Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks Chris....woof you need to grow up and stop with the personal attack. Its OK to state your opinion on a situation but you guys calling names. Way to go. Real adult behavior. I hold to my opinion cricket is wrong and as stated by a few sounds like they are fixing the problem.
    thanks for the great respectful comments.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I wish I could turn the Sprint Connections Manager on the S3 (on Cricket) into an APK. I wonder if anyone closely replicates it. You can have the Wifi set to off, but periodically it scans for saved networks. When I go home, I just let it switch me over.
    i've been having ok luck with wefi pro for cricket, wish cricket would get off their butt and make calls rout-able over wifi

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cket.pro&hl=en

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

yes i agree, i don't like the fact that the icrap users were given more data right off the bat

BUT

it has been mentioned in many threads that Cricket IS fixing their rate plans and would even the data caps for all smartphones

as stated before, when Cricket created their data plans, there was a lot of things that they did not foresee, and from what i have seen over the past few years, they always TRY to adjust accordingly. these adjustments take time which means customers must be patient, whining accomplishes nothing.

NOW my question is: does the data cap REALLY affect you? and if it does, then in my honest opinion you are not utilizing the available networks around you. Personally i am on wifi 95% of my day, there are so many free/open wifi sources out there that there should be no need to rely on Crickets network in the first place

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    Thanks Chris....woof you need to grow up and stop with the personal attack. Its OK to state your opinion on a situation but you guys calling names. Way to go. Real adult behavior. I hold to my opinion cricket is wrong and as stated by a few sounds like they are fixing the problem.
    Thank you for not responding with one of those I'm leaving the forum, you all suck responses. I do value the members we have on here that frequent the site. That includes you. I recognize your screen name, and you are not just another face in the crowd.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 3.0%

I have got to say that I do like the way Cricket does their business. In my view, I have never met an unkind employee who has refused to assist me. I do not think that it is a bit unfair that iPhone 4s users get more data then me because I do not even use 1 GB of data a month. But, I guess it would be fair if Cricket did up the max on how much data is offered. I ship off this Monday to Georgia, and when I get back, I'm going straight to Sprint. Cricket was a good experience and like I said, I really like it.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ship off? You going to Benning or something?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Yes. Cavalry Scout 19Delta. 16 weeks and 3 days.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The only people on the battlefield authorized to retreat! I'm kidding. I've known a lot of calv scouts and with the combined arms units, you're all in the same BN.

You National Guard somewhere?

Be smart down there and get an S3 when you come back.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I am sorry erica if my comments offended you. I am assure you I am grown up and it was not a personal attack. And not to split hairs, but telling me to grow up is the same thing. I commented on your comments. It could be said that posting a thread with a threat to leave if you don't get your way is not exactly adult behavior either, if we are going to be honest.

Cricket gave the iphones 2.5gb so that people who switched would have a similar experience. It was not an attack on existing customers. In fact the 2.5gb android plan is rolling out very soon.

Cricket does not care if you leave or are unhappy with their service. No emails, nor posts in this forum will change that. They have designed their system to be easy and painless to quit and encourage you to do so. If you are not happy, act.

I am sorry if I come off harsh but I get beat up daily by people who say things like

"cricket sucks" as they pay their bill
    "why do you guys keep shutting my phone off?" as they pay their bill late to turn it back on
    "your prices are too high"
    "your phones suck" but they have one and are not willing to get a flashed phone.

Cricket customers are big complainers and when it's so easy to make a change, it is really a case of them just complaining to complain. Shut up and act. I regularly tell people "I can disconnect that for you right now if you want". Oddly, no one takes me up on it.

Again I am sorry for the dumb comment. I don't want to fight with you. You may have the last word.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I agree with wolf here. People don't really get the fact that your not guaranteed anything because you haven't signed any contracts. Yea you get soft capped but no overages on your bill. Big deal. Soft caps are there so everyone can enjoy data equally. And as far as phones getting shut off and this and that, I've yet to have this issue. Even 2 days late I'll still have service. But usually my bill stays payed and I couldn't be happier with my service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    The only people on the battlefield authorized to retreat! I'm kidding. I've known a lot of calv scouts and with the combined arms units, you're all in the same BN.

You National Guard somewhere?

Be smart down there and get an S3 when you come back.
    I am stationed at Gowen Field, Bravo Company RSP. I am looking forward to training and honestly cannot wait. As for Sprint, I am thinking about an S3, but I heard a rumor that the next Nexus phone comes out in November, when I get back. If this is true, then I am buying that.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Banned

Woof I totally agree with the issues of people complaining about there phone being cut off and so on . To actually think about it cricket was originally started to get the customers who DO not pay there bills on time. Most well many of cricket customers can get a account thru a 1s tear provider.Ad far as Cricket in general there plans and way of doing business has been fine.Until now just like the dealers are getting the short end so are the LONG Running Customers. I started with them at there beginning with phone for my son. Then relalized the service was good SO i switched . I had totally unlimited service. Then i had unlimited with a 5 gb cap. THen they sneek in the 1 gb cap. without god fathering in there Reliable steady customers. Then they come up and offer new customers more then twice the data. THIS IS what MAKES ME UPSET. Cricket has a good thing going. But other carriers are nearing there prices quickly.Until enough customers stand up for and complain they will not know.If they did a contract and offered me a slighty better price or more data I would sign. My Phone has never been out of service Bill never late. Loyalty goes both ways. I also agree with scott the store manager here the few times i have had to go in there goes out of his way to take good care of me. From the time they look up my account. even customer service call (WHEN I FINALLY GET THRU) They gave me a brand new phone for totally free two months ago for my son WITHOUT Asking. i called to tell them it was lost they said sorry about that . we will send a new one free of charge. By the way. I only use about 250 to 300 mb on average a month.. Giggles. PRINCIPALS .

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Looking forward to the cap increase... :beer:

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Woof I totally agree with the issues of people complaining about there phone being cut off and so on . To actually think about it cricket was originally started to get the customers who DO not pay there bills on time. Most well many of cricket customers can get a account thru a 1s tear provider.Ad far as Cricket in general there plans and way of doing business has been fine.Until now just like the dealers are getting the short end so are the LONG Running Customers. I started with them at there beginning with phone for my son. Then relalized the service was good SO i switched . I had totally unlimited service. Then i had unlimited with a 5 gb cap. THen they sneek in the 1 gb cap. without god fathering in there Reliable steady customers. Then they come up and offer new customers more then twice the data. THIS IS what MAKES ME UPSET. Cricket has a good thing going. But other carriers are nearing there prices quickly.Until enough customers stand up for and complain they will not know.If they did a contract and offered me a slighty better price or more data I would sign. My Phone has never been out of service Bill never late. Loyalty goes both ways. I also agree with scott the store manager here the few times i have had to go in there goes out of his way to take good care of me. From the time they look up my account. even customer service call (WHEN I FINALLY GET THRU) They gave me a brand new phone for totally free two months ago for my son WITHOUT Asking. i called to tell them it was lost they said sorry about that . we will send a new one free of charge. By the way. I only use about 250 to 300 mb on average a month.. Giggles. PRINCIPALS .
    Paragraphs..

There was never 5gb cap for smartphones. That was for modems. It's always been 1gb, it just wasn't enforced so much in the beginning because there weren't that many.

Cricket does not give a rats ass if you have been with them for 10 years or ten minutes. It means nothing to them. You and everyone else would be best served to get over the fact that longevity with a large company means anything in today's world. It doesn't!!. The locally owned shop might care, but big corps don't.

You only use 200-300gb a month and yet this thread has come to this? Principles are moot at this point. Youre hung up on something that doesnt affect you? Cricket's position on this is "you get exactly what you pay for, if you dont like it leave.". And it's in writing right in their brochures. A customer's unwillingness to read it or accept it is irrelevant.

Look up loyalty in the dictionary. It doesnt go both ways by definition.

In a very short period of time, the smartphone plans will have 2.5gb and this whole conversation will be moot.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Banned

I never said that this whole data throttling thing Directly effected me. Im just saying Its wrong and wanted to see what others thought.As long as you just allow this type of actions they will continue to do so. I also think that the whole UNLIMITED TERM is illegal or near so. Unlimited 3g should never be throttled . If they were to say 3g data up to 1 gb then throttled back to 56k after. that is what you really are getting .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information