Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 8.0%

Unhappy Huawei Mercury BOOTLOOP

Hello everyone, first of all I hope that someone pays attention to the threads on this Mercury forum, since the last post was almost two years ago.

Well here is the deal, I'm from Mexico but my dad sent me this Huawei Mercury which now I messed up. The thing is that I was trying to install a custom ROM but I couldn't get my PC to recognize my device in download mode (pink screen) to install CWM Recovery, so looking around the forum I found a PATCH for the bootloader that makes the Pink Screen work.
    So I patched the bootloader and everything was working correctly, until I replaced the recovery.img from my phone with CWM recovery.img, when I booted up my phone it just got stucked in a boot loop, all my phone does is boot the huawei logo and than restarts infinitely.

I can't access recovery mode, and my phone won't boot up. I can still access download mode (pink screen) but I just can't find a way to bring my phone back alive.
    I have tried replacing the CWM recovery.img with the "original" recovery.img, and also replacing the entire "image" folder with a backup I found here on the forums but nothing seems to work. Also I have tried to install the stock rom copying the "dload" folder of the stock firmware to my sdcard and going into download mode, but I've had no luck, the pink progress bar gets stuck at around 30% and it won't do anything, until I remove the baterry for the phone to shut down.

Please I hope anyone sees this and can help me bring my phone back to life, any help would be appreciated, I'm desperate and tired of trying without any success.

Greetings from Mexico
    Cheers and greetings from Mexico.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Thread Information