Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    dont know if the merc will have tether built in. I'll check into it. Fact is thought there are other ways that dont cost 10 bucks.
    can you share that info

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    can you share that info
    psssstt; you might want to look into PDAnet! if I remember right the version you would want (Licensed) is $49 US per phone; unlimited computer licenses, but pays for itself in 5 months

Overall activity: 12.0%

@racerxs -- tethering can be detected by examining the packets but at same time you really have to give them a reason to be monitoring you!! If that person was ranting and raveing that much then she was abusing the bandwidth!!

And now back to a regularly schedualed topic...

So there have been, I assume, people on the forum that have "test driven" our new toy that is schedualed to be released. Any word from the programmers in the forum on work on a custom rom for this bad boy yet?

It seems the cm7 port for the Ascend II staled out as the only thing left on making it a fully functional rom was getting the wifi to work. Since the cm7 port seemed, at least to me, better then the A2tude rom.

In order to shed some light on the actuall release date does anyone know when Leaps fiscal quarter starts? As Im of an opinion that they would release it at the begining of their fiscal quarter so they can boost their numbers.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    @racerxs -- tethering can be detected by examining the packets but at same time you really have to give them a reason to be monitoring you!! If that person was ranting and raveing that much then she was abusing the bandwidth!!

And now back to a regularly schedualed topic...

So there have been, I assume, people on the forum that have "test driven" our new toy that is schedualed to be released. Any word from the programmers in the forum on work on a custom rom for this bad boy yet?

It seems the cm7 port for the Ascend II staled out as the only thing left on making it a fully functional rom was getting the wifi to work. Since the cm7 port seemed, at least to me, better then the A2tude rom.

In order to shed some light on the actuall release date does anyone know when Leaps fiscal quarter starts? As Im of an opinion that they would release it at the begining of their fiscal quarter so they can boost their numbers.
    They would actually rather release it at the end of a quarter to bolster the finish. Their fiscal year runs concurrent with the calendar year. I am sure they are hoping the Mercury on the 19th will make for strong finish to the year.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

@woof. Well it was a thought as at Macys the do really stupid **** around the begining of the fiscal quarter (our fiscal quarters do not run concurent with the calender)

Phone
    Mercury M886

Dec 19th????

Phone
    Ascend 2

Hi All! I am an area manager for 4 franchise stores and have also been anxiously awaiting the Mercury. On a positive note, accessories for the Mercury have just been added to the Cricket Corporate wholesale accessory site (Stuff is way overpriced there) but the fact that the accessories for the Mercury have been added tells me we are that much closer to release and that Dec 15-19 is looking like a good time frame for release. Also stock on other phones is dropping as i recieved my first shipment of Samsung Vitalities without the free speaker meaning they sold over 200,000 of them. I have a meeting with my Corporate rep tommorow and will get all the info i can out of him. Woof, the last few new dummies phones made it on the order list same time phones were on there too so im thinking same will hold true for the Mercury and we will expect to see it on Bpoint for order on tues of next week. I hope to be posting here regularly and will be happy to help anyone with any questions/problems regarding Cricket.

Gman

Thanks gman!

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hello all. I have been reading this thread since late October. No idea why it took me so long to register and post. Anyhow, I have been thinking about buying the Galaxy Nexus or the Mercury. Don't really want to commit to another 2 years of 100 dollar a month payments but dang, I am so frustrated in playing the waiting game and it looks like the Nexus is actually going to be here in the next few days. I really have enjoyed reading all your comments and appreciate all the information and opinions.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Hi All! I am an area manager for 4 franchise stores and have also been anxiously awaiting the Mercury. On a positive note, accessories for the Mercury have just been added to the Cricket Corporate wholesale accessory site (Stuff is way overpriced there) but the fact that the accessories for the Mercury have been added tells me we are that much closer to release and that Dec 15-19 is looking like a good time frame for release. Also stock on other phones is dropping as i recieved my first shipment of Samsung Vitalities without the free speaker meaning they sold over 200,000 of them. I have a meeting with my Corporate rep tommorow and will get all the info i can out of him. Woof, the last few new dummies phones made it on the order list same time phones were on there too so im thinking same will hold true for the Mercury and we will expect to see it on Bpoint for order on tues of next week. I hope to be posting here regularly and will be happy to help anyone with any questions/problems regarding Cricket.

Gman
    Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Hello all. I have been reading this thread since late October. No idea why it took me so long to register and post. Anyhow, I have been thinking about buying the Galaxy Nexus or the Mercury. Don't really want to commit to another 2 years of 100 dollar a month payments but dang, I am so frustrated in playing the waiting game and it looks like the Nexus is actually going to be here in the next few days. I really have enjoyed reading all your comments and appreciate all the information and opinions.

Cheers
    Welcome to Cricket Users!

I definitely wouldn't recommend signing a two year contract and paying $100/month just because it's taking a while for the Mercury to get here. Think of it this way.. The longer it takes for the launch, the more bugs they will have fixed!

@GMAN from one newb to another welcome.

@SOULMECHANIC I agree as previously stated, say no to contracts!!! Those things are the work of satan!!! Lol!! But the worse thing about all these phones coming out this month is the fact that they will be out dated by Feb!! but keep patient as it will all be worth the wait!!

So i do have a question. As look around at phones will the merc. Have 1 or 2 sdcard slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post

So i do have a question. As look around at phones will the merc. Have 1 or 2 sdcard slots?
    I would think one.. I haven't seen a phone with more than one MicroSD, just phones with more than one SIM card.

Phone
    Ascend 2

I just got off a conference call with the area corporate manager and he assured me that the release is in final stages and the Mercury will be released that final week before Christmas. I hope is he is telling me the truth and i expect the phone available for order on Tues Dec 20th with delivery expected on Dec 22nd or 23rd. My guess is that they are trying to dump as many ZTE Scores with this new free port promo as they can before they drop this powerhouse of a phone on us. If you are holding out signing a new 2 yr contract, be patient the release is soooo close and the wait will be more than worth it. I played with the Mercury at an owners meeting 3 months back and fell in love and that was before they started the software tweeks. The Mercury will be the most powerfull Android in the country in the 250-300 price range with NO CONTRACT.

@Raymond Leonard-- The Mercury has one SD Card slot that is expandable up to a 32G chip

@Soulmechanic -- Please wait for the Mercury. 2 yr contracts suck so bad and ur looking at like $2500 to $3000 for 2 yrs service compared to Cricket which will only cost you $1330 for 2 yrs service plus 300 for the Mercury which only puts you at $1630 for everything. wait 2 weeks and save $1500 and get unlimited everything. Just my thoughts.

I just got off a conference call with the area corporate manager and he assured me that the release is in final stages and the Mercury will be released that final week before Christmas. I hope is he is telling me the truth and i expect the phone available for order on Tues Dec 20th with delivery expected on Dec 22nd or 23rd. My guess is that they are trying to dump as many ZTE Scores with this new free port promo as they can before they drop this powerhouse of a phone on us. If you are holding out signing a new 2 yr contract, be patient the release is soooo close and the wait will be more than worth it. I played with the Mercury at an owners meeting 3 months back and fell in love and that was before they started the software tweeks. The Mercury will be the most powerfull Android in the country in the 250-300 price range with NO CONTRACT.

@Raymond Leonard-- The Mercury has one SD Card slot that is expandable up to a 32G chip

@Soulmechanic -- Please wait for the Mercury. 2 yr contracts suck so bad and ur looking at like $2500 to $3000 for 2 yrs service compared to Cricket which will only cost you $1330 for 2 yrs service plus 300 for the Mercury which only puts you at $1630 for everything. wait 2 weeks and save $1500 and get unlimited everything. Just my thoughts.
    Thanks for the update!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Hey Gman your area manager has con calls with dealers? Wow!! I am jealous.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information