Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

LOL, I'm not mad, You mad. Seriously, sounds like you are though. Trust me I dont plan for anything.
    I never implied it was a cure for cancer, even if it was I dont have cancer so eh. You want to be the cool one only because you have a friend that works for Huawei and only give certain details that were given to you, awesome.
    If no one posted anything then there wouldnt be a "why isn't there any news?"

Posts like these are only assumptions and hearsay on a thread that is suppose to be facts of the phone itself, again not rumors of so many people friends whom are cricket employees/owners/vendors whom, we all know, dont know much about the phones till last minute.

Now if you take your meds for your dramatic break down that occurred for a post not directed at you and read what you posted
    the phone 'ALLEGEDLY WILL BE $248.99'. Again an assumption made by a 3rd party person on an Information thread, not speculation thread.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by the258 View Post
    LOL, I'm not mad, You mad. Seriously, sounds like you are though. Trust me I dont plan for anything.
    I never implied it was a cure for cancer, even if it was I dont have cancer so eh. You want to be the cool one only because you have a friend that works for Huawei and only give certain details that were given to you, awesome.
    If no one posted anything then there wouldnt be a "why isn't there any news?"
    Actually it's not the cool kid status I am after. It's the " I wanna keep my position as a Cricket dealer but not sharing confidential information" status that I am after. I signed a non disclosure agreement so I am careful about what I share. Sometimes I have to be nonspecific. Sorry it bothers you. I asked if I could share and was told I could so I did.

Posts like these are only assumptions and hearsay on a thread that is suppose to be facts of the phone itself, again not rumors of so many people friends whom are cricket employees/owners/vendors whom, we all know, dont know much about the phones till last minute.
    Did I miss the part where is said "This thread only contains facts?" The first two lines of the OP are speculation. As far as "so many people friends whom are cricket employees/owners/vendors whom, we all know, dont know much about the phones till last minute", yes that can be true. But some of us have really good connections and sources within the company. I worked for Cricket for over 3 years and it wasn't in the Call center or in a store. I have many friends still in the company at varying levels and I get pretty good information. Facts 90% of the time. If I don't have confidence in the info, I don't post it.

Now if you take your meds for your dramatic break down that occurred for a post not directed at you and read what you posted
    the phone 'ALLEGEDLY WILL BE $248.99'. Again an assumption made by a 3rd party person on an Information thread, not speculation thread.
    I said allegedly because in the time I spent in the comapny, things changed at the last minute sometimes. I think it will be $249.99 but I said allegedly because it does have the possibility to change. So what. Could you point me to where it says "don't speculate and don't post if it's not directed at you"? You know how forums work right? It's pretty much a free for all. Anyone can respond to any post. We allow that. I will discuss with the other mods for sure about creating "no speculation" zones though. Great idea.

If YOU don't like the speculation, ignore the thread. If you don't like people that might have more/better info than you, ignore the thread.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Huawei Mercury..... allegededly will be........... $249.99
    Thank you for the information.

I updated the first post in this thread.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

"Actually it's not the cool kid status I am after. It's the " I wanna keep my position as a Cricket dealer but not sharing confidential information" status that I am after. I signed a non disclosure agreement so I am careful about what I share. Sometimes I have to be nonspecific. Sorry it bothers you. I asked if I could share and was told I could so I did."
    Non specific yet giving hints on a phone you signed you could not talk about. Sounds legit. But you are giving information that a 3rd party person told you that "could" be true. That doesn't seem to interfere that agreement because you are just quoting someone else.

"Did I miss the part where is said "This thread only contains facts?" The first two lines of the OP are speculation. As far as "so many people friends whom are cricket employees/owners/vendors whom, we all know, dont know much about the phones till last minute", yes that can be true. But some of us have really good connections and sources within the company. I worked for Cricket for over 3 years and it wasn't in the Call center or in a store. I have many friends still in the company at varying levels and I get pretty good information. Facts 90% of the time. If I don't have confidence in the info, I don't post it."

Yea, the thread ends in INFORMATION & congrats.

"I said allegedly because in the time I spent in the comapny, things changed at the last minute sometimes. I think it will be $249.99 but I said allegedly because it does have the possibility to change. So what. Could you point me to where it says "don't speculate and don't post if it's not directed at you"? You know how forums work right? It's pretty much a free for all. Anyone can respond to any post. We allow that. I will discuss with the other mods for sure about creating "no speculation" zones though. Great idea.

If YOU don't like the speculation, ignore the thread. If you don't like people that might have more/better info than you, ignore the thread."

Obviously it is going to change, it would be more of a 'possibly starting at and/or subject to change'. Yea i do know how it works but it seems that a random opinion bugged you enough to quote it. Yea, no they beat you to it. Its called the lounge/off topic.

Take your own advice. If you dont like someones opinion on other assumptions/rumored information, ignore it.
    As well you could go to the androidforums and talk to the guy who has a Glory(because he owns a cricket store) whom offered to dump it then later did not know how to dump the files and managed to root it using a samsung root method. Im sure he can give more vital information.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

You really need to learn how to use the quote tool.

Quote Originally Posted by the258 View Post
    "Actually it's not the cool kid status I am after. It's the " I wanna keep my position as a Cricket dealer but not sharing confidential information" status that I am after. I signed a non disclosure agreement so I am careful about what I share. Sometimes I have to be nonspecific. Sorry it bothers you. I asked if I could share and was told I could so I did."
    Non specific yet giving hints on a phone you signed you could not talk about. Sounds legit. But you are giving information that a 3rd party person told you that "could" be true. That doesn't seem to interfere that agreement because you are just quoting someone else.
    Someone from Cricket gave me the information. My NDA is for information I get from Cricket. Good thing youre not a lawyer.

"Did I miss the part where is said "This thread only contains facts?" The first two lines of the OP are speculation. As far as "so many people friends whom are cricket employees/owners/vendors whom, we all know, dont know much about the phones till last minute", yes that can be true. But some of us have really good connections and sources within the company. I worked for Cricket for over 3 years and it wasn't in the Call center or in a store. I have many friends still in the company at varying levels and I get pretty good information. Facts 90% of the time. If I don't have confidence in the info, I don't post it."

Yea, the thread ends in INFORMATION & congrats.
    Information is what's in the thread. It doesn't say factual, verified, proven or anything of the sort. Speculation is still information.

"I said allegedly because in the time I spent in the comapny, things changed at the last minute sometimes. I think it will be $249.99 but I said allegedly because it does have the possibility to change. So what. Could you point me to where it says "don't speculate and don't post if it's not directed at you"? You know how forums work right? It's pretty much a free for all. Anyone can respond to any post. We allow that. I will discuss with the other mods for sure about creating "no speculation" zones though. Great idea.

If YOU don't like the speculation, ignore the thread. If you don't like people that might have more/better info than you, ignore the thread."

Obviously it is going to change, it would be more of a 'possibly starting at and/or subject to change'. Yea i do know how it works but it seems that a random opinion bugged you enough to quote it. Yea, no they beat you to it. Its called the lounge/off topic.
    Ya sport, this thread is hardly Off Topic.

As well you could go to the androidforums and talk to the guy who has a Glory(because he owns a cricket store) whom offered to dump it then later did not know how to dump the files and managed to root it using a samsung root method. Im sure he can give more vital information.

Post a link. The fact that some guys owns a Cricket store would have zero to do with him having a glory. No one who owns a Cricket store has access to phones that haven't been released yet, at least not through Cricket. IF this person has one, it didn't come through Cricket and being a dealer has nothing whatsoever to with it. Dealers don't get to test phones for Cricket, only corproate employees do and currently the field staff isn't involved in the testing of this model, only the upper management. So lets see some proof.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Nevermind, I found the thread.

Anyone working on rooting this device? - Android Forums

As old as it is with no real proof whatsoever posted, I am going to say ranshe is full of the brown stuff from the back of the cow. And nowhere does he say he owns a cricket store.

Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

You both can finish this up over PM.

If anyone has any information regarding the release date or price of the Huawei Mercury, feel free to post it.

I really don't mind speculation since most of this is speculation anyway because Cricket Wireless hasn't released any information officially.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Cool

Alright boys take it to the sandbox; and let us just wait for viable info!!!

$250 sounds great ....I'll not hold my breath!
    I've been waiting for 4 months I suppose another won't matter (missed grabbing a Droid X, with lots of goodies,on Craigs List for $100 by 15 minutes...I tried to jump all over that one)

>>>>

....On an aside

I tossed a few $$$ to help support this forum...the info is worth it!!!

I run my own Site and Forum... I'm SuperAdmin @2 other sites (other than my own) vBulletin Boards and know the time involved and expenses that it takes to feed the servers and keep it alive!!!

What about the rest of you? Give what you can; if you can
    Last edited by Sport; 11-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Alright boys take it to the sandbox; and let us just wait for viable info!!!

$250 sounds great ....I'll not hold my breath!
    I've been waiting for 4 months I suppose another won't matter (missed grabbing a Droid X, with lots of goodies,on Craigs List for $100 by 15 minutes...I tried to jump all over that one)

>>>>

....On an aside

I run my own Site and Forum... I'm SuperAdmin @2 other sites (other than my own) vBulletin Boards and know the time involved and expenses that it takes to feed the servers and keep it alive!!!

I think the price will come in pretty close to 250. Just a hunch.

Thanks for the donation. It is much appreciated.

>>>>

....On an aside

Like Woof said, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Like Woof said, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    The knowledge I've gained here is well worth the price of admission. Like I said; I know what it takes to run a vBulliten Forum and it is a thankless job with many hours of hard work maintaining it and untold weeks of tweaking it to get the setup "Just Right"

The knowledge I've gained here is well worth the price of admission. Like I said; I know what it takes to run a vBulliten Forum and it is a thankless job with many hours of hard work maintaining it and untold weeks of tweaking it to get the setup "Just Right"
    You're right about that!

Phone
    Mercury M886

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic...Still waiting for news about Hauwei's super machine but scouring Craigslist for Dincs and Droids as alternatives

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic...Still waiting for news about Hauwei's super machine but scouring Craigslist for Dincs and Droids as alternatives
    It's fine.

We know the phone is coming to Cricket, so I don't really see the need to look for "alternatives", unless you're not sure if you're going to like the Mercury.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Just saw this in the activation system under the handset list.

Huawei Mercury M886

It's getting close!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Just saw this in the activation system under the handset list.

Huawei Mercury M886

It's getting close!!
    That's great!

Do you think it will be here by Black Friday? I think you said in another post it might not be here until next month.

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information