Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

True, cricket, have way too stores in all states
    and all will selling 5

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 12.0%

If thats true all the employees will get them.. :-\

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 4.0%

I hear rumors that the glory will be $299.99, which I really find hard to believe beings the indulge is $309 right now. And by the looks of things the glory is/should be like 3 times better. Trust me I want this phone more then anything and when it hits the stores I will have it ASAP thats no joke. I actually put the cricket team at my corp HQ on to this phone, They had no idea as well. Not to mention, the glory should be a little cheaper if you trade your prior android in which I intend on doing. Again I cant wait, I havent been on this forum for a min, because I kinda lost hope. However after reading the 1 post about the store getting cases and screen protecters in, I've regained my spirits. LOl

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    The Honor is a different phone.

Here is the description of the mercury form our suppliers webpage. I highlighted for emphasis.
    woof, what does vga stand for in the front facing camera?

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Just received my shipping confirmation. They are on their way!!!!
    awesome ha, i get mine tomorrow too, its been a long wait and all going to pay off
    My bet is nobody will even post anything tomorrow because i know i'll be all into my new phone, figuring it all out and dialing it in to my standards lol

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ciabatoni View Post
    I hear rumors that the glory will be $299.99, which I really find hard to believe beings the indulge is $309 right now. And by the looks of things the glory is/should be like 3 times better. Trust me I want this phone more then anything and when it hits the stores I will have it ASAP thats no joke. I actually put the cricket team at my corp HQ on to this phone, They had no idea as well. Not to mention, the glory should be a little cheaper if you trade your prior android in which I intend on doing. Again I cant wait, I havent been on this forum for a min, because I kinda lost hope. However after reading the 1 post about the store getting cases and screen protecters in, I've regained my spirits. LOl
    its only 249$ and its called the mercury now and if u check around tomorrow u might be able to pick one up if ur lucky
    Last edited by davidolas; 12-16-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    woof, what does vga stand for in the front facing camera?

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

awesome ha, i get mine tomorrow too, its been a long wait and all going to pay off
    My bet is nobody will even post anything tomorrow because i know i'll be all into my new phone, figuring it all out and dialing it in to my standards lol

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

its only 249$ and its called the mercury now and if u check around tomorrow u might be able to pick one up if ur lucky
    vga = .3 megapixel
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

The whole VGA front facing camera vs. the 2 Megapixel camera debate is getting tiring. It is simply 2 ways of saying the same thing. Cricket has opted to call it a "VGA camera" because they feel it will eliminate confusion for consumers who will think that a 2MP camera should capture a higher resolution than 640 X 480, which this camera does not, as its intended use is for "live video chatting" phone to phone. The reason Huawei refers to the camera as a 2MP is explained below.

VGA is 640 x 480 pixels - the first color standard display from IBM
    As this article explains
    Pixel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the raw resolution is only 0.3 megapixels, but that does not allow for the color bits, which are discussed further down.
    So a VGA camera that had 8 color bits per pixel (256 colors) would have 0.3 * 8 0 or 2.4 megapixels and probably be called a 2 megapixel camera.
    a 2.00 megapixel camera would either have to have lower resolution - like 512 x 384 or fewer color bits.

So can we put this topic to bed already?!?
    As far as the phone goes, it is very likely the same phone as the Honor with a different communications chipset. It is unlikely that Huawei would design an entire phone just for Cricket, especially when limiting a resolution on a camera (if they were doing that, which they aren't as explained above) could be done very simply with software controls of resolutions.

Bottom line is, lets not quibble about the little this and thats about the phone. It is shaping up to be a really nice handset and the early reviews are certainly backing that fact up. The price is great for what you are getting. Lets all just be happy that we should all have our grubby little mitts all over one soon! God knows its been long enough already! WOOT WOOT CRICKET FOR GETTING US A DECENT HANDSET!!! Matter of fact I think I will head over to their facebook page and thank them after I get mine!

On that note I will say "Sleep: What happens when you lose interest." Goodnight all and happy tomorrows! =)

Last edited by racerxs; 12-16-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I am for sure going to give David's buddy a call at his store tomorrow and see if I can have him hold one for me even though I highly doubt that will happen. My Cricket dealer in Poway told me today that they won't have them until the 20th and that I couldn't get them to hold one for me even if I paid for it in full in advance. What a bummer.

Dealers, how are the cases for the Mercury? Is there a good selection of cases and in many colors? Can you please recommend one or two that you like the best and possibly give us a link? That would be really cool of you guys. I personally intend to put a cover on mine the minute I buy it. Even if I have to get a crappy one due to the fact they do not have a decent supply of them in yet. Then I would just order a sweet one from the computer.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    I am for sure going to give David's buddy a call at his store tomorrow and see if I can have him hold one for me even though I highly doubt that will happen. My Cricket dealer in Poway told me today that they won't have them until the 20th and that I couldn't get them to hold one for me even if I paid for it in full in advance. What a bummer.

Dealers, how are the cases for the Mercury? Is there a good selection of cases and in many colors? Can you please recommend one or two that you like the best and possibly give us a link? That would be really cool of you guys. I personally intend to put a cover on mine the minute I buy it. Even if I have to get a crappy one due to the fact they do not have a decent supply of them in yet. Then I would just order a sweet one from the computer.
    There's a really good chance he might still have one for you,the shipment will come around one give or take, i have one secured but just give him a call Omar's connection. there's more than one store so make sure u call the vista sycamore store

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I already looked up the number and the address. If I can get conformation that he will hold one then I will get my butt down there asap.
    Last edited by SoulMechanic; 12-16-2011 at 06:46 AM.

I wonder if this is the way the iphone users were feeling, waiting for their phone to come out...

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I don't know if anyone has seen this review, I have not seen it posted so I will post it now... This is on the Hauwei Mercury of course...
    Huawei Honor Review | Ubergizmo

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post

Even if you prepaid for it? What a moron. Preselling it is still selling it.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Breaking news huawei mercury as just realized in Louisville Kentucky corporate store downtown say they now have it for $250

Quote Originally Posted by mraby291 View Post
    Breaking news huawei mercury as just realized in Louisville Kentucky corporate store downtown say they now have it for $250
    Hurry! Maybe you'll be the first to get a review up!

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Got it! They said they can't activate til Monday though.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

mraby, dowtown Louisville?! I just saw you there! :-)

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Btw, that technically isn't a corporate store.

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information