Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    june 2009

Help with merc cwm and root

My first merc crashed after muve ota update,was able to get it warranted,then after 1 week my screen was lifting off the 2nd phone so i got it warranted,this is my 3rd merc and after i installed the CWM recovery and booted into recovery I get a blue screen,I can still see the image file via usb while in blue screen,if I pull the battery I can still get a pink screen and view the image file via usb and all of it seems to be there,and also the phone is still fully functional but I cant get to recovery to install the unrootzip,on the second merc I had no problem replacing the stock recovery image with the CWM recovery and then installing the unroot zip all worked fine but on the 3rd merc as i stated earlier once the CWM image was installed and booted into recovery I got the blue screen,oh also tried to get to recovery thru the phones master data reset and also get a blue screen there,also tried putting the stock recovery image back in but to no avail,anyone have any ideas thanks in advance Greg.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Hi there,

Download this and extract the files into the "image" folder (replacing if any)

Link :
    BACKUP DOWNLOAD MODE.rar

Should boot up correctly after that. If not you'll have to root and install my Revokster Rom.

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Customer Since
    june 2009

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Hi there,

Download this and extract the files into the "image" folder (replacing if any)

Link :
    BACKUP DOWNLOAD MODE.rar

Should boot up correctly after that. If not you'll have to root and install my Revokster Rom.
    I did download that yesterday before posting,but didn't want to go any further without some good advice on what to try next,so should I replace the complete image folder with the back up rar folder?I have already copied the stock image folder to my computer,as well as opened the backup rar and have it ready for install,thanks oriax123 for the fast reply and help.

Last edited by tonnys; 07-05-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Yes replace all files from the backup.

Customer Since
    june 2009

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Yes replace all files from the backup.
    Thanks again oriax123 for your help,I installed the back up file it worked great as I was was able to boot into recovery,then I installed the CWM mod with no problems,then your rootzip and bingo checked it with root check and I am now cwmed,rooted and happy as hell,have read your thread on the revokster and revolted,can't wait till the final release of your super roms sounds so kick butt,I will be waiting.....,hope you have some luck getting work,I really respect you for all your hard work on the merc.and thanks again to you and your fellow innovators for the cwm mod,your rootzip,unrootzip, and all the custom roms etc. I threw you a $20 spot so have dinner on me my friend,Thanks again Greg,I will be a regular on this awesome site!!!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by tonnys View Post
    Thanks again oriax123 for your help,I installed the back up file it worked great as I was was able to boot into recovery,then I installed the CWM mod with no problems,then your rootzip and bingo checked it with root check and I am now cwmed,rooted and happy as hell,have read your thread on the revokster and revolted,can't wait till the final release of your super roms sounds so kick butt,I will be waiting.....,hope you have some luck getting work,I really respect you for all your hard work on the merc.and thanks again to you and your fellow innovators for the cwm mod,your rootzip,unrootzip, and all the custom roms etc. I threw you a $20 spot so have dinner on me my friend,Thanks again Greg,I will be a regular on this awesome site!!!

Thanks man! ha thatll be my bday present as its tomorrow XD Im glad your backup and running.

THanks again.

Thread Information