Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I can't seem to find a root for this version. Going to try and roll back to 2.3 from the same site. Wish me luck! DM mode won't load as a drive in either windows or linux so I cannot restore CWM. I think I can get this thing working as a phone if I can get root.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman45654 View Post
    I can't seem to find a root for this version. Going to try and roll back to 2.3 from the same site. Wish me luck! DM mode won't load as a drive in either windows or linux so I cannot restore CWM. I think I can get this thing working as a phone if I can get root.
    That's wierd

Sent from my M886

Is there any way to change the files in the update.app file?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Is there any way to change the files in the update.app file?
    the answer is NO! .app is Huaweis way of updating ! As of like 2 weeks ago (last i looked) no one has made a way to compile a .app . . . it has been decomiled thought. But if everyone could just make there own update, that would be to easy. hahahaha

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

you can try flashing via fastboot! think its powering up holding vol down and power? if not adb reboot bootloader will do.
    then try:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot is the executable. Make sure u have fastboot.exe and its .dlls installed. GOOGLE IT IF NEEDED.

flash is function/command to do in fastboot

recovery is the partition. This could be different the merc, idk?

recovery.img this is the fie name/path. Place the recovery image in the fastboot.exe folder then be sure to navigate to the fastboot folder so u can runfastboot in the first place =p

I do NOT have the device, Brick at your own risk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    the answer is NO! .app is Huaweis way of updating ! As of like 2 weeks ago (last i looked) no one has made a way to compile a .app . . . it has been decomiled thought. But if everyone could just make there own update, that would be to easy. hahahaha

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

you can try flashing via fastboot! think its powering up holding vol down and power? if not adb reboot bootloader will do.
    then try:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot is the executable. Make sure u have fastboot.exe and its .dlls installed. GOOGLE IT IF NEEDED.

flash is function/command to do in fastboot

recovery is the partition. This could be different the merc, idk?

recovery.img this is the fie name/path. Place the recovery image in the fastboot.exe folder then be sure to navigate to the fastboot folder so u can runfastboot in the first place =p

I do NOT have the device, Brick at your own risk!!!
    Actually its .app for a realllllyyyyy long time. And I think in dsixdas kitchen there's an option to compile

Sent from my M886

Well... rolling back to the 2.3 rom on that site let me install CWM and restore my backup but it is not seeing the radio now

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Actually its .app for a realllllyyyyy long time. And I think in dsixdas kitchen there's an option to compile

Sent from my M886
    You can decompile using dsixdas kitchen, what do u think i do when i tell ppl ill fire up my linux later to extract the file. i dont use cyginwin or what ever it is. But yea, you can not compile, just decompile.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Well... rolling back to the 2.3 rom on that site let me install CWM and restore my backup but it is not seeing the radio now

LOL, but go into download mode, and replace the boot.img with the factory boot.img download

http://xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/host/image/boot.img

thank the lord for back ups

Or go get anew phone

Sent from my M886

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

sorry i posted this.it was not my intent to cause anyone to damage your phone.send mr the bill for replacement .I will put it with all the rest i can not afford.grrrrr

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Its not your fault erica! Its a common fact that you flash at your own risk! =p even i posted MANY times able in this post and other posted **Brick At Your Own Risk** makes me giggle alittle tehehehe. . . . if ppl are not sure of what there doing, they shouldnt mess with it =/ i wouldnt remove link as this if for devs and even learning devs ( That dont boohoo cry when they brick there device ) This is a good place to start seeing that u can Hard brick ur device by fashing it! Ppl need to remember that this DOES flash a new kernel and Oriax Rom replacement does NOT replace his kernal in his install! it is provided but not replaced! When i was messing with MIUI and CM7 i even had to go as far as going into QPST to put some data settings back to normal (RIM) setting changed the most. But yea, again, ppl that are trying to flash this without knowledge
    **BRICK AT YOUR OWN RISK **

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

i think its going to take being able recompile this .app or decompile it turn it into a flashable .zip to install thru cwm..with the cricket cdma radio files snd settings.Doable but the radio is out of my league.and i have no time or extra phone to learn.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    i think its going to take being able recompile this .app or decompile it turn it into a flashable .zip to install thru cwm..with the cricket cdma radio files snd settings.Doable but the radio is out of my league.and i have no time or extra phone to learn.
    If someone flashes this Update, and adb pull /system/ C:\system and hand over the files, i can make it flashable thru cwm! i will also need the data.img from download mode. i dont have the phone to do so. eazypeazy =P

First I want to apologize for the delay in replying to the thread. I had just gotten off work when I started this little journey. It was noon before I realized it and I had to work again that night. I just had my top teeth pulled early this morning so it has been an eventful couple of days.

Second, Ericarenee I really REALLY appreciate your offer but it is far from necessary. I knew there was a high risk of bricking involved long before I even thought about trying it. I did a warranty exchange for $20.00 so no big deal there It was money well spent for the knowledge we gained.

Some of the things learned

1. THIS IS A CDMA ROM. I was able to make a call to try and activate the phone. Activation failed.
    2. Download mode installs new drivers which causes the phone to be shown as an android MODEM AND NOT A DRIVE.
    3. Bluetooth, GPS, CDMA, and Wi-Fi all worked
    4. It's Android 4.0.3 and it ran ooh so silky smooth. OOOHH I canít wait to get this!
    5. APN settings will not stick. I believe changing apns-conf.xml and mms_config.xml may very well result in working rom.

I will add anything else I end up remembering. The pain pills are starting to do their thing
    Last edited by Sandman45654; 06-27-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

makes me wanna get my hands on the phone.... anybody selling therees? 50-60 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    makes me wanna get my hands on the phone.... anybody selling therees? 50-60 dollars?
    Sell u mines for 3$ and a Ferrari

Sent from my M886

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information