Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Get around the Tether Monster (block) Huawei Mercury and other phones

I have the Huawei Mercury and have been bothered by the Tether monster! I think I found away around it tho.

First go to

http://www.mobilestream.com/easytether/drivers.html

and download the correct drivers for your pc. Then download a app Called Easytether from the market you have to buy the full version to get full access. Then Visit

www.useragentstring.com

from your smartphone and carefully write down the user agent string in some text file on your computer. Change the default user agent string in the web browser on your computer to the string from your smartphone:

How to do this in Internet Explorer8/9

Download the free IE add-on called UAPick to your computer, install it, restart IE, click Tools → Set UA String, paste the saved user agent string, set the "Reuse this UA string for new windows" check, then click Save Changes.

Go into your phones settings and turn on USB Debugging (make sure to do this first!). Open up the Easy Tether app and run the Setup wizard. Click "copy to computer" when it asks for the computer setup part (it wants to show you how to install the drivers but you done did this). Plug in your phone Via Usb and click a bunch of nexts til you get to the end and click finish. You should now have a connection. Your pc will just say Network internet connection.

I had to go into the Internet Options under the advanced tab and at the bottom make sure all the Use SSL and TLS options are checked then Bam I got Usb Tethering. Some Https: sites dont work but you get sites like facebook, youtube, and all Http: sites perfectly. Maybe slow but it is a 3g connection =)

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#ixzz1lFNy7OTY

Last edited by vincelozano; 02-02-2012 at 11:49 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Nice. Have you verified that it is the user agent they are sniffing? I suspected they were because I have been able to stream Netflix from my Roku box without a problem.

Yup Im pretty sure they are. Its weird tho cuz you think you could just change the User agent string and just Tether with Wifi..but ya cant. The only way I can get my Merc to tether now is using usb and this method. Kinda sux cuz the pc you use has to have Easy tether on it. I miss my old Ascend when it comes to tethering that thing was a beast lol

Phone
    Cricket Mercury

I'm new to the forum and I just got my Mercury today, but I am able to wirelessly tether my device to my Ubuntu laptop with no issues. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

so will this work on a verizon droid incredible 1? I was caught on 2/2/12 ....tethered in the morning with no problem using PDANET usb'd to my laptop. when i went to do it in the afternoon....i was redirected to the cricket tethering page....also when i turned PDANET off and disconnected my phone and tried to use it normally it too redirected me to the tethering page.

PDANET worked great until 2/2/12
    Last edited by sniperxxx; 02-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thread Information