Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

ROM Dump pls???

As people have rooted their mercury....Someone pls Upload a ROM Dump in a compressed rar or 7zip to multi-upload...ASAP Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Brad:38838
    I just rooted my mercury by moving su, busybox and superuser.apk (using a linux distro called parted magic on a USB stick while the phone is in download mode) to the appropriate places in the system partition after setting the permissions while the files were on the data partition.... the "universal method for root" works!!
    Can you show the output of mount? I am wondering what options were used. The filesystem was read-only when I used Fedora.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I just rooted my mercury by moving su, busybox and superuser.apk (using a linux distro called parted magic on a USB stick while the phone is in download mode) to the appropriate places in the system partition after setting the permissions while the files were on the data partition.... the "universal method for root" works!!
    Pretend I don't know anything, could u explain step by step how u did it, please everyone would be so apritiative , thanks for telling us, we now now there is a way

Verified Developer

here this may help, has pix etc to help you see whats done:

Article : How to Root Any Android Device Manually

I have put together a zip to run the adb commands for you. The part done in download mode via a nix live cd/usb with nautilus tho I cant make easier for u. Its about like moving things around in windows tho with the gui.

Mercury-Root.zip

Just download the zip to your PC, unzip and run the appropriate install for your OS (windows-install.bat for Windows and linux-install.sh for Linux)

You will need the drivers for the Mercury installed and USB Debugging enabled on your phone and if there is a internet connection option when connecting usb.

And again, this only does the first part that pushes the files to the phone n sets permissions.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    here this may help, has pix etc to help you see whats done:

Article : How to Root Any Android Device Manually

I have put together a zip to run the adb commands for you. The part done in download mode via a nix live cd/usb with nautilus tho I cant make easier for u. Its about like moving things around in windows tho with the gui.

Mercury-Root.zip

Just download the zip to your PC, unzip and run the appropriate install for your OS (windows-install.bat for Windows and linux-install.sh for Linux)

You will need the drivers for the Mercury installed and USB Debugging enabled on your phone and if there is a internet connection option when connecting usb.

And again, this only does the first part that pushes the files to the phone n sets permissions.

This zip file will not download for some reason, the download bar pops up I click download and nothing. WHY???

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ciabatoni View Post
    This zip file will not download for some reason, the download bar pops up I click download and nothing. WHY???
    OK, nevermind I got the zip file from mediafire, Now I plugged my mercury up and I do have usb debbing selected, However Im seeing a few file come up when I attach the Merc, I click the driver file and adb file, but it doesnt seem to do anything, there is no file that I can run. So where do I push the adb files at. In other words, how do I get started???

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by ciabatoni View Post

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

OK, nevermind I got the zip file from mediafire, Now I plugged my mercury up and I do have usb debbing selected, However Im seeing a few file come up when I attach the Merc, I click the driver file and adb file, but it doesnt seem to do anything, there is no file that I can run. So where do I push the adb files at. In other words, how do I get started???
    WHY? WTF? How about "Can someone please help me? I'm a freaking NEWB and will not attempt to do anything without detailed instructions."

Come into this thread thinking that people owe you something is the wrong attitude. First of all, I was able to download that zip file by right clicking the thread notification email from my Gmail. Now that was freaking easy. If you have to ask about that, you might want to wait for a one click solution.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Ok:

First off, I'm banned!
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 12-26-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

how do i get adb devices to detect, it sais no devices found, i had it in recovery mode, then tried mounting usb from phone copy files, had usb debuging on. Can someone let me know why it won't find device. I think my computer has the drivers for phone, do i need to install drivers to adb? I used playfulgod's zip file.
    how do I ?...
    "download mode via a nix live cd/usb with nautilus tho I cant make easier for u. Its about like moving things around in windows tho with the gui".
    I would really appriciate any help, Thanks

Last edited by davidolas; 12-27-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I really like the phone but.... I don't wanna f**k it up... so ima wait till a restore to stock file comes along

Sent from my M886 using Forum Runner

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    how do i get adb devices to detect, it sais no devices found, i had it in recovery mode, then tried mounting usb from phone copy files, had usb debuging on. Can someone let me know why it won't find device. I think my computer has the drivers for phone, do i need to install drivers to adb? I used playfulgod's zip file.
    how do I ?...
    "download mode via a nix live cd/usb with nautilus tho I cant make easier for u. Its about like moving things around in windows tho with the gui".
    I would really appriciate any help, Thanks

I used the drivers from the Huawei site found earlier in this thread. Does device manager show the device installed correctly? And does the little debug symbol show up in the notification bar on the phone? If no to either question, the driver's are not installed.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by s23bog View Post
    I used the drivers from the Huawei site found earlier in this thread. Does device manager show the device installed correctly? And does the little debug symbol show up in the notification bar on the phone? If no to either question, the driver's are not installed.
    sais access is denied, I have drivers installed correctly, maybe i need to restart

c:\desktop>adb devices
    access denied
    debug symbol is present
    still no luck connecting to adb
    Last edited by davidolas; 12-27-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Can somebody please check to see if there is a lost+found directory in the 12th partition of the phone? Actually, I would really appreciate it if someone could provide the output of "mount" as well. When you put the phone in download mode and connect the phone to a PC running Linux, just bring up a command prompt, and issue a mount command......then look for the line saying sd?12. That is the 12th parition. Then just do an ls on that mount point.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

sais access is denied, I have drivers installed correctly, maybe i need to restart

access denied
    debug symbol is present
    I just noticed you are running adb from C:\Desktop. Is that where you have adb installed?

access denied
    debug symbol is present
    yeah dude I was having the same problems. here's what i did. Take that folder that says "drivers" you said that you saw on the device. Put it somewhere on your computer. Then open command prompt, but run it as adminstrator. So right click the command prompt icon and choose run as Adminstrator. Then type in cd and the path to adb_driver which is the folder that's in the "drivers" folder. Now type in
    PnPUtil -i -a android_winusb.inf

And now go to the directory where adb is located with command prompt and type in adb devices you should see a device now. The easiest way to do this is open the folder where adb is hold right-click and right shift on an empty spot on the folder you should see "Open command window here," click it.

Last edited by papasmurf520; 12-27-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    yeah dude I was having the same problems. here's what i did. Take that folder that says "drivers" you said that you saw on the device. Put it somewhere on your computer. Then open command prompt, but run it as adminstrator. So right click the command prompt icon and choose run as Adminstrator. Then type in cd and the path to adb_driver which is the folder that's in the "drivers" folder. Now type in
    PnPUtil -i -a android_winusb.inf

And now go to the directory where adb is located with command prompt and type in adb devices you should see a device now. The easiest way to do this is open the folder where adb is hold right-click and right shift on an empty spot on the folder you should see "Open command window here," click it.

thanks, it said it installed to drivers to device succesfuly
    but comand promp states this
    'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

thanks, it said it installed to drivers to device succesfuly
    but comand promp states this
    'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
    You need to navigate to the directory that adb is in. You did install the android-sdk, right?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information