Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Angry Crickets Bad Decision on Data 1gb on android 2.5 on I crap. phone

Ok here is the start of my Big ISSUE.

i HAVE BEEN A CRICKET CUSTOMER SINCE THEY FIRST COME TO THIS AREA. BACK WHEN THEY HAD TERRIBLE COVERAGE USELESS PHONES.

Does anyone else feel that cricket is being very unfair to not up our data limits if they are going to offer more to those who buy the I phone. This really makes me angry .

I want to hear if anyone has anything to add to or about this as well as is there a EMAIL Address to Cricket. If i call and they just tell me its how it is . I WILL CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.
    very bad wrong move cricket.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

So far because of this iPhones are having data problem and at the moment DO NOT have data caps. So icrap users can currently use all the data they damn well please.

Sent from my M886

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

<-- will call them tomorrow if my data does not go up with a apology along with it i will turn my sprint account back on 79.00 totally unlimited EVERYTHING. YOU PAY 55 THEN 10 FOR TETHERING 5 for this 10 for that.. Cricket is not thinking

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    So far because of this iPhones are having data problem and at the moment DO NOT have data caps. So icrap users can currently use all the data they damn well please.

Sent from my M886
    So true.... Until things get fixed in the next few weeks. And we are not selling that many to be of any consequence to the network....

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    <-- will call them tomorrow if my data does not go up with a apology along with it i will turn my sprint account back on 79.00 totally unlimited EVERYTHING. YOU PAY 55 THEN 10 FOR TETHERING 5 for this 10 for that.. Cricket is not thinking
    You can, but it will do you no good. What I will tell you that they won't, is there are changes in the next few weeks to bring Android and Blackberry devices in line with the 2.5 GB soft cap for ALL smartphones on the Cricket network. And, you will have the ability to add additional data to your account, either on a regular recurring bases and/or on a pay per use basis.

Keep an eye on Mycricket.com. When the new plans show up there, you will need to call customer service or visit a local dealer to have your planned changed to one with a higher data limit.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Recognized Dev |ŁŤĝıť.|

Patience is key, Give it a month or two and Androids will have the 2.3 cap
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Heaven forbid anyone should be patient. It is SO much easier and more fun to just start complaining. I love reading posts from all these whiny folks.

Not to mention I doubt cricket as a corporation will care if customers leave. They are a contractless prepaid wireless carrier and your service is as is. I've had no issues ever with the soft cap. I stream Pandora and YouTube every day. Keep my data enabled all day, and Facebook and instagram at work and I never feel like I'm throttled or anything all month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Yes I say it unfair to call your service unlimited and than have a cap that keeps getting smaller. They should only block the top 5 percent like AT@T did. Some of the trouble is that the new hitech phones have out grown there plans. I sure when they put the plans in place they were not planning on streaming video and music or tethering.

At least there is always wifi.
    Last edited by captainkirks; 07-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    Yes I say it unfair to call your service unlimited and than have a cap that keeps getting smaller. They only block the top 5 percent like AT@T did. Some of the trouble is that the new hitech phones have out grown there plans. I sure when they put the plans in place they were not planning on streaming video and music or tethering.

At least there is always wifi.
    Well said Captain!!
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I wish I could turn the Sprint Connections Manager on the S3 (on Cricket) into an APK. I wonder if anyone closely replicates it. You can have the Wifi set to off, but periodically it scans for saved networks. When I go home, I just let it switch me over.

The Sprint Connections Optimizer will help you get the most out of your data experience. Rather than having to remember to turn off/on network settings, the Sprint Connections Optimizer will automatically do this for you and connect to the network with the best coverage and connection speeds.

What does it do?
    - Wi-Fi and 4G radios on your device will be automatically turned on at pre-specified locations and times of day
    - Your device will then scan to identify available Wi-Fi networks and automatically connect to those youíve previously specified
    - In a small number of locations, the feature may automatically connect to the 4G network for faster connection speed

What are the benefits?
    - Preservation of battery life as your device will use less power during data sessions when connected to Wi-Fi
    - Improved in-building coverage with faster data connection speeds
    - Reduced mobile data usage charges for phones, laptops, and tablets if you don't have an unlimited data plan
    - Ability to use the same Wi-Fi capable phone when traveling internationally allowing you to connect for data applications at the airport, hotel or satellite office.
    - Simultaneous voice and data sessions, allowing you to talk and surf the web at the same time when connected to a Wi-Fi network. (may not be available on all devices)
    - Selects the best network so you donít have to think about what to do if you canít get a connection or have slow speeds.

How do I get it?
    - On select new devices, the feature will be pre-loaded. Following device activation, your device will display the Sprint Connections Optimizer service description, and prompt you
    to accept it.
    - For select existing devices, feature will be included in a software update. Following installation of the software update, your device will display the Sprint Connections Optimizer
    service description and prompt you to accept it.

How do I use it?
    - Set up your preferred Wi-Fi connections in Settings > Wireless & Network. This will make the connection to these networks automatic when in range. These are considered
    'remembered' networks.
    - Refrain from manually toggling the radios on or off. Manually turning the radios off will temporarily disable the Sprint Connections Optimizer.
    - To disable the feature, select Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections and uncheck Sprint automatic connections

FAQs
    - Q: Is there an additional charge for Sprint Connections Optimizer?
    A: No, Sprint does not charge a fee for enabling or using this feature.

- Q: Is Sprint Connections Optimizer a secure feature?
    A: Yes, customer specific information is not used by the feature and the Sprint Connections Optimizer will not automatically connect you to open Wi-Fi networks. Open Wi-Fi
    networks must be manually setup as a remembered network in the Wireless & Networks section of Settings in order to establish automatic connection.

- Q: Is this an application found in the application tray?
    A: No. Sprint Connections Optimizer is an enhanced connection management feature under the system settings of the device. It will appear within the Applications section of Settings.

- Q: How will my device find the same Wi-Fi networks every time?
    A: Customers should setup their preferred Wi-Fi connections in the Wireless & Networks section within Settings. When the Wi-Fi radio is on and the device is in range of a
    remembered Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi connection occurs automatically. There are no limits to the number of access points that can be remembered.

- Q: Is Wi-Fi secure?
    A: Yes, when using a secure, password protected Wi-Fi network. There is no data security when using an open, unsecured Wi-Fi network unless you are running VPN software,
    which encrypts the data.

- Q: Will Sprint connect me automatically to an unsecured Wi-Fi network?
    A: No. Sprint Connections Optimizer will not automatically connect you to open Wi-Fi networks. Open Wi-Fi networks must be manually setup as a remembered network
    in the Wireless & Networks section of Settings in order to establish automatic connection.

- Q: Will Sprint connect me automatically to a Wi-Fi network that charges for use?
    A: No. Sprint Connections Optimizer will not automatically connect customers to paid Wi-Fi networks. Customers using paid Wi-Fi networks must accept the third party
    charges each time they connect.

- Q: How do I forget a remembered Wi-Fi network?
    A: Customers can choose to forget a remembered Wi-Fi network by the following: Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings. Tap the remembered Wi-Fi network and
    choose Forget

- Q: What is the difference between a Wi-Fi network and Sprint Mobile Hotspot?
    A: Wi-Fi is a wireless technology that allows connection to the Internet when in range of an access point. Sprint Mobile Hotspot is an attachable option for wireless phones,
    essentially turning them into an access point to connect other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.

- Q: Can the Sprint Connections Optimizer be deleted?
    A: The feature cannot be deleted from the device like applications, however, it can be disabled by selecting Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections
    and unchecking Sprint automatic connections .

- Q: How much device memory is used for Sprint Connections Optimizer?
    A: Customerís accessible memory is not used. The Sprint Connections Optimizer feature is stored in the system partition.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok here is the start of my Big ISSUE.

i HAVE BEEN A CRICKET CUSTOMER SINCE THEY FIRST COME TO THIS AREA. BACK WHEN THEY HAD TERRIBLE COVERAGE USELESS PHONES.

Does anyone else feel that cricket is being very unfair to not up our data limits if they are going to offer more to those who buy the I phone. This really makes me angry .

I want to hear if anyone has anything to add to or about this as well as is there a EMAIL Address to Cricket. If i call and they just tell me its how it is . I WILL CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.
    very bad wrong move cricket.
    Waaaaaaaaaah!
    you want an apology? You should apologize for being dumb. Go back to sprint and quit your whining.

The Android plans will be updated in august and they will include a 2.5gb throttle point. As short6in indicated, you will need to change your plan. Cricket will not do it automatically. The price will not change.

If you can't handle that Erica, just say the word and I'll cancel your account for you. It will only take a second. Just pm me your info and boom you are free of crickets unfair policies.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Alright bud calm down. I understand your frustrations as a dealer. I know you deal with this everyday.

Erica... and apology is pretty far fetched so we could have probably just left that part out. It reminds me of all the people going on Cricket's Facebook saying "have fun with my lawyers".

I've needed a lawyer a couple of times in the past year, but I cannot afford one if my Mom doesn't pay for it. Last time I checked they won't lift a finger for less than 5 grand or so (a decent one).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Sorry, but really. If you dont like what a company offers, switch.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Sorry, but really. If you dont like what a company offers, switch.
    I tend to agree with Woof here. There are other options no matter where you live....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information