Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Just had a visit from some corp folks. One of them had the Mercury (the one in my video) and I asked her for feedback on it. She says its a great phone and she really likes it. I asked if the delay is because they want to Muve on it. "Nope, it likely won't have Muve on it when it comes out on the 15th". SHe then backpedaled and said that could mean dec 15th or Jan 15th, but I know better.

I'd say two weeks is it folks. When I see it for order, you'll know. I check everyday.
    That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Thanks Ave. =)
    No problem.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Not to blow my own horn but didn't I say 15-22

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    June 2008
    Phone
    M886

Just seen this video of the honor posted on GSM arena youtube page of the Huawei Honor.

Huawei U8860 Honor user interface - YouTube

!

Looks awesome.. In alot of ways it resembles the ascend 2

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    Looks awesome.. In alot of ways it resembles the ascend 2
    To me it looks iPhone-esk...like a mix of the 3 and 4... Looks nice! At least Dec. is usually a busy month for everyone and the two weeks should go by quickly...LOL

I wonder if the Huawei Mercury will sell better than the Huawei Ascend. The first Ascend was very popular, especially because of its price. The Mercury will be Cricket's most powerful phone, and a lot of people are waiting for it. Do you think the Mercury will end up selling better?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I wonder if the Huawei Mercury will sell better than the Huawei Ascend. The first Ascend was very popular, especially because of its price. The Mercury will be Cricket's most powerful phone, and a lot of people are waiting for it. Do you think the Mercury will end up selling better?
    Well assuming no glaring flaws are uncovered and it hits the market at a very competitive price point, I would guess definitely so! Most reviewers seem really happy with it and quite surprised by its power and capabilities. Potentially the phone could be a game changer for both Cricket and Huawei...

I should say it has the potential of being a game changer...it will largely depend how Cricket and Huawei handle the media/advertising. Huawei doesn't exactly have a lot of brand power in the US right now, and Cricket while growing rapidly could use more media exposure as a whole. If I was Huawei and Cricket I would be getting as many of these units into the hands of the Techie Gods and Geektech Reviewers to start building some hype and product recognition, in concert with maybe a two phased print/TV media blitz partnered with both companies spliting costs. As well Cricket should be focusing some advertisement revenue on new techie/gadget/power user as these tends to be a market segment that has heavy influence on the market trends.
    Last edited by racerxs; 12-01-2011 at 09:48 PM.

I think it will.. But I think it will take time, not too many people will lay down that kind of cash for a phone, especially when they can get the ascend 2 and vitality, for half the price... Not to mention the zte score!

The huawei mercury will have........ ADOBE FLASH PLAYER WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by argenius View Post
    True and I am sure it will be nice for a little while, but Adobe has dropped development for Flash Player Mobile...so I am not sure how much this will matter a little ways down the road....

Adobe Halts Flash Plug-In Development For Mobile Platforms

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Well assuming no glaring flaws are uncovered and it hits the market at a very competitive price point, I would guess definitely so! Most reviewers seem really happy with it and quite surprised by its power and capabilities. Potentially the phone could be a game changer for both Cricket and Huawei...

I should say it has the potential of being a game changer...it will largely depend how Cricket and Huawei handle the media/advertising. Huawei doesn't exactly have a lot of brand power in the US right now, and Cricket while growing rapidly could use more media exposure as a whole. If I was Huawei and Cricket I would be getting as many of these units into the hands of the Techie Gods and Geektech Reviewers to start building some hype and product recognition, in concert with maybe a two phased print/TV media blitz partnered with both companies spliting costs. As well Cricket should be focusing some advertisement revenue on new techie/gadget/power user as these tends to be a market segment that has heavy influence on the market trends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    I think it will.. But I think it will take time, not too many people will lay down that kind of cash for a phone, especially when they can get the ascend 2 and vitality, for half the price... Not to mention the zte score!

I think it has the potential to sell more, but I'm not sure if it will beat the sales of the first Huawei Ascend.

If people take a minute, sit down, and do the math to see that they will save money from switching from their iPhone on Verizon (for example), then I think more will switch. If they just look at the cost of the phone, and don't actually think about it, then they might just stay with their current carrier. There are still people that like those "free" phones.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I think it has the potential to sell more, but I'm not sure if it will beat the sales of the first Huawei Ascend.

If people take a minute, sit down, and do the math to see that they will save money from switching from their iPhone on Verizon (for example), then I think more will switch. If they just look at the cost of the phone, and don't actually think about it, then they might just stay with their current carrier. There are still people that like those "free" phones.
    Agreed that many people don't like the idea of putting down a chunk of change to get a phone when they can get a "FREE" phone from a contract provider (which we all know that they pay for the phone+ with the high monthly costs). This is where that whole "marketing" thing comes into play, simply explain to them how they are getting taken for a ride, how the monthly charge$ have been dropping on average across the board and locking into a higher rate would be a costly mistake, how that FREE phone is anything but...then hit them with the alternative.

The reality is that you can actually get out of many of the contracts with Sprint/AT&T/Verizon scott free pretty often, as often as they change the "terms of usage" contract, you have a legal right to disagree with any said changes and renig on the contract via calling customer service, afterall legally it is them nullifing the contract by changing the terms. These loop holes are generally kept track of at deal site forums such as slickdeals.net, as they are often used as leverage to aquire new free phone upgrades, lower rates, or added features. The informed consumer always benefits over the mis or under informed. =)

Quote Originally Posted by argenius View Post
    It's not a big deal actually. A lot of people I've heard said the only thing their phone needed flash for was the McDonald's website.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

This question is for the real cell phone gurus on here...What is the big difference between the Iphone and the Mercury in your opinion? I ask the question because both of my parents have an Iphone and I was looking at my Dad's the other day saying to myself "this doesn't seem to be much better than the Mercury seems like it will be". Am I off or is that pretty much the truth? Just curious.

P.S. Can't wait to get the Mercury

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by lynntre View Post
    This question is for the real cell phone gurus on here...What is the big difference between the Iphone and the Mercury in your opinion? I ask the question because both of my parents have an Iphone and I was looking at my Dad's the other day saying to myself "this doesn't seem to be much better than the Mercury seems like it will be". Am I off or is that pretty much the truth? Just curious.

P.S. Can't wait to get the Mercury
    Well first off there are a few different versions of the iPhone, and as you would imagine they got better and faster as they went on.

iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The newest iPhone 4S has a dual core 1Ghz processor. I would say the biggest difference is just branding(a dedicated and loyal group of followers of the brand), but of course one can't ignore that the android OS is an open development platform (meaning anyone can use it on their phones and develop applications for it). While Apple has a lot of authorized/approved applications they are all approved by Apple before making it on to the store, it makes for a more restricted development and less over all apps for the phone (and more pay to play apps than Android). Also the only company that manufacturers iPhone is apple, vs an almost unlimited amount of hardware manufacturers of Android based phones, so overall availability is always lower for the iPhone (which can create demand). The performance of the two phones would be simular, the iPhones do seem to have better battery life overall, but the amount of cell carriers which provide service is also more limited (which generally equates to higher bills). The build quality of the iPhone I would hazard a guess will be better overall, Apple does put out quality products (but you pay for that in the high cost of the phone).

The Mercury doesnt even represent the most powerful android based phone available, it is however the most capable android available from Cricket. Also it would holds its own in the realm of the more top tier androids, not going to be top of the heap but not at the bottom. The intriuging part of the Mercury is the bang for the buck. Top tier level performance and options with middle tier pricing.

That is my two cents anyway.

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information