Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    I'm not sure if this is significant or not, but when you flash back from ics to gb on the mercury you have to flash 2 zips. The first zip doesn't appear to do anything, but the second zip seems to actually flash it all back. No idea what the first zip does, but it may have something to do with the bootloader or something.

one more thing, i've been looking into onandriod. it seems to do a nandroid backup WITHOUT booting into recovery, currently not supported on the mercury, but it may be able to make it flashable in the gingerbread recovery. then we would have clockwork mod installed for ics, though much differently.

good luck man. thanks for the hard work
    I dont know of any device that does a backup (nadroid) w/o booting to cwm to do it.

And no it wont make a flashble zip, but rather a boot.img, data.tar, and a system.tar that is restorable in cwm. Now yes those files can be used to make a cwm flashable zip, but, how the merc does boot and recovery makes it a bit tricky to pull off.

I have a Cm9 zip for the u8860 to look at how its done, but i dont even know if it works for the u8860.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

@PG youre going to try to port that CM9 to the Mercury also?/

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    @PG youre going to try to port that CM9 to the Mercury also?/
    Did you read his post?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    I dont know of any device that does a backup (nadroid) w/o booting to cwm to do it.

And no it wont make a flashble zip, but rather a boot.img, data.tar, and a system.tar that is restorable in cwm. Now yes those files can be used to make a cwm flashable zip, but, how the merc does boot and recovery makes it a bit tricky to pull off.

I have a Cm9 zip for the u8860 to look at how its done, but i dont even know if it works for the u8860.
    Its called Online Android (I think) and it backs up your ROM without needing to go into recovery (for those who CANT miss a call, downloading something, to lazy, etc.) I think my S3 is supported but not really sure. You want a link up the thread?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Its called Online Android (I think) and it backs up your ROM without needing to go into recovery (for those who CANT miss a call, downloading something, to lazy, etc.) I think my S3 is supported but not really sure. You want a link up the thread?

no I dont need it.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Dayum real thug lol

Verified Developer

Dayum real thug lol
    sorry, but salas talks out his (edit) alot and doesnt have a clue. He couldnt compile to save his life, so him trying to tell me how to do anything is a lil annoying.

He and I have been down that road b4, he doesnt listen, and definately doesnt learn, altough I sure as hel wasted alot of time trying to teach him.
    Last edited by short6in; 10-18-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Language

Overall activity: 83.0%

This is child-ish of my part...

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Lol PG you are ratched and i didnt never know yall were on bad terms before like that lol, and is the flashable ICS coming along any good??

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    This is child-ish of my part...
    yours and mine both my friend hahahaha

Verified Developer

Lol PG you are ratched and i didnt never know yall were on bad terms before like that lol, and is the flashable ICS coming along any good??
    Well we're not on bad terms, I just dont candy-coat and I am very blunt, aka I tell it like it is, and Salas knows this.

I just seen where he has posted various things, not necessairy stated he did em, but let every credit him as it did it. He know how I feel about giving due credit.

Hes a very bright kid and is capible of learning tons... but lets just say he chooses to do things the hard way and not take advice of those who have lived & learned.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa i understand, hes cool peoples though and he has some really good knowledge over androids

check and dig...rock..roll...

no I dont need it.
    I was just giving you an explanation of what the other guy was talking about since you hadn't heard of it -__-

Well we're not on bad terms, I just dont candy-coat and I am very blunt, aka I tell it like it is, and Salas knows this.

I just seen where he has posted various things, not necessairy stated he did em, but let every credit him as it did it. He know how I feel about giving due credit.

Hes a very bright kid and is capible of learning tons... but lets just say he chooses to do things the hard way and not take advice of those who have lived & learned.
    Yes, PG is like my brother in law. Whether you want to hear it or not, he's tell it how it is. We had our ups and downs, and trust me guys, I have really matured and am almost nothing like what I was back in the "myascend.org" days... yes I was very ignorant and wouldn't listen but I have really grown up. No more troubles in school (except for me being ASSALTED and the principle not believing me for using self defence) and my grades have really improved. I'm drug free, and I make friends left and right. I don't listen to Rap as much as I used to, its more Spanish music, or sugar ray and Sublime. And I realized what SPM did was wrong and there's no denying it. And about the credit thing, since I actually don't even see the thread anymore I haven't edited my OP. I in fact DID NOT make the recovery for the mercury. Jonhaney actually took the recovery of the honor and modded it to work with the mercury. I was just the second person in the world with a custom recovery. He asked me to make a thread and so I did. I forget things easily (a reason for drug free) so I never got around to modding OP. And its my fault I didnt do it when I posted it, but hey even then my post was just a plain thread with the WRONG title, because I didn't know how to change it. I'm truly sorry for being a "false hero" and I never stated it was my recovery. Even the ROM posts have credits "thanks. Salas/jonhaney ( idk the origin yet)" and also why I DONT have a PayPal link because I don't want anything in return for something i didnt do. Hey, Pg I hope you cool with me now.
    PS. I have a job interview tomorrow. You think the old me would even fill out an application?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information