Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cyanogenmod 10

Overall activity: 0%

This ROM is the Shiznit. We need CM for the Merc. Keep up the good work guys! So can any ROm, Kernel, etc for the U8860 be used on our Mercs?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by JFresha2U View Post
    This ROM is the Shiznit. We need CM for the Merc. Keep up the good work guys! So can any ROm, Kernel, etc for the U8860 be used on our Mercs?
    NO. I capitalize because its highly advised you don't flash other stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    For one, what exactly is salas suppose to do??? Take/accept credit for something else he didnt do (referring to CWM that he did not build, just posted)????

Second thing, you will have to pull all things ril related from the merc and copy em into the cm10 rom you are trying to cook. Then you will have to get the props correct in the build.prop and add the cdma permission xml to etc/permissions.

I have never taken credit for something not fully of my work which is very limited. Yes i didn't put the name of the right person, (jonhaney i think it was) or any name at all, but i fixed that post a while back. I never said it was my recovery i never accepted money or donations either. All i ever accepted were "thank yous" for the guide that Jon asked me to do for him.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    NO. I capitalize because its highly advised you don't flash other stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I have never taken credit for something not fully of my work which is very limited. Yes i didn't put the name of the right person, (jonhaney i think it was) or any name at all, but i fixed that post a while back. I never said it was my recovery i never accepted money or donations either. All i ever accepted were "thank yous" for the guide that Jon asked me to do for him.

You accepted credit and praise for the recovery tho and didnt correct anyone by saying you didnt build it, but rather just posted the guide, at least not until something was said about it by myself and othes. I'm not sure jon built it either, jon hasnt compiled anything from source for as I know. The original img was built by some hit & run dude whom didnt even share his device tree for it (prolly had no clue how to use github). Hence why I eventually built it myself.

Now back on topic, working on CM10 from src.
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 02-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Lol PG and Salas have to have the funniest altercations...but im glad to hear that

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

U8860 - gsm based. M886 - cdma based by what I can tell. I know I can use tmobile on this rom at the least. Still reluctant to upgrade tmobile account for 3g so not sure if that works or not. Gonna test an at&t sims this upcoming weekend. Ill let you guys know if it works or not.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

As a request to PG since he randomly popped in. Can you make the rom you are compiling have the capability to switch from cdma to gsm like we have in stock to change from cricket to china telecom? Would be a fantastic feature to have.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Search update fixed crashe.....I'm loving it's new features just missing the WiFi.

ima try the 4g T-Mobile plan on this tomorrow to see if it works ill post my findings tomorrow afternoon

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well guys.... I have good new and bad news..... Good news is. I think our sims slot comes unlock out of the factory. =D. Bad new is. I can only get it to pick up a sims card in LewaOS. I was able to connect to AT&T with 3g with my fathers sim card out of his atrix 4g. I have very piss poor signal due to being on a cricket hybrid roaming prl, that would be the reason for bad connectivity. But none the less. I was able to get 3G in a cyanogenmod based OS.

Maybe we could possibly take a look into the LewaOS to find out what makes it actually have connectivity. Main reason i say this is because i was not able conect to 3G in regular CM 7. And there was absolutely no luck at all with CM 10. And YES!!!! This means that the GSM works in our phones just fine. =P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot-1360904668612.png   screenshot-1360904708209.png   screenshot-1360904716313.png  
    Last edited by biledigger; 02-15-2013 at 12:36 AM.

I think our best hope is just to wait and hope PG releases his from source build of cm10

Ok Update. The ROM is cool and all but I think it bricked my phone. I cant do anything with it now. I cant go back to GB. I cant go back to ICS I cant even boot it up properly. When I try to go back to stock or anything else for that matter it wont do it. I tried to do a stock backup restore and it just stays at the startup screen. The stock recovery doesnt work anymore. CWM recovery works but my phone just boots up into CWM recovery every time meaning. I cant USE MY FREAKING PHONE! WTF!fkjdsf hdaskjfdkjasf! I thought it was asked if we could go back to GB from this monstrosity. WTF is the deal. Assistance needed. Please help.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

OK I FINALLY got my Sh*t bacc to stocc. I had to purposely Blue Screen it then stock restore through pink screen. Scary Sh*t man. WARNING!!! USE THIS ROM @ your own risk. It is not done or even close to it. Fun to play with but is it worth the risk if you dont know what your doing? Luckily I have installed every single ROM on here and have a bit of experience but if I was complete noob i would have been ass out. Thanks to you guys for all your hard work but this is a work still in progress obviously and has a long way to go im guessing. I hope you guys get it up though.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

OK I FINALLY got my Sh*t bacc to stocc. I had to purposely Blue Screen it then stock restore through pink screen. Scary Sh*t man. WARNING!!! USE THIS ROM @ your own risk. It is not done or even close to it. Fun to play with but is it worth the risk if you dont know what your doing? Luckily I have installed every single ROM on here and have a bit of experience but if I was complete noob i would have been ass out. Thanks to you guys for all your hard work but this is a work still in progress obviously and has a long way to go im guessing. I hope you guys get it up though.

Ive flashed this several times to test different sim card and I've never had an issue like that I think your "experience" failed you and you did something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Thatking18 View Post
    Ive flashed this several times to test different sim card and I've never had an issue like that I think your "experience" failed you and you did something wrong
    Well certainly your God-like "experience" could provide a solution to the problem. I restored to GB but now I cant install updates. The phone just reboots when I try to update through Storage > Update via SD Card or About Phone Update. Ive read through the forum all day and havent found a solution though someone else was having the problem when trying to install ICS via dload folder. Im having the same problem. +1 Thanks for the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by JFresha2U View Post
    Well certainly your God-like "experience" could provide a solution to the problem. I restored to GB but now I cant install updates. The phone just reboots when I try to update through Storage > Update via SD Card or About Phone Update. Ive read through the forum all day and havent found a solution though someone else was having the problem when trying to install ICS via dload folder. Im having the same problem. +1 Thanks for the solution.
    hmmm that's really unusual the only fix would be to go and install oraix stock rom since during your flashed one of the files got erased but flashing his stock rom would most definitely restore and fix any issues you seem to be having
    Fyi the only time I did see something like that was when my friend installed beats audio and it bricked his phone I tried installing a stock rom but that didn't fix it completely since the wifi seem to have gotten deleted the only thing that worked was making a back up with mines and letting him use my SD card to restore the backup
    Last edited by Thatking18; 02-15-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatking18 View Post
    hmmm that's really unusual the only fix would be to go and install oraix stock rom since during your flashed one of the files got erased but flashing his stock rom would most definitely restore and fix any issues you seem to be having
    Fyi the only time I did see something like that was when my friend installed beats audio and it bricked his phone I tried installing a stock rom but that didn't fix it completely since the wifi seem to have gotten deleted the only thing that worked was making a back up with mines and letting him use my SD card to restore the backup
    I've installed every stock ROM I could. CWM Backups, Jellybean Roms, Revokster Stock Rom Backups, Still have the same problem. Anyway I could get you to make me a stock backup so I could try that? please and thanks you kind sir.

alright I backed up my rom which is stock and unrooted I'm just not home yet as soon as I do ill upload to dropbox or 4shared later tonight hopefully

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information