Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

lol at match.com... Nope no match happening. Erica Renee is In a Life long relationship with Bonnie my childhood beauty queen. in two weeks we will have 25 years TOGETHER...

MATCH.COM GRRRRR ONLINE DATING one piece of crap technology.MY Opinion only of course. Im so glad your wearing different color and i so hope style of tank TOP.

Thanks again EVERYONE. GREAT Group of people on here

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Yeah we are huh? 10 more sent, no replies jus yet...

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hey all, So here is what i did. I called their 888 number posted here and spoke directly to a well mannered good natured gentleman. Who after some calm talking provided with me this answer" We are supposed to release an ICS OS for the Mercury" just, no specific date on it yet but, it is in their computer as being an update just no official date. I also asked for the kernel. I have 2.3.5 and just tried to *228 update it and still no firmware to 2.3.6 lol. Anyhow, I was told that i should get an email response or a phone call directly from him concerning the acquisition of the kernel to the current Os on the M886. So, hoping against hope...let's see where it goes!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury M88

sent and will resend daily

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Okay so just got off of the phone with Huawei's "tech support" lol again 20 minutes ago. First, the young lady i spoke to this time around was quite possibly the most helpful creature i have ever dealt with there. Her name is River and she chased down the actual CDMA kernel for me. After putting me on hold and coming letting me know she had it...she asked me one question...is this for rooting or whatever? lol i dumbly answered "i already have my phone rooted" no this is for future programming and etc...at that point more hold time..and her coming to apologize to me but, her supervisor refused to release it to someone with a rooted phone because the company is no longer liable after phone is rooted. so, that being said anyone else wanna try to charm this young lady? =) and second she also confirmed that shit is a little slow on the us side but that we would indeed def getting the ics equivalent to the honor ics os....so take ur pick...wait for it or try calling and asking for this specific person. I at least have made some progress on my end...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sinister View Post
    Okay so just got off of the phone with Huawei's "tech support" lol again 20 minutes ago. First, the young lady i spoke to this time around was quite possibly the most helpful creature i have ever dealt with there. Her name is River and she chased down the actual CDMA kernel for me. After putting me on hold and coming letting me know she had it...she asked me one question...is this for rooting or whatever? lol i dumbly answered "i already have my phone rooted" no this is for future programming and etc...at that point more hold time..and her coming to apologize to me but, her supervisor refused to release it to someone with a rooted phone because the company is no longer liable after phone is rooted. so, that being said anyone else wanna try to charm this young lady? =) and second she also confirmed that shit is a little slow on the us side but that we would indeed def getting the ics equivalent to the honor ics os....so take ur pick...wait for it or try calling and asking for this specific person. I at least have made some progress on my end...lol
    Are you serious? You told her you rooted your phone after she said she had the kernel?

No insult intended, that just sucks, for everyone.

However, it's really fucking awesome that you found this out. No harm intended... your post has made my day

Unfortunately, I'm sure that if this "River" woman suddenly received a dozen calls specifically asking for her, she may know whats up.

Dayemare

edit: I may call and if I get to the point that you did, say that I am an aspiring developer and want to practice on the code for my own phone. Could work. I'm glad she said that we WILL receive ICS. It gives me hope, and saves me from going out and switching to the Galaxy Nexus like I had planned.
    Last edited by dayemare; 04-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sinister View Post
    That's very good news, thanks for calling bro.

~Sent by Oriax123
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Banned

Awesome guys.. I have never got thru on the numbers i have in the op post. No return emails either from anyone..

GREAT Work on getting information from them.. But having your phone rooted is not a Valid reason to hold back source.. You should use what we did to ACER .. TELL THEM BECAUSE its not THERE KERNEL.. IT AND THERE CHANGES AND DRIVERS BELONG TO THE LINUX GPL Foundation. And they should play by the rules.Tell them the User Development community is what makes OPEN SOURCE OS like linux/ android what it is .. And they should Help us make there product fit our needs better. Acer also says rooting will void warranty. BUt if you brick there product they will reflash it for you if you send it in. But i do not know what the min boot is for this phone. I KNOW Tegra chip phones CAN NOT BE BRICKED. As they have a min boot logic.That nv flash can always access.

anyway thanks for the support in keeping this thread alive. I TO HAVE BEEN sending email . i know they are getting them.just not replying.

Hey, guys! Just sent another email to Huawei after I found this thread. Sent based on the template from Erica. I know there were rumors of a press conference where it was confirmed the Mercury would not receive ICS, but do not believe that to be true. Can anyone confirm or deny that at this point?

Banned

i have not heard one word about such a release. But i can tell you this . im on my second mercury as the other just totally quit with no warning. Now today this new phone less then a week old will not dial out half the time.it will not recieve any calls. I called cricket they are telling my phone is being used in a area with a weak signal i have had cricket for many years from this location where i live. when i told them that just repeated im in a bad signal area. IM VERY CLOSE TO DITCHING CRICKET AND THERE LACK OF SERIVICE PHONE PROVIDER HUAWEI. This phone seems to be cheap trash.

Overall activity: 12.0%

there is an review on the Mercury @wired.com dated may,22,2012 claiming Huawei said it will get ics by the end of the month... Time will tell..

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    there is an review on the Mercury @wired.com dated may,22,2012 claiming Huawei said it will get ics by the end of the month... Time will tell..

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    That's great news! Thanks for the info, friend. By the way, if anyone has not picked up the extended battery for the Mercury yet, GET IT! It makes the phone about 1/4" thicker, but I was able to stream YouTube videos for about 4 hours and browse the internet for another 4. Total of 5 hours of screen-on time, according to the Battery Use settings dialog. Attached are a couple of pictures of the Mercury with the extended battery and door. The fourth picture is the only picture of my fat Merc next to a gel case for the stock Merc. The extended battery is about 3 times as thick as the stock one and has 3000mah printed on it, which is bigger than the 2600mah reported by the manufacturer, Ontrion. link:
    Huawei Mercury M886, CRICKET

img_20120528_081257.jpgimg_20120528_081305.jpgimg_20120528_081402.jpgimg_20120528_081437.jpgimg_20120528_081511.jpgimg_20120528_081520.jpgimg_20120528_081648.jpgimg_20120528_081717.jpgimg_20120528_081750.jpg

My mercury is thin and waste 10% battery in 6 hours. I'm happy with that.

Sent from my M886

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

i had a aftermarket battery with my droid eris and kinda liked it O_O i dont mind the thicker cases on that tiny case! Not sure if i would like it or not on the merc

I'm on an after market battery. It didn't say how much mah it has though

Sent from my M886

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information