Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Cyanogenmod 10

Overall activity: 39.0%
    Customer Since
    01/2013

Is it fully working?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Nope. I just use it thru wifi as a backup when my s3 is charging.

sent from my sammiesung gs3

Overall activity: 39.0%
    Customer Since
    01/2013

Yeah I figured ....I was just hoping

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Sorry for the late reply guys. Been busy with family issues. *Changing Dirty Diapers*... I have tested this in the past. I have gotten data and phone up and operational only with the help of an AT&T sims card though. I was just screwing around temporarilly with the original files for the PRLs and such while at it though. Sorry if this cannot help anyone further than what i have gotten, i was setup on a hybrid roaming PRL when i tested it. Cricket/Sprint, still connected me to servicing through AT&T though. There is also the issue with getting more than just that working as well, you have the files inside Cyanogen Mod that tell it what all APNs to use. There is an APN on the net somewhere that actually has just about every APN in teh world inside of it, cricket, sprint, at&t, virgin, boost. All that good stuff. I appoligize, but i have actually given up on this rom due to the fact that i do not have my own AT&T sims card. Was using my fathers for testing. If i decide to ever get this little side project up and running again on my part, it we be after i get a Net10 card from Gamestop for further testing. Take care guys, sorry it took me so long to reply with more info.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I've been trying to track down why it resets. I thought it was a memory issue. I tried enabling zram but it didn't help. If you look at the partitions you'll notice a bunch of them. I don't think it's something I could fix though. Maybe someone could look into that. I tried an app that saves catlog to try to track down the problem causing the reboots but it didn't seem helpful to me.... I didn't know what to look for.

I use WiFi calling and have a 4G hotspot from virgin mobile. I use cSipSimple to receive calls forwarded from Google Voice to my Callcentric SIP account and Voice+ to catch outgoing calls and have GV call back. Best part is it's only $35/mo for unlimited 4G (throttled after 10gb) and the rest is free. The hotspot was $100 tho at wallymart.

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Mercury's hardware to software design wan't built to work with 4.1+ ROM's but nothing is impossible.
    Data cannot be fixed from GMS to CDMA on an adnroid device.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Mercury's hardware to software design wan't built to work with 4.1+ ROM's but nothing is impossible.
    Data cannot be fixed from GMS to CDMA on an adnroid device.
    That's no true I've ported ROM from the Huawei sonic U8650 its GSM over to Huawei Ascend2 m865 and that's CDMA with fully working service and all

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

And I have cyanogenmod 10 running on the Huawei Ascend 2 and it only has a 600 MHz CPU and 128 mb of ram the problem is in the kernel that's why you haven't got the mercury to work

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Titan, would installing a CM 10 along with the u8860 Kernel be a viable testing ground for trying to get this to function in CDMA/GSM mode along with the global APN files? IF so i would gladly give it a try once i get to a connection that would allow me to download some more ROMS. I have been watching status updates and such over on the Russian and German sites, they already have Android 4.3. And yes i have already flashed it once to my phone, it boots normally and runs pretty well, just no data or connectivity.
    Last edited by biledigger; 12-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information