Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Have a working phone root your phone in windows!

This guide is intended to be used in Windows operating system. Please read all steps before attempting and reread each step before going on to the next step.

***WARNING THIS GUIDE WILL RESTORE YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS WITH ROOT***

First step:
    Pull battery from phone and put back cover on.

Second step: While your battery is out hold volume up and down simultaneously and plug in your phone via usb into the computer and your phones screen will turn pink.

Third step: Go to my computer find the 259mb removable disc image or close to it double click it double click the folder named image.

Fourth step:
    Download the recovery.img file below and move it to the folder named "image" copy and replace existing recovery.img.

recovery.img download

Fifth step: Unplug phone from computer take battery out put battery back in start the phone plug it into the computer click on the phone use usb storage go to my computer and double click 2.0gb removable disc image or close to it, create a new folder called "clockworkmod" create a folder in that folder called "backup" create a folder in that folder called "jkinglv90" and download the following files below and place them in the folder called "jkinglv90".

FileSwap.com : nandroid.md5 download free

FileSwap.com : recovery.vfat.tar download free

FileSwap.com : system.ext4.tar download free

FileSwap.com : boot.vfat.tar download free

FileSwap.com : data.ext3.tar download free

FileSwap.com : cache.ext3.tar download free

Seventh step: Unplug phone from computer and put battery back in.

Eighth step: Power on phone simultaneously pressing the volume up.

Ninth step: Press volume down 5 times highlight backup and restore then press power button once.

Tenth step: Press volume down once highlight restore then press power button once.

Eleventh step: Highlight "jkinglv90" press power button once.

Twelve step: Highlight "yes - restore" press power button once.

Thirteenth step: After you have restored your phone click power button one more time, you have just rooted your phone.

Fourteenth step: Post a reply to this thread and say "it works!"

Fifthteen step: Update superuser and busybox installer on the market/google play.

***TESTED AND WORKS, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK WITH YOUR ERRORS***

helping everyone in the world, fixing one phone at a time.

Last edited by jkinglv90; 03-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

at least give credits and links to the threads bro.

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Worked like a charm!!! Thanks a lot!

Overall activity: 1.0%

This might be an issue related to my phone but when I copy the recovery.img over I can see that it does get replaced the the modified date changes as expected. However when I plug the phone back in and browse to the image folder I can see that original recovery.img file is restored straight with file size and original modified date. Its almost like something has happened to put my phone into a read only state and none of my changes are being persisted. This would also explain why when I attempted to do factory resets they also wouldnt take. Any ideas?

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    This might be an issue related to my phone but when I copy the recovery.img over I can see that it does get replaced the the modified date changes as expected. However when I plug the phone back in and browse to the image folder I can see that original recovery.img file is restored straight with file size and original modified date. Its almost like something has happened to put my phone into a read only state and none of my changes are being persisted. This would also explain why when I attempted to do factory resets they also wouldnt take. Any ideas?
    You need new phone its a warranty problem

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

I doubt they will warranty it considering I bought it off a dude from craigslist and dont have a receipt or anything like that. Like I was saying in my other threads I am almost 100% sure my filesystem or partition is stuck in a read only state and I just need to change the appropriate permissions but I am not sure how. I am sure one of these ROM devs could figure it out...

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    I doubt they will warranty it considering I bought it off a dude from craigslist and dont have a receipt or anything like that. Like I was saying in my other threads I am almost 100% sure my filesystem or partition is stuck in a read only state and I just need to change the appropriate permissions but I am not sure how. I am sure one of these ROM devs could figure it out...
    No idea I was talking with somone else who had same problem he couldn't. Fix how much you buy it for like I said let's meet up I can see what I can do seeing it visually

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Appreciate it I may just send it to oriax123 as he needs a dev device anyways. And he also thinks he can fix it so might be the best win for all of us cause it will just help expidite the ICS ROM port

Thread Information