Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Uhmmm Spotify does offer exactly what MUVE offers (music-wise), except you aren't tied down to one device and its completely legal and offers on device storage for when you not connected. Music is music BTW, and the radio apps learn from what you listen to and expose you to NEW music that you are likely to like based on your listening habits. Perhaps people specifically looking to buy a "music" service and are unintiated as to the options available might be likely to choose MUVE, I dont think those that are internet savvy are likely to be attracted by this offering. But as P.T. Barnum was often noted to comment "there is a sucker born every minute." With the market moving toward a much higher Smartphone market saturation, it is very unlikely that a music service that is PAY TO PLAY will survive in market filled with commercially sponsored FREE LEGAL MUSIC services available. Time will tell where MUVE ends up in the scheme of things.
    You sounded pretty smart until that bolded line. Clearly itunes is on the brink of failure and about to fold. Come on. There is no one model that fits everyone and thats why multiple services with different schemes can survive and thrive.

Don't get me wrong. As a whole I like Cricket. But I can't help feel that they as a company are moving in the wrong direction with MUVE, with the Tethering option (that actually adds nothing to your account apart from an additional $10 to your bill). In the end, if they end up going belly up with these kind of nickel and dime tactics...they still provided enough market pressure to bring on board other prepaid providers to their pricing tier. The more of these that exist, the more pressure on the large TELCOs to lower prices and match services. So in the end, even if Cricket ends up self destructing with poor business tactics it has provided an invaluable service to the public at large by being a price/service innovator and market motivator. I hope the folks at Cricket end up with enough horse sense to continue with the successful mantra that made them popular in the first place "More for Less" instead of the current trend of trying emulate the larger TELCOs by seeing what they can seperate and add addtitional charges for.
    Again, people are stupid and lazy. If they dont have to do anything but push the go button that appeals to them. Spotify requires installation and set up. Not everyone knows how to do that stuff and a pre-installed, ready to go service does appeal to people. I use spotify and pandora myself but I can see the value in Muve for others just the same. It isn't and wont be a flop.

Tethering is the same type of animal. If it's built in and people are willing to pay for it to avoid having to do any extra work to get it working, why not. Thats why its a choice. You dont want either, dont get them. But don't fault the company for trying to appeal to a broader audience, just because youre not that audience.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Surely WOOF you understand the difference between throwing the weight of the name of "APPLE" behind something, and some company with a lot less branding power like Cricket...So when you talk about APPLES and ORANGES or should I say CRICKETS you should know better. Also are you aware how much money iTUNES has cost APPLE??!! I wonder...it only became barely profitable relatively recently...until then that giant APPLE was throwing money at it left and right to keep it afloat. Does Cricket have the branding or money to keep something like that going, I think not.

I will let time speak for me, as to the success of MUVE. All the apps I listed are legal too, and NO BILL. Free is always more attractive, especially since they are LEGAL FREE alternatives. There are other much more attractive music services for my $10 a month such as Spotify which is also legal. I don't think MUVE is long for this world, so if you have it enjoy it by all means. LOL
    The first applications you listed weren't for downloading music, but they are good for people who like to listen to whatever is on, and stream it, not download it.

Personally, I like Rhapsody, but Spotify is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I would have to disagree. The segment of people that want to have to do something extra to get something is very small. People are stupid and lazy (sorry folks, but its true). Having something built in that works out of the box is a big deal to alot of people. Muve has been a big success so far. You cant compare it to Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Grooveshark, SlackerRadio because they are all streaming apps that play random songs based on a station, or an actual radio station. Totally different. And how many of them work on an airplane or when you dont have coverage? Muve you get to select what you want. Sorry but youre doing apples to oranges. Plus how many folks know what the hell cloud storage is? And where do the songs in the cloud storage come from? Someone has to buy them. The cloud doesnt come full does it?
    Youre argument reminds me of the folks who said the ipod and itunes would fail. "Why would anyone buy a song for 99 cents and carry around this thing when they can just listen to the radio?"

It may not appeal to you, but it's hardly a flop.
    I must agree with Woof on this one. I choose Rhapsody over Muve Music becuase I can listen to it on my computer and on three different devices, for just $15/month. That is $5 per month per phone (up to three phones) compared to Cricket, which would end up being $10 per month, per phone, which is double the price (at $30 per month). People do want what is easy. It's all on one bill, they don't need to set it up, etc. That's why some people choose a triple play through a provider. They would rather pay more and have it be on one bill rather than go through two or three different companies to get a better deal. I would go and get a better deal through other providers, but a lot of people like the easy way.

Uhmmm Spotify does offer exactly what MUVE offers (music-wise), except you aren't tied down to one device and its completely legal and offers on device storage for when you not connected. Music is music BTW, and the radio apps learn from what you listen to and expose you to NEW music that you are likely to like based on your listening habits. Perhaps people specifically looking to buy a "music" service and are unintiated as to the options available might be likely to choose MUVE, I dont think those that are internet savvy are likely to be attracted by this offering. But as P.T. Barnum was often noted to comment "there is a sucker born every minute." With the market moving toward a much higher Smartphone market saturation, it is very unlikely that a music service that is PAY TO PLAY will survive in market filled with commercially sponsored FREE LEGAL MUSIC services available. Time will tell where MUVE ends up in the scheme of things.

Don't get me wrong. As a whole I like Cricket. But I can't help feel that they as a company are moving in the wrong direction with MUVE, with the Tethering option (that actually adds nothing to your account apart from an additional $10 to your bill). In the end, if they end up going belly up with these kind of nickel and dime tactics...they still provided enough market pressure to bring on board other prepaid providers to their pricing tier. The more of these that exist, the more pressure on the large TELCOs to lower prices and match services. So in the end, even if Cricket ends up self destructing with poor business tactics it has provided an invaluable service to the public at large by being a price/service innovator and market motivator. I hope the folks at Cricket end up with enough horse sense to continue with the successful mantra that made them popular in the first place "More for Less" instead of the current trend of trying emulate the larger TELCOs by seeing what they can seperate and add addtitional charges for.
    You might prefer to listen to those free applications to get exposed to new music, but some people want to listen to what they want to listen to. I'm one of them. If I want to hear a certain song, that's what I want to hear. If they play something different, I'll move on to something else. There are some people that, like you said, do prefer to be exposed to new music. That is when Pandora is great, because it will play music similar to what you have been listening to, and at times it will play music you've never heard before.

I don't think Muve Music is going anywhere, nor do I think Rhapsody will be going anywhere. I actually read an article that said Rhapsody isn't worried about the "competition" at all.

I think Cricket is moving in the right direction by offering Muve Music and tethering. The tethering option could use some improvement. For example, they could give an addition 500 MB of data with it, or something like that.. I'm sure some people, including myself, would get annoyed if we were asked to pay $10 for the same thing we were getting for free before.

You both have made some good points, but on this case I would need to say I'm on Cricket's, Rhapsody's, and Woof's side.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Hey don't get me wrong, I am all for Cricket making money and staying around. Perhaps this is where I am not coming across well, I don't care that they offer these services, if it makes them money then by all means. What I am disturbed by is the general direction that Cricket is going in by offering these type of services. I keep hearing that these services are for the lazy, stupid or ill informed which kinda makes them exploitive in nature. I want a company that wants a good bottom line but also wants to "care" for their customer base not exploit them. As to the tethering option, if you'd like to call it that, (I personally don't have need to use it anyway) but reading how they send an email to someone they detect is using tethering and try to force them to pay the extra $10 a month to use their branded tethering which actually in no way adds anything to your account (no extended data cap, no guarranteed speed, nada) it kinda comes down putting someone over a barrel and threatening to cancel their account for breach of terms of service if they don't pay anb extra $10 a month. Chances are if someone did choose to use the phone to tether, they are using in a limited fashion like while travelling and so on (will there be an exception to that, of course). Just think its kind of an underhanded tactic, and as a consumer I don't like it. In all likelyhood, there was nothing in the terms of service until very recerntly anyway, and most people probably never agreed to it in the first place. See the bad part is, reasons like this is exactly why people wanted to move to a non contract provider in the first place so Cricket using these tactics is a HUGE disappointment to me anyway. I want to love Cricket, you know like people love TiVO or APPLE, but Cricket just keeps making it harder and harder. Just my two cents...and the reason I keep posting things like this is simple, somewhere right now there is a person or people that Cricket has hired to monitor boards like this one to find out what people are saying about them and their services and I hoping they are reading this and will relay to the people in charge that people like myself are taking note. That is all.

you all totally went out of topic with this one
    but on the huawei mercury start up video the owner of the video said he have been told the phone suppose to come out before Dec 1 so that mean its sometimes this week
    i wanna know if this is true or just one of those guesses

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by mraby291 View Post
    you all totally went out of topic with this one
    Boy you got me dead to rights there. I'm sorry for going off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mraby291 View Post
    but on the huawei mercury start up video the owner of the video said he have been told the phone suppose to come out before Dec 1 so that mean its sometimes this week
    i wanna know if this is true or just one of those guesses
    My best guess is, what you've got there is one of those "best guesses". LOL

For those who work at a corprate stores wont the phone come in the next shipments for phone if you know please post the next shipment maybe thats where the huawei mercury is

I love this woof guy

Overall activity: 12.0%

I don't get why cricket is so damn secretive about the releases.. I think wouldn't they want people to be ready when it does release? Its nerve racking lol

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    I don't get why cricket is so damn secretive about the releases.. I think wouldn't they want people to be ready when it does release? Its nerve racking lol

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk
    Think of it like how Apple markets it's products. Apple was and kinda still is infamous for keeping their products under-wraps until release date. They would hide their latest top of the line power macs till day release. Early iPods were that way too. Only exception being the eminence popularity of iPones/Pads which draw up huge lines. Why hide? Continue to sell a steady stream of its current stocks. I would have held out on them if I knew certain upgrades were around the corner.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by buddyboi View Post
    I love this woof guy
    The rofl icon indicates youre being sarcastic.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    The rofl icon indicates youre being sarcastic.
    Perhaps not; you are a likable and very knowledgeable character! You do go off every now and then; but don't we all? I've probably read every post in this thread, and have my own opinions... and it's probably best if I keep them to myself

BUT I'm STILL waiting!!!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Perhaps not; you are a likable and very knowledgeable character! You do go off every now and then; but don't we all? I've probably read every post in this thread, and have my own opinions... and it's probably best if I keep them to myself

BUT I'm STILL waiting!!!
    Me likable?

i don't think this phone is worth waiting for anymore
    i think the evo 3d for $ 399 may just do

its almost december ! i guess the rumors of it being released were wrong /: , and would cricket have the phone on their website as soon as its released ?

Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread Information