Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

i wish but that won't ever happen. not one carrier has that

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 12.0%

That would be another game changer for cricket.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

With more and more prepaid companies offering unlimited, cricket will follow. I remember when i worked for a company that dealt with their billing/activation/tech they do change up the plans. I look for them to move to unlimited data by summer

I don't see Cricket offering data without a soft cap, even with 4G LTE. I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cap, but I don't see it going away completely.

I would be happy if they increase the cap to 2 GB and increase throttling speeds to something more reasonable. Even if they didn't increase to 2 GB, increasing throttling speeds would help.

It would make more sense to offer unlimited data more then them offering "tethering" for an additional $10 per month! I mean seriously, why would i pay for something I can do for free? (Answer: because they are marketing towards people that dont want to take the time to learn how to do things on yheir own) but with how mobile society is becoming with their phones. I put it at around summer. Cricket changes up their plans almost 1 time per year anyways. Or at least they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    It would make more sense to offer unlimited data more then them offering "tethering" for an additional $10 per month! I mean seriously, why would i pay for something I can do for free? (Answer: because they are marketing towards people that dont want to take the time to learn how to do things on yheir own) but with how mobile society is becoming with their phones. I put it at around summer. Cricket changes up their plans almost 1 time per year anyways. Or at least they used to.
    Cricket never offered tethering before. It worked, and they were nice not to block it, but now they're going to officially offer it. There will still be throttling even with the $10 tethering plan.

Sprint is trying to keep unlimited data, and from what I've read they're upgrading their network so they can handle it. Cricket probably can't afford to spend millions of dollars upgrading their network to handle true unlimited. $55/month for unlimited everything including data without throttling is much cheaper than Sprint's plan. There would be so many people switching to Cricket they probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

First thing we have ti remember is tgat Cricket has no real "Network" it purchases its airtime and all that good stuff from Sprint. So when we speak network (i assume that your speaking of towers and all that jaz) we need ti remember that cricket, "Leap Communications" owns no towers and does not have its own "Network" it simply purchases from the major carriers and then resales to the consumer under their brand. As I stated in a previous post in the forums, no carrier can tell if your "tethering" as the phone acts as a router when tethering. So the network only sees the phone and not what is tethered to it. Anyways I ramble and get off point!!! I printed the line up catalog and am head to the bathroom with my clean towel and vasoline to dream about having the "mercury" in my hands at end of the month

First thing we have ti remember is tgat Cricket has no real "Network" it purchases its airtime and all that good stuff from Sprint. So when we speak network (i assume that your speaking of towers and all that jaz) we need ti remember that cricket, "Leap Communications" owns no towers and does not have its own "Network" it simply purchases from the major carriers and then resales to the consumer under their brand. As I stated in a previous post in the forums, no carrier can tell if your "tethering" as the phone acts as a router when tethering. So the network only sees the phone and not what is tethered to it. Anyways I ramble and get off point!!! I printed the line up catalog and am head to the bathroom with my clean towel and vasoline to dream about having the "mercury" in my hands at end of the month
    Depending on your location, Cricket might run on Sprint's network. But, in many areas, Cricket has their own network.

If you give me your zip code I can check to see if Cricket is running on Sprint's network or not in your area.

In regards to tethering, I'm not sure how they're going to stop someone that already has the application on their phone. It was said they would be redirected to a page with information on how to add tethering on the customer's plan. I have seen that they can block you from downloading certain applications from the Android Market, but that doesn't stop someone from downloading the application elsewhere.

I stand corrected. Its been along time since I got into anything with cricket untill I got my Ascend. I know before Leap's bankruptcy they owned no towers and purchased their "air-time" from other carriers. But just the same. With Sprint offering unlimited data on their prepay it wont be long before cricket offers the same. Its all about the consumers!!!

I stand corrected. Its been along time since I got into anything with cricket untill I got my Ascend. I know before Leap's bankruptcy they owned no towers and purchased their "air-time" from other carriers. But just the same. With Sprint offering unlimited data on their prepay it wont be long before cricket offers the same. Its all about the consumers!!!
    I really don't think we'll see true unlimited data anytime soon, but it certainly would go good with the Huawei Mercury!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Cricket offers unlimited data now. They just control the speed at certain points.

If you want unfettered, uncontrolled, max throughput no matter what, then make sure that's what youre asking for.

No where does Cricket say "Unlimited full speed internet". Dial up internet from the phone companies was pretty much unlimited too remember.

Yes we're talking semantics here, but trust me on this, that's what lawyers do.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

love you sprint!!! cricket is no longer the slowest network. speaking of dialup. . check out some of these speedtest results and complaints about sprint

Sprint Community: Space: Network and Coverage

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Cricket offers unlimited data now. They just control the speed at certain points.

If you want unfettered, uncontrolled, max throughput no matter what, then make sure that's what youre asking for.

No where does Cricket say "Unlimited full speed internet". Dial up internet from the phone companies was pretty much unlimited too remember.

Yes we're talking semantics here, but trust me on this, that's what lawyers do.
    Woof, how would I go about getting unlimited data, would it cost more

@woof, when you're on woof you're on a woof!!! Lol!! But hey when your right your right! I'de still pay more for a larger cap

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    Woof, how would I go about getting unlimited data, would it cost more
    Cricket doesn't offer unlimited without a soft cap. From what I've heard, next year you can increase the soft cap (by paying more of course). If you want true unlimited, you can check out Sprint.

Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information