Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

bought a used Mercury - claimed lost/stolen. Hope I can activate :(

got the district rep going to bat for me I think. I bought this from a guy who lost his Mercury...got a warrantee replacement (lost claim) and found his original phone after 2 days..... went back to the corporate store where he got the replacement and they wouldn't let him return either phone.... apparently the manager there told him to sell it on craigslist.

the manager might have just been trying to avoid returning a phone... I really hope I can get this to work...but even the district rep might have his hands tied. Might be considered insurance fraud from what he was initially told

worse comes to worst I should be able to get a refund of $150 from the guy.... I have his cell phone number (looked it up already and the name checks out, etc). He didn't try to be dishonest I don't think...but maybe was misinformed Sounds like he's willing to refund me if it doesn't work out......but of course I could pull some strings if he refuses...hopefully it won't come to that.

anyone have experience with this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Sorry, but you're NOT going to be able to activate this phone, if he doesn't refund you the money sell it for parts, or to someone who wants to flash it to another carrier like metro pcs, or even koodo (in canada)

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ya since an insurance claim has been done on it, it is technically the property of the insurance company. If a Cricket employee were to "fix" so you could activate it, they would likely lose their job.

Pretty paperweight though isnt it?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Someone is going to have a little dev phone.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

any chance i can flash this phone TO sprint?

this guy thinks he can get away with not replying to my texts....

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Sprint only accepts Sprint ESNs. Same with Verizon. You have to do some illegal things to get it working there.

Have any other carriers like Cricket around?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Did he tell you he did an insurance claim on it? IF he did, I think it is your fault for purchasing it and he should not have to refund you.. He did however commit insurance fraud.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Did he tell you he did an insurance claim on it? IF he did, I think it is your fault for purchasing it and he should not have to refund you.. He did however commit insurance fraud.
    Well he did say in the OP that the owner lost the phone, did a claim and found it a couple days later. I've seen that happen so you can suggest it could be a fraudulent claim but there's no way to prove it.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Sorry, but you're NOT going to be able to activate this phone, if he doesn't refund you the money sell it for parts, or to someone who wants to flash it to another carrier like metro pcs, or even koodo (in canada)
    I thought Koodo was a telus MNVO, and was on HSPA. My wife has a Optimus One (P500) that requires a sim, as do all their androids.

wow....i dunno how it worked, but the phone got activated. while at work i decided to just try activing it on a new line for the heck of it. it activated perfectly, even with *228....... so i took it off that account and contacted my dealer rep. Activated on employee line just fine

i've wasted lots of time trying to sell it as is and trying to figure out the cretin's auth ID, so i could cancel his accnt and put him through the same inconvenience...................also wasted a lot of time trying to find and buy another used mercury.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    I thought Koodo was a telus MNVO, and was on HSPA. My wife has a Optimus One (P500) that requires a sim, as do all their androids.
    They are an MVNO of Telus, and they are originally CDMA, they added the ability to also use Sim Cards when they saw how huge of a market their is for unlocked GSM phones in Canada. *I haven't been there since 2010, and I was a Koodo customer then and they were flashing / unlocking phones for customers*

Thread Information