Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Help to get ICS on the mercury

Quite recently it would seem that Huawei has said they will NOT be releasing an official release of ics for the huawei mercury/m886. Even the Huawei Ice does not have 4.0.3. Let's be honest, this is OUTRAGEOUS considering the fact that Huawei did release this post https://www.facebook.com/huaweidevic...00687683387906. Now there is NO official Ics demo for the m886, nor is there an official. we're stuck with a demo that was leaked with NO bootloader unlocker. We all need to take part in the emails that need to be sent to huawei. It does not matter if you post what the email says, that's not important. simply send an email saying we need the bootloader unlocker for the huawei mercury to SupportUSA@huawei.com. I don't care if you threaten them that we'll no longer be purchasing there phones or devices. Because I honestly will not. But we do NEED you to send an email asking for it. either send an email, or call them. which ever. there phone number is 1-888-548-2934. do not be rude, BUT be firm. We NEED this. The phone has been out for quite some time, and they have not once cared about what we've thought. They did not release the source for us, but because they had to. All thanks go to huaweimercuryguru for the ics demo. I have asked him to speak with his friend at huawei for the unlock code, however he has not responded. we need to take this into our own hands. ALL help is appreciated. Make multiple emails and send it for all i care, we NEED this. AMERICA is not on there priority list from what i can tell, and we need to change that. WE WILL NOT GO UNHEARD!

2. Remove this advertisement.

ant, if you've follow the relations of Huawei and the US govt., then you'd know that the US is very anti Huawei....see the 60 minutes piece from a couple of week ago...I may be wrong...but I don't think the average US consumer will have that much throw with them when they have the rest of the world to sell to that don't require nasty bootloader restriction, unfair prices, data caps, and data mining motives

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    ant, if you've follow the relations of Huawei and the US govt., then you'd know that the US is very anti Huawei....see the 60 minutes piece from a couple of week ago...I may be wrong...but I don't think the average US consumer will have that much throw with them when they have the rest of the world to sell to that don't require nasty bootloader restriction, unfair prices, data caps, and data mining motives
    do you have a link to this piece?
    also it's not really my problem if they think that, power comes in numbers, and the rest of the world won't give them as much of a profit as the us will.

either way, it never hurts to get the community involved in a project. and the person that released the leak would possibly have some sort of connection IF he/she would respond.

Thread Information