Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

just flash ur own phone =] never have to worry about cricket again, besides paying them each month ^_-

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yeah, except that I'm leery of flashing... I flashed my Ascend to CM7 and it worked fine for a while... Then it got buggy and the internal clock stopped working properly, which was a problem for me since I use my phone as an alarm clock.

Personally, I hope this firmware update handles the issue we experienced with the Mercury. My man and I got two phones brand new less than 2 months ago. Neither have been dropped or abused, yet his doesn't work anymore. It seems that IF you accidentally let the battery go completely dead the phone simply will NOT turn on again and were told by Cricket that Huawei has a recall on the Mercury phone for that exact reason. I don't know a lot about firmware, but is it a possibility this update could be for that issue, or are hardware problems a completely separate issue all together?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Eldridge View Post
    Personally, I hope this firmware update handles the issue we experienced with the Mercury. My man and I got two phones brand new less than 2 months ago. Neither have been dropped or abused, yet his doesn't work anymore. It seems that IF you accidentally let the battery go completely dead the phone simply will NOT turn on again and were told by Cricket that Huawei has a recall on the Mercury phone for that exact reason. I don't know a lot about firmware, but is it a possibility this update could be for that issue, or are hardware problems a completely separate issue all together?
    Is your battery over heating? I got the phone right when it came out, it was nice, but now battery is over heating and it's have memory problems (gets really laggy quite quickly). I did not know there was a recall for the Mercury phones.

Phone
    M886

I've noticed something odd about MMS. My phone is NOT updated to the latest, or the last firmware. With the exception of Swype, and removing CIQ and some stock apps, I have the 2.3.5 original firmware. Recently, my phone forgot how to connect to the network, and I couldn't call or use data until I did a *228.
    The last 2 days, I have had data issues, where it wouldn't work until I put it into airplane mode then back. Both with WiFi and 3G to some extent. Now, I'm noticing that no MMS messages are going out. Tonight I noticed that when on WiFi and trying to send a MMS, my WiFi would stop working. I had to turn off WiFi, and 3G was working. Switching WiFi back on, and it would work again, but it still didn't send the MMS.
    Looking at the APN settings, there was no protocol set for the APN. IP4 or IP6.
    Okay, this is getting weirder. WiFi was just working, until I went into Messaging, and there's still a MMS waiting to send. Now WiFi doesn't work. Again, I'm still on 2.3.5. This is beyond the firmware update. I'm thinking that after having to *228 my phone, something got screwed up.
    The only other thing I can think of, is I downloaded the firmware, but told it to delay the update, so I could copy it off of my phone, then deleted it, so it wouldn't run.
    Last edited by moldavia; 06-15-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

thats very wierd.... im starting to think its just a bad device! Over time it breaks! that really dont make since! Not saying ur lieing by no means. i trust you. But y is it doing this? even to phones that have NOT updated! i do know that mms has to be sent over 3g not wifi... but when on wifi, it should SWAP to 3g, send the pic, then swap back to wifi. My 3d on ICS dont even swap.. i just brings up 3g while wifi is still on lol.... but the merc is losing its mind

Phone
    M886

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    thats very wierd.... im starting to think its just a bad device! Over time it breaks! that really dont make since! Not saying ur lieing by no means. i trust you. But y is it doing this? even to phones that have NOT updated! i do know that mms has to be sent over 3g not wifi... but when on wifi, it should SWAP to 3g, send the pic, then swap back to wifi. My 3d on ICS dont even swap.. i just brings up 3g while wifi is still on lol.... but the merc is losing its mind
    When on WiFi, I watched the 3G icon pop up for a second, then no WiFi. Now, I tried sending over 3G, and it killed all my data, until I reset the radios using Airplane mode. I tried a fix perms in CWR. Maybe I'll try a factory reset tomorrow.

I hope it isn't broken. I got in in January, and I dropped the crappy insurance I had on my Zio.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

yea do that maybe it will work. delvik cache also

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I must be one of the lucky ones. I haven't updated from cricket at, rooted with revocster and nub's iCe rom, both seem to work great for me. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by mkakemon View Post
    I must be one of the lucky ones. I haven't updated from cricket at, rooted with revocster and nub's iCe rom, both seem to work great for me. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    That makes 2...currently on IcE with Revokster on backup

Sent from my Merc using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

wooot . . . If its not broken, dont fix it!

Phone
    M886

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    yea do that maybe it will work. delvik cache also
    Just wiped the phone. We'll see what happens. Although, I don't think it's hardware, since it only does it when trying to send a MMS. This has to be a software problem. Maybe the MMS system is locking up the TCP/IP stack until it is reset. The Linux equivalent of eth0 down / eth0 up.

EDIT: No good. Something is still broken with MMS.
    Last edited by moldavia; 06-15-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr;

That makes 2...currently on IcE with Revokster on backup

Sent from my Merc using Tapatalk 2
    My merc has never been updated. Started with revokester, Ice'd it and gave it to my wife. Still no probs.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Ok, now I'm p.o'ed. I started having problems with boot loops, outa no were, so I unrooted, went back to stock recovery.img. Just to do the mandatory update and my phone says there is no update, WTH. Anybody have any ideas, pleeeeaaaaase.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I have 2.3.6 Oriax stock rom, does anyone have stock 2.3.5

Banned

you might need to toggle data in backup and restore. then format data partition .Format the others just not sd. Re download the rom and follow instructions on installing it carefully. Likely something corrupt on the data part.If you do not toggle data it will not format .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information