Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

I believe the Honor does have cwm.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa it does because they released another ICS version that had a unlocked bootloader

Overall activity: 7.0%

Phone
    huawei mercury

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    the download mode has been replaced with a modem connections You can access this thru the pst software version1.o.. To push a full update.app to the phone . Also in root browser you can go back far enough to acess the customer image. where you can replace the recovery that way.. But it will only reboot to a recovery verification error.. only way to recover from this is i back to the pink screen with battery out connect com 10 and reflash the system update update.app.. i can pull the recovery out and post it if you think you might be able to find the verification signature and match it in the old recovery.... I think this is what we need to do ..
    how exactly did u do this? i cant do anything in download mode due to the modem issue

Verified Developer

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    getting cwm recovery on this phone will be not so easy. Someone will first have to either match the verification key and file size and structure in cwm recovery to the exact huawei recovert (per phone)This will be different for each user. Or get a recovery built that does this. One that on every start of the recovery checks and spoofs the verification to run.. then does the same on exit . it will also have to match the keys on the rom after its been flashed or you will get VERIFICATION ERROR..

as i stated before this is far beyond my skills (would need a hacker not developer) This is the issue we had with Acer a500 tablet . it looks almost identical situation. The guys that done it for a500 would only spend the time on a device they have.. SO WE ARE SOL.. This phone will be as it is without a custom recovery..

Now the above is on my guess from my experience with other devices with file verification security .. Do not hold me to the above.. I could be misunderstanding this totally...

If im wrong please explain this could be the first step to making it work....
    Purdy close, I've gotten to the same spot with it. CMW on it n only boots to a failed signature error image. This isnt the typical locked bootloader bs like with the Moto's etc. Its actaully doing a signature check on recovery and boot and maybe even possibly system. We (myself and other Devs) have ran into this on serveral newer devices released with ICS or just recently upgraded to ICS. None afaik have been bypassed yet... this doesnt mean it wont happen, but prolly does mean it wont happen until a popular device has the same bs on it and the top dawg devs attach it. In the mean time myself and others will still dabble n attempt to come up with something.

I also will be attempting to take the ics system n boot.img and see if I can repack em n they be installed from GB in CWM. I will be testing that this week.

Phone
    huawei mercury

ok i got the pst, but the port wont show phone nothing comes up and i think its due to the usb drivers or something and was wondering if there is a fix like drivers out there or is this phone permanetly bricked........its all the drivers i need

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

There's a thread with PST help. But PST isn't recommended.

Overall activity: 83.0%

I did it with the PST tool 2 times now and directly from the phone multiple times and I haven't had any problems so far. I have even changed the fonts, the boot animation, deleted the custom home launcher and replaces with Apex Launcher, changed the battery icon, supercharged it and still no problem. Still laggy, but its a demo, so it doesnt surprise me.

Phone
    zte score

So there is cwm for ics now?

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by jawaan View Post
    So there is cwm for ics now?

No

Phone
    zte score

What is jesus talking about then?

Phone
    Mercury M886

Doing ICS with the PST tool

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

My question is this : When the official ics version comes out, will it be the same as the unofficial one and will it be so hard to get a custom recovery for it?

Quote Originally Posted by randp1 View Post
    My question is this : When the official ics version comes out, will it be the same as the unofficial one and will it be so hard to get a custom recovery for it?

Well this isn't unofficial its demo. It will be the same only hell of a lot smoother, and more Working stuff!! As for recovery. We will find out when it gets here.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Overall activity: 83.0%

Yeah, i was talking about doing the ics with the pst.

anyways, so in a nutshell we need to unlock the bootloader, which is located in the boot.img file and tweak some things to get cwm loaded. Correct?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Purdy close, I've gotten to the same spot with it. CMW on it n only boots to a failed signature error image. This isnt the typical locked bootloader bs like with the Moto's etc. Its actaully doing a signature check on recovery and boot and maybe even possibly system. We (myself and other Devs) have ran into this on serveral newer devices released with ICS or just recently upgraded to ICS. None afaik have been bypassed yet... this doesnt mean it wont happen, but prolly does mean it wont happen until a popular device has the same bs on it and the top dawg devs attach it. In the mean time myself and others will still dabble n attempt to come up with something.

I also will be attempting to take the ics system n boot.img and see if I can repack em n they be installed from GB in CWM. I will be testing that this week.
    I'm not sure if this is significant or not, but when you flash back from ics to gb on the mercury you have to flash 2 zips. The first zip doesn't appear to do anything, but the second zip seems to actually flash it all back. No idea what the first zip does, but it may have something to do with the bootloader or something.

one more thing, i've been looking into onandriod. it seems to do a nandroid backup WITHOUT booting into recovery, currently not supported on the mercury, but it may be able to make it flashable in the gingerbread recovery. then we would have clockwork mod installed for ics, though much differently.

good luck man. thanks for the hard work

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information