Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Date and Time Issue on Mercury

I live less than a half mile from a timezone change. My network bounces off the pacific time zone towers and the mountain time zone towers. So therefore, my time is either correct or it is an hour early. I went to settings/date and time and low and behold, the "Automatic" setting is grayed out and checked. There is no way to uncheck this box and manually select my time zone. It keeps wanting to randomly switch between time zones depending upon which tower it is picking up.

If I turn on airplane mode, this does allow me to uncheck the Automatic box and manually select my time zone, HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, when I turn airplane mode off and recheck my date and time setting, the phone puts back in the check mark and grays out the box again not allowing me to select the Automatic settings.

Also, set the screen time out for 30 minutes just to watch for when the phone bounced back to another tower. When it finally changed towers, the grayed out areas lit up and I watched it change from mountain time to pacific time and then it grayed out again.

I really love the mercury and want to use it as my main phone. I also have a rooted droid x. If I keep the Mercury and ditch the Droid X, I will want to use it for an alarm clock. I cannot take the chance of the phone switching in the middle of the night to something an hour earlier than my time.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by TonyMcD; 12-23-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

just pulled one out of the box to confirm your issue. Very odd that it reverts to auto once the network is turned back on.

Unfortunately I have no solution for you at this point. Maybe keep the Droid X as your alarm clock or just get an alarm clock?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Once we get it rooted, it shouldn't be a problem to force it to keep a timezone.

You are correct I certainly can buy an alarm clock, however why should I have too when I have one built into my phone? It is not just being able to wake up in the morning that having the correct time displayed on my phone is important. I am sure most people can think of other uses for a clock on their phones. I am just perplexed that the Automatic box is not selectable and thus having the inability to properly set the correct time verses having to have the network pick the time for me.

I am sure as Woof mentioned, others should have the same issue with their phones and not having the ability to toggle off the Automatic settings. I do agree rooting will solve the issue, I was just looking to see in there was a viable solution to my problem until the root is a reality

Overall activity: 1.0%

My mercury has same time issue, but I don't live close to time zone, how do I root?

I also have the same issue with the phone and not having the ability to toggle off the Automatic settings as well. another thing, cricket replaced my phone and the same time zone issue came up.....

Overall activity: 1.0%

Weirdest thing happened after a few months it did not do that anymore...lol

Thread Information