Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

How to uninstall certain apps

i have the cricket huawei mercury (m886) and there are some apps i'd like to know how to remove. They are: Facebook, e-mail, richpad, lets golf 2, play books, twitter, documents to go, asphalt 5, appinstaller, all backup and streams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Root your phone, then you can use ROM Toolbox or Titanium Backup to remove them.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    N/A

To Roy_L_Fuchs: please look for my post Installing apps to Android's internal SD-Card and that should be your guide to everything you need to know unless you have questions or need help, please ask me in your forum, please remember before you remove or delete any system app that you backup all you plan to delete or remove to a safe place like /data/data or /system with a good commonly trusted safe file browser first. If you run into a app crash loop, take out the battery then put it back in and wait for the carrier's boot screen to first appear, keep pushing the Android's menu button til the phone vibrates then you should be in safe mode, go to /data/data first and delete the app's native library, then go to /data/Dalvik Cache and delete the app's dalvik cache, then go to /system/app and finally if not done yet delete the app, restart may need be required.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

You can use root explorer and go into the system/app and you would mount the sd card as read & write, then you can erase what ever stock app that appears...not every system app will show up, use need to use the app manager in romtoolbox

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

To remove Facebook using romtoolbox you need to look for an app called "Streams". I believe the sys/app is called SocialExt.apk if you look for it manually in a file browser. Keep in mind deleting or freezing it will remove facebook, twitter, gwibber and whatever else was contained in that app. I removed it on mine and i had nothing burn up my data usage afterwards. Just make sure if you plan on it to before hand use CWM and make a nandroid backup incase you ever feel the need to use it again that way you can restore it to its previous state.

Thread Information