Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Huawei glory- cricket - 4 inch - 1.4 ghz - android 2.3

Huawei plans to show us what it can do with all its might and Glory. In November Huawei is expected to release a flagship phone called, (you guessed it) the Glory. This phone will satisfy all of the Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS fans who have been waiting for a smartphone that can keep up with the likes of the HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy S phones and the iPhone 4. With absolutely no exaggeration intended, this phone is almost a milestone for the "3-World" phone companies such as Cricket and MetroPCS. Let's go through the specs and features and see why this phone is such a big deal.

DESIGN:

At first glance, the front of the phone reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy S phones (the Fascinate and the Vibrant). In fact, the design is very similar, the capacitive navigation buttons look similar, and the 4-inch screen is also the same as the Samsung Galaxy S phones. When you turn the phone over, you will find that the phone looks a lot like the iPhone 3GS because of the shiny and plastic back-cover. Although the design lacks a bit of originality, I believe this design will please a lot of users. You have to keep mind that Cricket and MetroPCS does not offer many phones that even come close to looking this nice.

HARDWARE:

The hardware inside this phone is very impressive when it is compared to its competition (of phones) for MetroPCS and Cricket. This phone is expected to pack a 1.4 GHz processor, so it will have no problem running Android 2.3.3. The 8 MP main camera (the camera remains to be tested but 8 MP is 8 MP) and a 1.5 MP front-facing camera .The Glory will also be equipped with WiFi and Navigation. The 2GB RAM is a major bonus and it will allow you to install and run multiple applications without any memory issues. The total storage space is unknown.

WISHFUL THINKING:

It will be interesting to see whether the video capture will be 720p or 1080p. I hope the phone storage capacity is at least 32GB, whether built-in or through a Micro SD expansion slot. Also, 4G LTE would be very nice. Now they could package all of this with a decent price of under $300 off contract (as expected in November) in time for the holidays, Cricket customers will have no excuse not to buy this phone.

IMPRESSION:

The biggest complaint I hear from Cricket customers is their available (or lack of) choice of phones. This phone should quite down some of the whining. It is an impressive phone and hopefully we will continue to see bigger and better things from Huawei.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails huawei-glory-front.jpg   huawei-glory-android-gingerbread-cricket.jpg   huawei-glory-back-1.jpg  

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thanks for posting! I don't remember seeing that article before.

Do you have a link?

Thanks.

sure its
    Huawei Glory - MetroPCS - Cricket - 4 inch - 1.4 GHz - Android 2.4 - 8 MP ~ Review My Gadget

i edited it a little because people were saying that there was no front-facing camera but when I saw the picture I saw one, so earlier today i spoke with cricket technician and he said there was one, there's a lot of controversy weather it's 1.5 or 2 but there's definitely one. I wrote down everything he told, me he knew a lot so i will post a review based on what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddgeez View Post
    sure its
    Huawei Glory - MetroPCS - Cricket - 4 inch - 1.4 GHz - Android 2.4 - 8 MP ~ Review My Gadget

i edited it a little because people were saying that there was no front-facing camera but when I saw the picture I saw one, so earlier today i spoke with cricket technician and he said there was one, there's a lot of controversy weather it's 1.5 or 2 but there's definitely one. I wrote down everything he told, me he knew a lot so i will post a review based on what he said.
    Alright, thanks.

If you have any more information please feel free to post.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddgeez View Post
    Huawei plans to show us what it can do with all its might and Glory. In November Huawei is expected to release a flagship phone called, (you guessed it) the Glory. This phone will satisfy all of the Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS fans who have been waiting for a smartphone that can keep up with the likes of the HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy S phones and the iPhone 4. With absolutely no exaggeration intended, this phone is almost a milestone for the "3-World" phone companies such as Cricket and MetroPCS. Let's go through the specs and features and see why this phone is such a big deal.

DESIGN:

At first glance, the front of the phone reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy S phones (the Fascinate and the Vibrant). In fact, the design is very similar, the capacitive navigation buttons look similar, and the 4-inch screen is also the same as the Samsung Galaxy S phones. When you turn the phone over, you will find that the phone looks a lot like the iPhone 3GS because of the shiny and plastic back-cover. Although the design lacks a bit of originality, I believe this design will please a lot of users. You have to keep mind that Cricket and MetroPCS does not offer many phones that even come close to looking this nice.

HARDWARE:

The hardware inside this phone is very impressive when it is compared to its competition (of phones) for MetroPCS and Cricket. This phone is expected to pack a 1.4 GHz processor, so it will have no problem running Android 2.3.3. The 8 MP main camera (the camera remains to be tested but 8 MP is 8 MP) and a 1.5 MP front-facing camera .The Glory will also be equipped with WiFi and Navigation. The 2GB RAM is a major bonus and it will allow you to install and run multiple applications without any memory issues. The total storage space is unknown.

WISHFUL THINKING:

It will be interesting to see whether the video capture will be 720p or 1080p. I hope the phone storage capacity is at least 32GB, whether built-in or through a Micro SD expansion slot. Also, 4G LTE would be very nice. Now they could package all of this with a decent price of under $300 off contract (as expected in November) in time for the holidays, Cricket customers will have no excuse not to buy this phone.

IMPRESSION:

The biggest complaint I hear from Cricket customers is their available (or lack of) choice of phones. This phone should quite down some of the whining. It is an impressive phone and hopefully we will continue to see bigger and better things from Huawei.

okay i am really looking forward to the glory but what is cricket ganna do about the stupid 1 gig download cap, other carriers offer 5 gig download before slowing down, wats going to hapen when they bring the 4g, its just that much faster my phone will slow down when browsing???? what is there plan???

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post
    okay i am really looking forward to the glory but what is cricket ganna do about the stupid 1 gig download cap, other carriers offer 5 gig download before slowing down, wats going to hapen when they bring the 4g, its just that much faster my phone will slow down when browsing???? what is there plan???
    I don't know what they're going to do about the 1 GB cap. With 4G, I'd say to expect a high cap (of course) and then much faster throttling (instead of 100 kbps, which is what it is now).

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

your probably right cause it wouldn't make sense any other way

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

to the experts

is there anyone experts from cricket that can answer that ?, and when is huawei ganna release the final specs on the glory??

The thing I hate about the design a little is the home button is on the very left for the soft keys. So when you press the take a picture button youll accidently hit that home soft key button. The snap picture button on the camera is on the bottom left hand corner.

is there anyone experts from cricket that can answer that ?, and when is huawei ganna release the final specs on the glory??
    I'm not sure when all of the information is going to be released. I'd guess November when it comes out.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

If Cricket is planning to raise their data cap, which I doubt, it will probably not release that info until just before they do it. Certainly not before LTE hits and that wont be until spring next year at the earliest, if at all, with all the issues LightSquared is having with GPS interference.
    Huawei will make the specs public much closer to launch. The Glory isn't even on the roadmap yet, that I have seen, so who knows if its really even coming. When Huawei sends it to the fcc for approval might be the soonest we get any info.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    If Cricket is planning to raise their data cap, which I doubt, it will probably not release that info until just before they do it. Certainly not before LTE hits and that wont be until spring next year at the earliest, if at all, with all the issues LightSquared is having with GPS interference.
    Huawei will make the specs public much closer to launch. The Glory isn't even on the roadmap yet, that I have seen, so who knows if its really even coming. When Huawei sends it to the fcc for approval might be the soonest we get any info.
    Cricket is supposed to be putting up their own 4G towers, and Lightsquared is there just to fill in where Cricket doesn't have towers (like 4G roaming), correct?

Why don't you think Cricket will raise the cap? Is it because the network can't handle it? Boost Mobile is looking better and better..

I really hope the Huawei Glory is released. I don't think PC Mag would mention it if it wasn't going to happen. Then again, what ever happened to the Huawei X5?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

They arent putting up new 4g towers per se. They will just upgrade the equipment in the existing infrastructure. I am not sure what the details of the LightSquared deal is, but if their issues arent sorted out, it wont matter.

They wont raise the cap before LTE because there is not enough bandwidth available to do so.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    They arent putting up new 4g towers per se. They will just upgrade the equipment in the existing infrastructure. I am not sure what the details of the LightSquared deal is, but if their issues arent sorted out, it wont matter.

They wont raise the cap before LTE because there is not enough bandwidth available to do so.
    Oh, that's what I meant. I know they're not going to put up whole new towers.

With the 1 GB cap, I don't see why some of us should need to suffer if there isn't anybody on the network. There aren't a lot of people with Cricket around here. I don't see why I need to get 100 kbps speeds, especially in the middle of the night. They must be able to improve it somehow.

So, when 4G comes out, is that going to somehow improve 3G? If it is, how is that going to work?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

The fix, Cricket will tell you, is use wifi. Thats why they make it a part of all the smartphones. For faster speed and unlimited BW. You sir have chosen not to use it. Sorry to say, they wont raise the cap. More data traffic degrades call quality and it's a phone first. Too much data traffic and calls start dropping or blocking and then people complain about how lousy Cricket it cause of all the dropped calls and they leave or never sign up.
    MOST users never get anywhere near the 1gb and they few that do get there and go over dont mean anything in the big picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information