Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Blue screen of death

Hi everyone reading my thread, im Jason i own Huawei Mercury phone.
    I recently rooted my phone when the youtube video came out.
    I didn't know what rooting really is untill all bad has gone bad.
    Rooting your phone gives you the ultimate power on your phone.
    When I rooted my first phone my Huawei Mercury almost 300 dollars,
    the unthinkable happened. This is how it started, i was on Market
    and i searched root. I found tons of cool stuff that can benefit your phone.
    If you still reading this thanks, messing with root apps can destroy your phone
    like mine. I simply started deleted the unwanted bloatware that the phone comes with.
    then shortly i relized i didnt back up anything like everyone stated to do.
    I also relized i might want to keep some of this but it was too late.
    I downloaded the custom recovery and that really didnt do much in my case.
    I tryed factory reset nothing was working still my apps i deleted with an app manager were still deleted.
    I knew that smells like bs, i thought that was bad i cant get my apps back when i do a factory reset.
    Let me try the clockwork mod recovery men and woman that was a mistake doing what i did.
    I got to the custom recovery pressing volume up and power on after pulling the battery out and putting back in.
    I decided to click everything and see what everything did, worst idea ever boys and girls.
    I had clicked reformat everything that could be formatted and the restarted and blue screen of death popped up and said hi!
    Moral of the story is gotta learn the hard way boys and girls dont you.
    I'm buying new phone on the 16 and not activating service i plan on putting the phone in download mode on windows 7 32 bit,
    and clicking everysingle file and saveing it to a disc or something so that this wont happen to anyone on this forum.
    if anyone can help me with this i need help simply with how do i extract the rom in via windows or via lunix.
    my aproach will be putting the phone in download mode and copy and paste the files from the brand new phone that i will by.
    if anyone has pointers please post thank you for reading and posting.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Men and Women, this is my favourite poster ever. That's right boys and girls, listen to his cautionary tail, cats and dogs. Everyone who knows not what they do should not test things out on their new phone, mamas and the papas. Thank you all for reading and being gorgeous and fabulous, guys and gals.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

That's why rooting guides always say 2 things:
    1. THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE
    2. BACKUP EVERYTHING

They're not joking.

Sorry to hear about your new $300 paperweight, but it might still be salvageable.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    That's why rooting guides always say 2 things:
    1. THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE
    2. BACKUP EVERYTHING

They're not joking.

Sorry to hear about your new $300 paperweight, but it might still be salvageable.
    Let me add:

3. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, STOP MESSING WITH YOUR PHONE RIGHT NOW.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Ascend M865 2.3.5

Yes the blue screen of death violated my Dell XPS that is a major bad ass computer if I do say so myself!! Anyway I got a nasy virus b/c I had a glitch in the security when comp. was not shut down right went the power went out.that could be the issues but for a cell i have no idea how to kill it but spend 6 1/2 hrs, 3 pots of coffee 2 packs killing it so if thats your prob good luck!

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

i used the custom clock work mod and i got to the screen where its the custom recovery i think to get to that screen its hold up volume and power on , i went down the list that and everything that said want to format and i formatted it not knowing what i just did but i formatted everything i could what the hell did i just do and is there any way to fix my phone since i formatted everything that i could.

i have attempted plugging my phone in download mode in my windows pc and transfered these files, amss.mbn, boot , cust, emmcboot.mbn,recovery. to my phone in download mode i unplug my phone while in download mode pull battery and restart phone im at blue screen of death i even get blue screen of death if i hold volume up and power on phone.

i have also attempted to erase files i said above and put these files on the phone while in download mode, .android_secure,android,dcim,golauncher,lost.dir,b oot unistaller, comfile.dat and i unplugged and pulled the battery and restart using power on volume up still blue screen of death as in powering on regular any help?

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Ascend M865 2.3.5

if it is a virus you will pass it to your pc!!! if it is you have to use anti-malware and a security and something to kill it. i dont know if they have apps like that for a cell but if the virus has opened or figures your killing it it will go right to your main drive and os and fry it and your done

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

first off i would like to thank you for your help.
    this is some backround where i am at.
    when i plug my phone in regular with or without battery in it is blue screen on windows 7 32bit i use via usb, when i plug my phone in the computer in download mode with battery i am able to go in "pink screen" on windows 7 32 bit there is a drive that pops up. this drive is has nothing on it. the size of the drive is 239 mb. i am able to view this drive in blue screen and pink screen when i have the phone plugged in the computer via usb. but when i shut down my computer and restart using lunix ubuntu 10.4 LTS . i am able to view 5 disc image drives in linux , when i have my phone plugged in via usb using blue screen or pink screen the same 5 disc image drives are viewable. these 5 disc image drives are pretty much empty since i deleted pretty much everything my question to you is can you please help me, by plugging in your phone via usb using linux 10.4 LTS one time not in download mode "pink screen", and please tell me what pops up the names of the very top files, folders that are on each disc image by classifiying them by image disc drive size.

example <------ "9999gigs disc image has these files on the disc image a,b,a1,b1,c43" im asking for your help its greatful i would like to know the top files folders names i do not neccessary need the names of the files in the folders thank you

Overall activity: 44.0%

this doesnt sound like a virus. What you did was format everything, like formatting a harddrive. You literally erased everything on the phone. When you formatted the "System" directory, you literally erased Android off the phone. You pretty much have a useless piece of silicone until Huawei releases the factory restore on their website. Or if someone can build one. I can only go as far as giving you the System "APPS" but anything else in the folder is gone. You can wait till huawei releases the file or you can buy a new phone. I'll share the link to the system files soon after it uploads.

LOL!!! sorry. Couldn't help myself.

If you have a recovery working just flash a the OTA rom!!! Someone with a mercury post a backup

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Fuuny n00bs are funny

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by AliKitten42 View Post
    if it is a virus you will pass it to your pc!!! if it is you have to use anti-malware and a security and something to kill it. i dont know if they have apps like that for a cell but if the virus has opened or figures your killing it it will go right to your main drive and os and fry it and your done
    What? A virus that can jump from Android to PC and fry the the drive? OMG!

Totally funny.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I turned my phone off fully working. Turned it on and got a bluebscreen. I JUST FIXED THE DAMN SCREEN NOW MY PHONES not working.
    Last edited by Woof; 05-03-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: inappropriate language in public foum

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

no bootlogo or anytthing? did u try to mess with bootlogo? i know u were talking about it... i think O_o

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    no bootlogo or anytthing? did u try to mess with bootlogo? i know u were talking about it... i think O_o
    yeah and it worked sucessfully. this is not because of that, otherwise i would be able to log into recovery mode

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information