Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    My credibility is established here. You can wonder all you want. I think its strange that people are so ungrateful. I am running a store and I post here when I have a second. I haven't had time to do the video yet. If you don't want to wait, feel free to drive to my store and pick up my video camera and do it yourself. Next time something cool comes my way I'll just keep it to myself.
    Like most of the people on this board, I am thankful and appreciative of the information and pictures he has posted so far. Again thank you Woof, you certainly don't have to supply us with anything. Although we would appreciate the video when you have some time to put it up somewhere. I also understand peoples frustration with the situation in general (not Woof) but the lack of flow of consistant or accurate information from either Huawei or Cricket. Unfortunetly with how things have played out currently with a lot of confusion, speculation and like flying about surrounding nearly every aspect about this phone, it easy to get frustrated and mistrustful. We must remember who is ultimately responsible for this which is Huawei and Cricket, not fellow enthusiasts like Woof (he may work or even run a Cricket authorized dealer, but in the end he is doing this for the same reason we are he is interested in the product). So lets try to keep calm heads and hearts with the people that are only trying to help. If you want to complain please direct your complaints to Huawei or Cricket directly, perhaps if enough people do they will reconsider the way they handle these releases and grow as a company(ies) as is the case.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    ur right, the way cricket like to put out a phone is to drop it like a bomb with no warning, wich i do not agreewith atall. how stupid can they be, if the advertized phones more often more people would be lining up for the phone when it came out ya know
    Yeah, they should put up a pre-order page. Even if they don't pick an exact date, they can still say "Your phone will be shipped in the month of December". It's sad because I'm thinking a lot of people are going to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and get a different phone. Instead of paying $200+ for the Huawei Mercury, they might just pay $99 for the Samsung Vitality on Black Friday. We will see though. Hopefully they will announce the phone a few days before Black Friday.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, they should put up a pre-order page. Even if they don't pick an exact date, they can still say "Your phone will be shipped in the month of December". It's sad because I'm thinking a lot of people are going to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and get a different phone. Instead of paying $200+ for the Huawei Mercury, they might just pay $99 for the Samsung Vitality on Black Friday. We will see though. Hopefully they will announce the phone a few days before Black Friday.
    Cricket does not make announcements with definite dates because they dont want customers to stop buying whats currently in stock.
    Because of the vitality BF deal, yes it will be $100 everywhere, the Mercury wont be announced before then. Thats my gut.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Ok, so I made the video with a Flip MinoHD. I just got it. I have never used it before. It came in a couple days before my rep with the Mercury and I had only played with it once. The video sucks but it is what it is. I was not familiar with the autofocus (if there is any) and so some of the scenes will be blurry. Also my first ever video to youtube.

Don't judge.

It's encoding now, should be up shortly.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    samsung messenger2

Yo Woof! I appreciate you posting information and sharing what you know. Occassionally, you'll get a few bad apples once in a while. Whenever you can get the video, post it up and well be glad to check it out.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Sadly Woof I do not disagree with your assessment. However what Cricket fails to realize is, that those that would hold off buying because of a newer better phone on the horizon are doing just that anyway. Furthermore there are people such as myself that are considering alternate options with other carriers because of a lack of a "newer more powerful generation" smartphone offerings from their product line up, and with Black Friday sales occuring at alternate carriers as well it adds up to a very poor choice on their part. In short, I think that their marketing department is pretty fail. Those that will buy simply because something is on sale will do so, and those that hold out for something more powerful will do that as well. Other carriers realize this and cater to all the segments of their market, a place where Cricket has consistantly missed the boat so to speak.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Also the music sucks, but I had to put something in there to replace the audio of my rep talking. She had no idea I was making a video and just kept rambling on. Best bet is to mute it.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Sadly Woof I do not disagree with your assessment. However what Cricket fails to realize is, that those that would hold off buying because of a newer better phone on the horizon are doing just that anyway. Furthermore there are people such as myself that are considering alternate options with other carriers because of a lack of a "newer more powerful generation" smartphone offerings from their product line up, and with Black Friday sales occuring at alternate carriers as well it adds up to a very poor choice on their part. In short, I think that their marketing department is pretty fail. Those that will buy simply because something is on sale will do so, and those that hold out for something more powerful will do that as well. Other carriers realize this and cater to all the segments of their market, a place where Cricket has consistantly missed the boat so to speak.
    Ya well comparing Verizons release schedule when they have 86 million customers to Cricket's 6 million isnt really fair either. That extra 80 million paying customers gives them a tiny bit more ability to move things faster. Or AT&T or Sprint for that matter.
    The other prepaid carriers dont really do it any different than cricket.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Yeah, there will probably be a lot of people switching carriers because of the Black Friday deals.

I'm sure it's the same with every provider though. Cricket might get some new customers because of that $99 Vitality sale.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post

Ya well comparing Verizons release schedule when they have 86 million customers to Cricket's 6 million isnt really fair either. That extra 80 million paying customers gives them a tiny bit more ability to move things faster. Or AT&T or Sprint for that matter.
    The other prepaid carriers dont really do it any different than cricket.
    Well this isn't necessarily the case, T-mobile and the "Walmart" variant of prepaid carriers have both at least made official announcements about upcoming phones. Those other carriers whether Cricket likes it or not are the competition, they should act accordingly or loose out. As they say "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!" LOL well that's my two cents anyway Woof. (no pun intended, well mostly) LOL

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Besides putting up the new phone at full or close to full retail price (preorder or not), next to the older phones that are on sale at Black Friday prices, I really don't think that will have people that are the type of person to be there on BF looking for a deal, holding off to buy something that is *MUCH* more expensive than their sale offereings. I don't see the two being in very much competition with each other. Again I think you are talking about two different buying segments of the market. Those that don't see an offerring that meets their technical requirements are more likely to leave to check out another carrier vs buying something because it is the only option or because it is on sale. The same for the person that comes for the deal, is unlikely to see a full retail price phone and buy it or preorder it vs getting "a good deal" on something else. Two different mindsets. If there is one thing I know, its marketing. LOL

Phone
    huawei mercury

hey j. w. woof do u have a youtube page ?

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

A brief look at the Huawei Mercury from Cricket - YouTube

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Well Woof the video has already shown me that the glossy back scratches or scuffs easily. =( Sad because I really like that about the phone, I would have expected finger prints...but the scratches and scuffs are disappointing as I am sure your Rep can't have had hold of it for too long. But I am sure the back cover will be available in aftermarket flavors soon enough after release, or at the very least skinny silicone covers. It wouldn't keep me from buying it though. LOL

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Damn I didnt even get a chance to post the link.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Just so you all know, thats a field trial model and the covers case whatever may actually be a little different than what is released.

Phone
    huawei mercury

my bad seen it on there so i shared with others on here lol

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by turk4854 View Post
    my bad seen it on there so i shared with others on here lol
    No worries.

Thanks Woof!

Phone
    Mercury/Admire 2

Hello everyone! New here, allow me to introduce my self I'm Dieselfbg! I work for cricket and we got the new "My cricket guide" in today, it shows the Huawei Mercury and short details so it should be available soon! Here's a pic taken from my Lg Optimus c. Enjoy!
    crickethuawei.jpg

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information