Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

could this be possible for the source code on the m886?

alright so quick question...what if huawei did release everything for the mercury but it's under honor. It doesn't seem huawei released this phone as mercury, cricket did...so what if cricket has all the drivers and source code? what if we're going about this all wrong, and the real culprit is cricket, not huawei?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Maybe we should hack their servers and find it. Sounds easier to me

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by jesse59672 View Post
    Maybe we should hack their servers and find it. Sounds easier to me
    lol at this rate, i'm starting to wonder if that would be the easier task haha.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Guys not to burst bubbles.. But no the source kernel for honor is different . That is on there site. The person responsible to release source is the PHONE MANUFACTURER. you will notice on the e8860e phone. they released a update on there china site. The manufacturer is required to release the phone kernel under gpl licensing agreement. They are in violation. But seems alot of over seas companies does this same thing To devices sold in the us.. oUR GOV Does not care about GPL so will not Enforce. Cricket will likely NOT Want source to be released For obvious reasons.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    Guys not to burst bubbles.. But no the source kernel for honor is different . That is on there site. The person responsible to release source is the PHONE MANUFACTURER. you will notice on the e8860e phone. they released a update on there china site. The manufacturer is required to release the phone kernel under gpl licensing agreement. They are in violation. But seems alot of over seas companies does this same thing To devices sold in the us.. oUR GOV Does not care about GPL so will not Enforce. Cricket will likely NOT Want source to be released For obvious reasons.
    I understand all this, i really do, and i know all that as well. but noting the fact that huawei doesn't even have the device listed under there devices on the home page outside of a few manuals from cricket, isn't it possible that cricket hired dev's to take off parts of the honor and tweak it so it'd be less and so they could sell it for less without losing money? if that were the case, than potentially the "mercury's" source kernel would be with cricket not huawei.

plus i haven't seen anything like this before from huawei, they released the ascends kernel pretty quick, and they also released the honors source pretty quick too. so it seems a bit strange they're doing that. also some of there employees don't even know this phone exists (from previous comments on other threads). you didn't burst my bubble, twas a simple question. after all, it's not as if there's a source kernel released as of yet anyways. cricket HAS to have the kernel if they're updating the stock rom to 2.3.6 and also adding the muve music upgrade too. so they have it no matter what.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I Think they are holding it back because its flawed.That still does not make it right. WITH This being a phone on crickets network and so few supporting users on the forums. We have no numbers to force them to give answers or source for this device. Also knowing that what is happening on this phone is only here and NOT XDA Makes them take us even less serious (No offence to this forum.) BUt it does not have the power of xda. THIS PHONE not being on there Hurts this community. I also believe that a good true code developer could port the roms that are available to cdma. I just have not much knowledge of the kernel or radios in these phones. .This phone will likely be skilled over by the dev community.But who knows for sure. Huawei is not that great of a company as people are acting. Cricket is the same with tech support. but there price versus features makes them worth the troubles they have..

Thread Information