Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    july2012

DEV. here. new to forum..would you all like a cm9 port to the merc?

Hey all. I am currently awaiting to go back to sprint until a few better phones come out before I start another 2 year contract. I picked up the mercury for 10 dollars from someone and went and threw an android pre paid plan on it. What I noticed is its not a bad little phone.. not the greatest out but not bad at all really..The thing is I have also noticed there is not many ROMs or kernels or scripts or anything besides a couple stock based ROMs..im bored and work is slow so I could bust my head over trying to port cm9, or 7. It would just be a port..Im not trying to take credit where its due. But I at least feel it would be better than what is offered now.. Just an offer but I wanna see how many will go for it. Also please tell me if I am breaking any forum rules or anything for asking..I dont know anyway let me know what you guys think..

SavageHax

"when all your wishes are granted,many of your dreams will be destroyed."

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

maybe not..seems this would be harder than previous phones..and has huawei ever released a kernel yet for custom roms? wow this is insane.. sorry guys.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Whatever help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHax View Post
    Hey all. I am currently awaiting to go back to sprint until a few better phones come out before I start another 2 year contract. I picked up the mercury for 10 dollars from someone and went and threw an android pre paid plan on it. What I noticed is its not a bad little phone.. not the greatest out but not bad at all really..The thing is I have also noticed there is not many ROMs or kernels or scripts or anything besides a couple stock based ROMs..im bored and work is slow so I could bust my head over trying to port cm9, or 7. It would just be a port..Im not trying to take credit where its due. But I at least feel it would be better than what is offered now.. Just an offer but I wanna see how many will go for it. Also please tell me if I am breaking any forum rules or anything for asking..I dont know anyway let me know what you guys think..

SavageHax

"when all your wishes are granted,many of your dreams will be destroyed."

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

maybe not..seems this would be harder than previous phones..and has huawei ever released a kernel yet for custom roms? wow this is insane.. sorry guys.
    Nope they haven't yet. They said it would be available soon. And by soon, I'm pretty sure they mean after the release of the full ICS upgrade. By that time, we probably wouldn't need it.

Thread Information