Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I used to use swype but I fell in love with smart keyboard pro because it's so much faster

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Guess I need to read up on CM7, I have no idea what that is lol.

Is audio quality any better with CM7 when recording Videos? or does it still use AMR audio codec, unfortunately the mercury has the worst audio recording I've experienced with a phone (during video recording) hoping it gets fixed some day..
    Last edited by Mathesar; 05-06-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Overall activity: 4.0%

yessir, i have it on my sdcard... I don't really know the android kernel well and I thought if swype is in the rom already it loads into the reserved system memory space and not the space for all my other stuff? im prolly wrong tho (: thanks man keep up the good work !

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

swype isnt in the rom itself but it calls for more then just a apk =p, but ill try to get it on this rom.... im not sure about quility, ill check it out really fast! i know merc couldnt even reconize my voice commands 90% of the time

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

update, just did a video record and audio recording does NOT seem to be anybetter!!! sorry about the news =[

LOL just as soon as I pop onto my Bionic and sell my Mercury I see this action! Great job on this I wish I could do half the magic you oriax Titan Salas and everyone else can do on these devices.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

lol, dont sell it O_O

update!
    Calls IN and OUT are working!!!! scaired me when i got someone to call me, had chinese ringtone!
    switched over from gsm to cdma =D ... means im getting alittle closer to data and mms!

the bad: kinda crashed my sms getting into cdma mode, went forward in 1 direction, back in another lol

but all together its comeing along VERY good =]

maybe try MIUI rom after i get this one ported? lol

ty everyone for ur suppose just bare with me a little bit longer!

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

another update im ROAMING no cricket service atm! BUT i can call in and out without roaming plan??? lmafo. . . i called a friends number just to see who i was roaming with and it went trough O_O i kinda looked stupid cause hes like wtf? u call me and dont want anything lol

Phone
    Galaxy S3

CM7 looks awesome.
    For anyone interested
    More features:
    Features | CyanogenMod

Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 05-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

update, just did a video record and audio recording does NOT seem to be anybetter!!! sorry about the news =[

Ok Thanks, I noticed if I use a 3rd party audio app such as Hi-Q MP3 recorder from the market it records audio far better so the mercury's microphone is capable, but I dont know if its possible to make any changes with the stock video recorder's codec?

All of the other phones Ive personally checked record audio in MP4A format with their stock video recorder, which makes much more sense.. (Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy S2 & Samsung Moment) AMR is a narrowband format designed strictly for voice when talking on the phone.. don't know what Huawei was thinking lol.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

well this DOES have a modded kernel! So im not sure if the person that made/edited the kernel messed with the audio any! Imma try to get ahold to him and hope he speaks english ^_- kernel is a honor kernel... i seem to be running it like a champ!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

good luck on this xxnubcakexx hope you finish it soon :}

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Update: Got bluetooth working! Well i got it scanning now, not sure if it will connect... nothing to connect to to test!
    lackingng gps data, text!!! got signal to text, but crashes while opening! ill be keeping yall updated

Overall activity: 1.0%

I'm pretty familiar with CM7, since I had it on my ascend for a while. The only thing new to me is the ring lockscreen. I hope everything turns out well.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

And another thing, CM7 has the theme manager app, so there's gonna be a wide variety of personalization. I believe that the Mercury is HDPI.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

One question, is it possible to put in the some of the tweaks from the iCe ROM on this one like improved 3G speeds?

I'm never going to try something not meant for my 430$ phone. (Bought it brand new, and had to replace screen once)

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Arcanine I was wondering the same thing.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine50 View Post
    I'm pretty familiar with CM7, since I had it on my ascend for a while. The only thing new to me is the ring lockscreen. I hope everything turns out well.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

And another thing, CM7 has the theme manager app, so there's gonna be a wide variety of personalization. I believe that the Mercury is HDPI.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

One question, is it possible to put in the some of the tweaks from the iCe ROM on this one like improved 3G speeds?
    Yes the mercury is HDPI

and sure =] ill make it as fast as i can lol

and whats wrong salas??? kernel scaring u??? its there the same phones other then the radio! and i got that half ass working! i got communication on it =]. . . no crashes or anything, nothing that shows this being unstable at ALL the only dangerous thing is the tweaked cpu. . . they made it possible to over clock to 2.1 !!! i would NEVER they that lol... thats asking for a brick! but yea this kernel works good with this phone other then radio

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information