Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 14.0%

Dropped phone :-(

A little over a month ago I dropped my Mercury for the last time. I'm very absent minded and drop phones frequently, it's a wonder this one lasted as long as it did.

When I put the battery back in, it wouldn't turn on anymore with the back cover attached. I could turn it on with the back off, but not long after putting the back on it'd shut off on its own. If I left the back off it seemed to stay on just fine.

Then a week or so later I lost it and bought an HTC Desire C to replace it. A bit of a downgrade, but at 1ghz and ICS it's not too bad.

Then yesterday my fiancee found it in the nursery under the rocking chair in plain sight.

I charged it and now it seems to be staying on just fine with the back on. Unfortunately the 3g icon won't show up in the status bar.

My questions are:

If the power button is broken, can it be replaced?

What would stop the 3g icon from showing up?

Ideally I'd like to get this phone fixed and put the HTC away for safe keeping until the Merc dies for good.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

The power button might be able to get replaced by Cricket if you're under warranty, or by contacting Huawei directly. The 3G icon does not show up because you said you replaced it by the HTC phone, and it needs to be an active ESN for the internet to work.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

yes pretty sure you can fix the power button of a price range of 30 to 40 bucks a easy way to find someone who fixes them go to craigslist go to cell phones and type in power button repair and there should be some for andriods and iphones and also the reason why the 3g isnt showing up because you change the esn to another phone in order to get the 3g back to the merc you will need to transfer your number back to the mercury just like what Deadly said good luck

Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks for the replies! It seems strange to me that the voice connection works fine, at least it can receive calls, haven't tried outgoing calls yet.

Also, after a day of playing with it, it hasn't randomly lost power once. Apparently whatever got jostled in dropping sorted itself out over a month under the rocking chair.

Now to decide whether to reactivate it now, or save it until the HTC eventually dies hmm...

Is there an official ICS for the Merc yet? >.>

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

well in my opinion if you went thru all the trouble by getting another phone and switching your esn over might as well just stay with the one you got now and leave the merc as a backup

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Have you tried pushing in the power button with the back cover off? The Merc has those fake buttons attatched to the battery cover that might just be broken. On my old Cricket phones the 3G works as long as the same account remains active.

Thread Information