Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1082
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by eddy82 View Post
    Finally Got It!!! I love it. So, how do I upgrade to Ice cream Sandwitch?
    I hope you're kidding...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice-cream-cone.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	1252+ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sand_witch.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	1251

Does not = a flavor of Android

Anyways hope a dev makes a port of it when it becomes released to more phones and/or hope that they upgrade it in the future. Hardly anything has ICS. Cool it there.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I thought the ICS upgrade was already released

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

lol.

I already tried the ICS update from the Honor, no luck. hopefully a dev can make it work but first ROOT.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I thought the ICS upgrade was already released
    Sorry to burst your bubble. The phone was released yesterday.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble. The phone was released yesterday.
    Dude, I am at work right now and cannot grab the link at the moment but the ICS update is already here bro. Huawei got done with the beta testing of ICS like 2 weeks ago. Here is a link that mentions it. But I do know for fact that there is a link to an ICS download on the Huawei website.

Cricket launches Huawei Mercury Android smartphone

PS. Davidolas my brother, your case looks absolutely sick man! What corporate store did you get the case and holder from? My local corporate store in Poway does not even have the phone yet let alone cases and screen protectors. David, you gonna DL the ICS via the Huawei site anytime soon? Hit me up when you are less busy with work.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Finally Got It!!! I love it. So, how do I upgrade to Ice cream Sandwitch?
    there is a beta version availablebut supposadli wifi don't work, its on a huawei page ready for download

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The Huawei Honor and Mercury are still different devices. Like the RAZR GSM and RAZR CDMA... The upgrades shouldn't be identical.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    The Huawei Honor and Mercury are still different devices. Like the RAZR GSM and RAZR CDMA... The upgrades shouldn't be identical.
    Additionally, the OS push will come from Cricket...not from Huawei. So if you are looking for the official update, it's not out yet. Cricket will have to do their Crickety things to the build and then offer it. As for rooting and updating it...I'm sure there's an ICS out there. I'm content as I can be at the moment though.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

And is it just me...or is this phone lacking the DLNA that was mentioned previously? I've not been able to get that to work. Then again...I've not exactly been devoted to it. Just kinda geekin.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by jelous87 View Post
    My question is to the excuse of that the Cricket Corp stores don't answer their phones. Have you EVER seen or been to any other wireless carriers corp store and them NOT answer their phones (and not just their personal ones)? I can call any other wireless carrier store and they will answer their phones. It's bad customer service no matter what the excuse is!!
    No. I completely agree with Jelous87 here! There are a lot a business models with a lot finer profit margin that manage having GREAT customer service. The bottom line is Cricket has obviously made a corporate decision that customer service is not a priority for them. I am also aware the numbers for the corporate stores forward to a corporate call center, but it also allows you an option to connect with a local sales rep at the store you called, which I selected and they didn't answer. Many carriers have similar policies as to the phone numbers forwarding to centralized answering service, however that stated, you can usually get "some human" on the phone, with Cricket that was not possible. Poor customer service is just that, no excuses can be made for it. Bad management, poor foresight, poor resource management these are the only TRUE reasons for poor customer service and when it becomes corporate policy to have it, the private dealers are soon to follow as it is a case of monkey see monkey do (the smart ones recognize the error and its implications and don't fall into the same trap). Bottom line is it will cost Cricket money and their reputation in the long run, and as the market pressure sees more competition dropping into their pricing /plan structure you will begin to see customers jumping ship like rats from the Titanic. At that point Cricket will have to learn a hard lesson that it is far easier to build and maintain a good reputation in the business world than it is to salvage a bad one.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Dude, I am at work right now and cannot grab the link at the moment but the ICS update is already here bro. Huawei got done with the beta testing of ICS like 2 weeks ago. Here is a link that mentions it. But I do know for fact that there is a link to an ICS download on the Huawei website.

PS. Davidolas my brother, your case looks absolutely sick man! What corporate store did you get the case and holder from? My local corporate store in Poway does not even have the phone yet let alone cases and screen protectors. David, you gonna DL the ICS via the Huawei site anytime soon? Hit me up when you are less busy with work.
    Colin I got it at the one by the Carlsbad mall, The only corporate store in north county I know about, I'm getting the card ready now for you bro, it should get there in a day or two, i hope i have stamps lol , ok its sent and on its way

Phone
    Mercury M886

Racer....Woof is going to jump all over you!!!!!!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend RC1

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post

That link has been taken down

Overall activity: 4.0%

Rooting

Hey, Ive rooted all my other droids and many of my friends, Now that I have the mercury Im wondering if the root apps will work, I mean after all it is 2.3.5 Gingerbread. And also I seen Links for the Ice cream download. There in chinese but can be translated thru google. So back to the root all the root apps Ive seen say root for 2.3.5 galaxy or Pad etc. It should still work for the mercury CORRECT???

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Racer....Woof is going to jump all over you!!!!!!
    Har har....holding my sides.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ciabatoni View Post
    Hey, Ive rooted all my other droids and many of my friends, Now that I have the mercury Im wondering if the root apps will work, I mean after all it is 2.3.5 Gingerbread. And also I seen Links for the Ice cream download. There in chinese but can be translated thru google. So back to the root all the root apps Ive seen say root for 2.3.5 galaxy or Pad etc. It should still work for the mercury CORRECT???
    There's a thread on rooting the Mercury. Please post there on this subject.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    No. I completely agree with Jelous87 here! There are a lot a business models with a lot finer profit margin that manage having GREAT customer service. The bottom line is Cricket has obviously made a corporate decision that customer service is not a priority for them. I am also aware the numbers for the corporate stores forward to a corporate call center, but it also allows you an option to connect with a local sales rep at the store you called, which I selected and they didn't answer. Many carriers have similar policies as to the phone numbers forwarding to centralized answering service, however that stated, you can usually get "some human" on the phone, with Cricket that was not possible. Poor customer service is just that, no excuses can be made for it. Bad management, poor foresight, poor resource management these are the only TRUE reasons for poor customer service and when it becomes corporate policy to have it, the private dealers are soon to follow as it is a case of monkey see monkey do (the smart ones recognize the error and its implications and don't fall into the same trap). Bottom line is it will cost Cricket money and their reputation in the long run, and as the market pressure sees more competition dropping into their pricing /plan structure you will begin to see customers jumping ship like rats from the Titanic. At that point Cricket will have to learn a hard lesson that it is far easier to build and maintain a good reputation in the business world than it is to salvage a bad one.
    While I agree in principal with many of your points, the fact remains that when your highest rate plan is $65 a month and less than 200k of 6 million customers are on that plan, there isn't a lot of extra money for high end customer service like a domestic call center. Verizon has what most would agree is the best CS in wireless. They also have the some of the highest rates. Believe it or not there is a correlation.
    When I call Dealer Support it goes to the same call center as customers, the same reps, just reading from a different script and 9 times out of 10 I have no issues. I honestly think most folks cant handle an accent and they just wont try. The other issue many customers have with Cricket CS is that they dont get what they want and if it's anything like the customers in the stores it's because they want freebies, discounts and stuff that they aren't entitled to. No one is going to praise customer service agents that say no.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Har har....holding my sides.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

There's a thread on rooting the Mercury. Please post there on this subject.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

While I agree in principal with many of your points, the fact remains that when your highest rate plan is $65 a month and less than 200k of 6 million customers are on that plan, there isn't a lot of extra money for high end customer service like a domestic call center. Verizon has what most would agree is the best CS in wireless. They also have the some of the highest rates. Believe it or not there is a correlation.
    When I call Dealer Support it goes to the same call center as customers, the same reps, just reading from a different script and 9 times out of 10 I have no issues. I honestly think most folks cant handle an accent and they just wont try. The other issue many customers have with Cricket CS is that they dont get what they want and if it's anything like the customers in the stores it's because they want freebies, discounts and stuff that they aren't entitled to. No one is going to praise customer service agents that say no.

I can understand and agree here although my complaint isn't bc I wanted something free, heck I've never needed anything or had a complaint about service etc... Besides me one of the so called tech guy with my Zio problem and with a slider Samsung that the guy said i will send it back for under warranty and only took the phone and nothing else and sent it back and then i'm denied warranty, bc everyone knows that when you send something back to the company for cell phones you send them everything including the booklets.... But when you need a question answered like how many mins do I use on average etc, it then becomes to where you never call or go into a store...

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

oh just saying....

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Back to the Mercury and Ice Cream Sandwich not ice cream sand witches lol... My dealer guy did say that the 4.0 was available for the Mercury. Maybe Hauwei website is updating for the CDMA version.. who knows...

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Looks like from what I have read 4.0 has been pulled by Google bc of some same issues the iPhone 4s is having like battery drain etc...

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information