Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Cricket Huawei M886 Read only nothing works when reinstalling

Hi everyone,

A month or so ago my phone started having problems. It was when i downloaded the Michaels coupon app and after that all types of errors started to appear for example;

Sorry! The application streams (process com.huawei. socialtext) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again!

It does this on most items that I open, or when i'm in the middle of a call.

I tried the factory reinstall via the phone, came back up with an earlier version of my phone from the day before. Then i tried the pink screen and reinstalled the recover.img still that earlier version from the day before. It has a version that it just keeps coming back to.

Right now it is in a continues reboot loop while i try to type this.

You cannot reinstall this phone, you cannot do a firmware update, does not read SD cards now. I really enjoyed this phone, and cricket are no help. They will not warranty it even though the phone is 6 months old. I paid almost 300.00 for the dam thing. The girl said it has a few scratches, has to be in new condition for us to warranty it. grrrr!

Any help would be appropriated it.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

What firmware was it on when you got it, if it was on 2.3.5 then its defective. Return to the store and get a replacement because Cricket did have a callback and replaced alot of customers phones. Tell them its a defective device that it started happening randomly and they will see if they can fix it, if they cant they shall replace it. Good luck!
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    What firmware was it on when you got it, if it was on 2.3.5 then its defective. Return to the store and get a replacement because Cricket did have a callback and replaced alot of customers phones. Tell them its a defective device that it started happening randomly and they will see if they can fix it, if they cant they shall replace it. Good luck!
    Thank you for the reply.

The firmware that I currently have on this device is; 2.3.6 that is the android version if that is what you mean.

What was weird is that prior to this happening i had cricket calling me and they kept dropping the call. Something about one of our phones which needs a replacement. I thought it was my husbands which we had to buy another one for.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela Hayes View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

The firmware that I currently have on this device is; 2.3.6 that is the android version if that is what you mean.

What was weird is that prior to this happening i had cricket calling me and they kept dropping the call. Something about one of our phones which needs a replacement. I thought it was my husbands which we had to buy another one for.
    Well the mercury is in fact the one that they were wanting to replace for the newer models. You should take care of that asap before it too late.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Thread Information