Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Is anyone else kinda shocked that this phone didn't make it out for Black Friday? Anyone taking bets on whether it will be out this week? I'm kinda shocked really that they have not released it yet. Maybe they wanted to clear stock with Black Friday before releasing this one? *scratching head

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 12.0%

I'm going with right before christmas..dec 15 -21, we'll see.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonrw View Post
    Is anyone else kinda shocked that this phone didn't make it out for Black Friday? Anyone taking bets on whether it will be out this week? I'm kinda shocked really that they have not released it yet. Maybe they wanted to clear stock with Black Friday before releasing this one? *scratching head
    Yeah, I really thought it would be out by Black Friday.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I really thought it would be out by Black Friday.
    Certainly it would have been the logical thing to do. Also I am quite surprised not to see the Samsung Indulge at a discounted rate, you would think they'd have tried to blow that model out a bit. Since likely (and hopefully) putting a more powerful phone up for less cash would tend to cramp sales of the Indulge a bit. Maybe they figure with Samsungs brand recoginition and the added functionality of a slide out keyboard it won't take a huge hit, up against the Mercury. I can only think that they must not have sufficient supplys on hand to put it out for sale yet. For if they are sitting on it in a warehouse somewhere when Virgin prepaid is blowing out Optimus V androids for $64., it would be a boneheaded move of EPIC preportions!

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Oh Cricket! You don't know how tempted I am right now....Virgin Prepaid has the Motorola Triumph (very nice top tier android) for $150.00 and their unlimited plan is only $55. a month too!! Struggling to have the willpower to hold out for the Mercury....must wait....must.....wait...

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Certainly it would have been the logical thing to do. Also I am quite surprised not to see the Samsung Indulge at a discounted rate, you would think they'd have tried to blow that model out a bit. Since likely (and hopefully) putting a more powerful phone up for less cash would tend to cramp sales of the Indulge a bit. Maybe they figure with Samsungs brand recoginition and the added functionality of a slide out keyboard it won't take a huge hit, up against the Mercury. I can only think that they must not have sufficient supplys on hand to put it out for sale yet. For if they are sitting on it in a warehouse somewhere when Virgin prepaid is blowing out Optimus V androids for $64., it would be a boneheaded move of EPIC preportions!

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Oh Cricket! You don't know how tempted I am right now....Virgin Prepaid has the Motorola Triumph (very nice top tier android) for $150.00 and their unlimited plan is only $55. a month too!! Struggling to have the willpower to hold out for the Mercury....must wait....must.....wait...
    Don't pay $150, get it for $120! Check this out:
    Virgin Mobile Huge 50% off Sale! +20% off!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

@racersx you have so eloquently put into words what was in my head. All of your points are on target. I too am really surprised that they haven't lowered the price of the Indulge yet. They havent budged on it!

I so feel you on the temptation though. I am tempted as well to make some other decisions. However, "patience is a virtue" LOL!!!!!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

@Avenue thank you, but you aren't exacty helping me with the whole willpower thing. LOL And @lynntre, I am trying to hold out for the Mercury...I just hope I am not kicking myself later...LOL

Overall activity: 12.0%

they probally have a agreement with samsung about the price..

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Muve is the focus. Thats why the Indulge was not on sale. Muve. Get it?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

@racerxs I looked up the reviews on that Virgin Mobile phone and the reviews are AWFUL. It might be a good idea to wait.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by lynntre View Post
    @racerxs I looked up the reviews on that Virgin Mobile phone and the reviews are AWFUL. It might be a good idea to wait.
    Yeah not so hot, that is for sure. Been holding out this long....so far so good. LOL

@Woof I would like to believe that Cricket knows a flop when they see it, and I am calling it with MUVE. It's a flop. With tons and tons of free music apps (Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Grooveshark, SlackerRadio) and lots of places to get free ringtones, it provides me no actual value. Not to mention the all the apps coming online that provide you free access to playing your tuns from a cloud storage. If they are short sighted enough to keep pushing something that is quite obviously a lost cause, then sad to say there probably isn't that much of a future in Cricket as a company. But yes, I acknowledge that all the phones that they put on sale were MUVE phones.....stupid....just stupid....especially with other no contract providers coming up with very competitive monthly pricing structures!

Yeah not so hot, that is for sure. Been holding out this long....so far so good. LOL

@Woof I would like to believe that Cricket knows a flop when they see it, and I am calling it with MUVE. It's a flop. With tons and tons of free music apps (Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Grooveshark, SlackerRadio) and lots of places to get free ringtones, it provides me no actual value. Not to mention the all the apps coming online that provide you free access to playing your tuns from a cloud storage. If they are short sighted enough to keep pushing something that is quite obviously a lost cause, then sad to say there probably isn't that much of a future in Cricket as a company. But yes, I acknowledge that all the phones that they put on sale were MUVE phones.....stupid....just stupid....especially with other no contract providers coming up with very competitive monthly pricing structures!
    Do you know how many Muve Music customers Cricket has? I think they have over 300,000 now. I would say that it's been successful.

It's just what many people want. Everything is on one bill, everything is unlimited, and it's legal.

Personally, I use Rhapsody, but I do think Muve Music is a great deal.

I do think they should have put some other phones on sale though.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Do you know how many Muve Music customers Cricket has? I think they have over 300,000 now. I would say that it's been successful.

It's just what many people want. Everything is on one bill, everything is unlimited, and it's legal.

Personally, I use Rhapsody, but I do think Muve Music is a great deal.

I do think they should have put some other phones on sale though.
    I will let time speak for me, as to the success of MUVE. All the apps I listed are legal too, and NO BILL. Free is always more attractive, especially since they are LEGAL FREE alternatives. There are other much more attractive music services for my $10 a month such as Spotify which is also legal. I don't think MUVE is long for this world, so if you have it enjoy it by all means. LOL

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I will let time speak for me, as to the success of MUVE. All the apps I listed are legal too, and NO BILL. Free is always more attractive, especially since they are LEGAL FREE alternatives. There are other much more attractive music services for my $10 a month such as Spotify which is also legal. I don't think MUVE is long for this world, so if you have it enjoy it by all means. LOL
    I would have to disagree. The segment of people that want to have to do something extra to get something is very small. People are stupid and lazy (sorry folks, but its true). Having something built in that works out of the box is a big deal to alot of people. Muve has been a big success so far. You cant compare it to Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Grooveshark, SlackerRadio because they are all streaming apps that play random songs based on a station, or an actual radio station. Totally different. And how many of them work on an airplane or when you dont have coverage? Muve you get to select what you want. Sorry but youre doing apples to oranges. Plus how many folks know what the hell cloud storage is? And where do the songs in the cloud storage come from? Someone has to buy them. The cloud doesnt come full does it?
    Youre argument reminds me of the folks who said the ipod and itunes would fail. "Why would anyone buy a song for 99 cents and carry around this thing when they can just listen to the radio?"

It may not appeal to you, but it's hardly a flop.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Uhmmm Spotify does offer exactly what MUVE offers (music-wise), except you aren't tied down to one device and its completely legal and offers on device storage for when you not connected. Music is music BTW, and the radio apps learn from what you listen to and expose you to NEW music that you are likely to like based on your listening habits. Perhaps people specifically looking to buy a "music" service and are unintiated as to the options available might be likely to choose MUVE, I dont think those that are internet savvy are likely to be attracted by this offering. But as P.T. Barnum was often noted to comment "there is a sucker born every minute." With the market moving toward a much higher Smartphone market saturation, it is very unlikely that a music service that is PAY TO PLAY will survive in market filled with commercially sponsored FREE LEGAL MUSIC services available. Time will tell where MUVE ends up in the scheme of things.

Don't get me wrong. As a whole I like Cricket. But I can't help feel that they as a company are moving in the wrong direction with MUVE, with the Tethering option (that actually adds nothing to your account apart from an additional $10 to your bill). In the end, if they end up going belly up with these kind of nickel and dime tactics...they still provided enough market pressure to bring on board other prepaid providers to their pricing tier. The more of these that exist, the more pressure on the large TELCOs to lower prices and match services. So in the end, even if Cricket ends up self destructing with poor business tactics it has provided an invaluable service to the public at large by being a price/service innovator and market motivator. I hope the folks at Cricket end up with enough horse sense to continue with the successful mantra that made them popular in the first place "More for Less" instead of the current trend of trying emulate the larger TELCOs by seeing what they can seperate and add addtitional charges for.

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information