Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Question Big battery drain all of a sudden? How do you track down offending apps?

I normally get anywhere from 20 to 28 hours on my (stock) battery before needing a charge but for the last 4 days I'm only getting around 13 to 15 hours tops after a full charge and I haven't been using the phone any more than usual, When I check battery status I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. it only shows cell standby / wi-fi / phone idle and Display stats, No apps are listed.

Last night before I went to bed the battery was at 39%, I was curious to see how much it would drain overnight and sure enough 6 hours later I woke up to the sound of the phone shutting down, so in 6 hours it drained from 39% to 0% while in standby.. That cant be right?

I tried installing Watchdog and when viewing Real time CPU usage Android system is at the top and uses around 6% but theres not much CPU usage from the other items in the list.

Is there a better way to track down a possible rogue app or perhaps my battery is just going bad already? Ive had the phone since December and Ive been running Revokster ROM for the last 2 months without issue.

Any ideas appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

if you have taken the SO called required update. Then not removed Carrier IQ.. i would suggest calling Cricket and demand them to take the ILLEGAL SPYWARE VIRUS OF A APP off your phone or remove it yourself... I had the same thing for two or 3 days after i did the update. They collect data including the fallowing. web sites you visit people you call. all of your contacts. passwords saved with the STOCK OR SWYPE KEYBOARD. all mms and sms data. The other things they collect that can be useful.. is network traffic from the point of view of the phone performance of memory and apps and app data from the phone.. NOW what they are doing with all of this. That is the Question..
    Start asking your friends you connect with on places like facebook and twitter and see if they are getting ads and text messages from cricket. This is what at&t does. they collect who you talk to and spam them .
    I will in the near future leave cricket over this even thou i have removed the app from my phone. This is the same reason i left at&t . I do not have to use a pre paid company i chose too

good luck .

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

I'm still running Revokster, I haven't made any recent changes to the phone so I'm not sure what's causing the quicker than usual drain, I fully charged the phone last night and unplugged it before going to bed, 7 hours later the battery was down to 49% and the phone was in standby all night. Normally it would only lose around 15-18% charge overnight so something is up.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Well I dont know which app it was but I went through and uninstalled a bunch of games that I hadn't played in awhile and the issue seems to of went away.

I couldn't see any obvious standouts using the normal methods checking for rogue apps, But there was one game I uninstalled called Lazy Snakes that kept popping up in running programs even after closing it in task manager, It never showed up in the Battery Use page so I didnt think it was a problem (Still don't know for sure either).

Over the last 6 1/2 hours the battery has only dropped 20% from a full charge and Ive been using the phone off and on during that time so it's pretty much back to normal... at least for now.

Thread Information