Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

help!! how do I undo the muve update?

I have the mercury & I did a system update not knowing it was muve music & to make a long story short... I just want to go back to the one it came with.. can any 1 please tell me how to reverse this unneeded mess I've made?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Did you try factory reset?

I did.. it still loaded up as muve music

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

unless you used the custom recovery and created a backup, you cant

you could always root and just flash one of the stock roms, or just learn to ignore the whole muve thing (loading screen is bufugly and seems to take longer than it used to, plus IMO the whole muve thing is just a waste of money, i get free music from all over the place, so why spend $10 extra and limit my storage)

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

i know... ur exactly right. i download music everywhere else & i feel like this is just wasting space. also now my network & everything seems to work extra slow i cant even download apps because the system times out or something.. i would love to root my phone but im just not sure which route i would take. ive looked through all these post and theres many ways to go about it but i just want to make sure im doin the right steps.. ???? ugh.. i so should have left it alone lol

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by mzjessika405:62199
    i know... ur exactly right. i download music everywhere else & i feel like this is just wasting space. also now my network & everything seems to work extra slow i cant even download apps because the system times out or something.. i would love to root my phone but im just not sure which route i would take. ive looked through all these post and theres many ways to go about it but i just want to make sure im doin the right steps.. ???? ugh.. i so should have left it alone lol
    If I where you I'd use oriax123's fastroot zip but first put Salas's custom recovery of course lol...and putting his recovery on can be done from a windows system aswell just make sure you keep your original recovery in a safe place

I'll do it for 20 bucks

U make it sound so simple 2 do.. lol.. well thank u for ur help. I appreciate it very much. Ill maybe try rooting my phone once I know for sure I'm doin the right steps. Lol. The whole rooting with a computer is a little different for me. I remember rooting 1 of my other phones before but just through my phone .. but seems all the threads I've read, none of them can be done this way anymore.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mzjessika405 View Post
    U make it sound so simple 2 do.. lol.. well thank u for ur help. I appreciate it very much. Ill maybe try rooting my phone once I know for sure I'm doin the right steps. Lol. The whole rooting with a computer is a little different for me. I remember rooting 1 of my other phones before but just through my phone .. but seems all the threads I've read, none of them can be done this way anymore.
    Okay i'll try to word this as simple as possible lol

Download the recovery here http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-recovery.html

put your phone into download mode..to do this:
    --power down your phone (pull the battery just to be sure its completely off)
    --hold the volume + & volume - and the hold the power button until it boots to a pink/purple screen

then:
    --plug the phone into the computer via usb
    --then one or more file systems will pop up
    --find the one that is 252mb it should have a folder called image in it
    --open folder image and you should see amss.mbn, boot.img, cust.img, EMMCBOOT.MBN, and recovery.img
    --first copy or move the stock recovery to a safe place, then remove that one and insert the custom recovery you just downloaded
    --wait til it transfers then pull out the usb cord, pull the battery and try booting into recovery with volume + & power
    --if you have done everything correctly you will now have custom recovery...
    --when you booting into recovery MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACKUP..incase you ever have to revert back to stock or something messes up during a flash
    --now you can install Oriax123's fastroot here http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-recovery.html
    --flash it in the recovery like you would a ROM

--there you go that is the easiest explanation i can give you...sorry if i didn't help

--ROM'S are here (MUVE music FREEEE!)
    http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...t-mercury.html

HOPE THIS HELPED YOU!!!!!

Ohh!! Thank u soon much! Im about 2 try it now quick question though.. on the first step on downloading, u are talking about through the computer right? Lol.. sorry if its a dingy question ..

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by mzjessika405:62335
    Ohh!! Thank u soon much! Im about 2 try it now quick question though.. on the first step on downloading, u are talking about through the computer right? Lol.. sorry if its a dingy question ..
    Yes through the computer

ok.. i must have not followed a step somewhere correctly. after i unplugged the phone from the computer, took out the battery & when i press the volume + & power it just goes into a blue screen. i can just power it up normally & its fine but when trying to reboot it... all i get is a blue screen... i f**ked up sumthing.. didnt i??

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hmmm maybe you had a bad download try downloading the recovery again and redoing it

Thread Information