, switching batteries was the only thing that worked. This time it didn't.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Same thing happened with my phone. While it was working, has the battery percentage ever strangely dropped, then rose back up?

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury

Batteries on eBay really cheap, and I would say get it under manufactor warranty. Bad advice I know sorry lol

Sent From XmurdaX's Merc

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to drive fifteen miles to a full service store and pay them $20 unless someone can come up with something.
    yea sorry man, at least it sounds like it will be covered under the warranty if the other battery fails to power it on.

Well, I took the 25 minute ride to the full service store. They replaced the phone for $20. They must have had this problem before because I was not hassled at all. All in all with gas and tolls it cost me about $36 but the guy made a good point that if I had sent it to the company it could have been weeks before I got my phone replaced. I need my phone and the GPS for work so that would not have been an option. The service clerk was surprisingly easy going and helpful. So much so that I'm probably going to e-mail the company and put in a good word for him. Thanks for the responses guys. If this happens to anyone, just know it's going to cost $20 and you'll have to go to a full service store but there should be no reason your phone will not get replaced with a new one.

Good ti hear. U should email them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

great to hear! at our full service stores warranty is $40 for shipping, and restocking fee ($25+$15). i think different areas use different warranty vendors, any warranty phones we turn in must be in mint condition. looking brand new out of the box without a single dent, scratch, or scuff. Yes shipping it directly to the company would have taken forever. more cricket stores are doing warranty and insurance claims now. call and ask ahead if possible

Banned

this is a common issue . The battery over heats and causes it to damage the phone.. Never charge this phone over night . Never charge it for more then a few hours at a time.. As far as those claiming this phone is bricking and just giving out alot.. I think the numbers are very few compared to how many of the phones were sold.You must remember you will hear more about the bad things about a device online then you will good. People generally do not look for a forum about a device unless they are having issues. Those of us on this forum are a very small minority in comparison to the numbers of people with this phone..

so THERE are going to be defective phones

Thread Information