Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Huawei Mercury extended battery

So, I just ordered the extended battery for the Merc and I want to know if anyone has any info on it. It's the 2600 mah extended battery with back cover from Ontrion. I'm looking for a case for the phone since it will be fatter with the new battery.

Sent from my Huawei Mercury with Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Every time Ive tried looking up the Mercury on Ontrion's website it just shows a blank screen but i'm curious how much the extended battery helps. With the stock battery I can usually go a full day without charging unless I play games.

When you go to the website, you have to search by manufacturer on the left. Pick Huawei and you'll get a list of replacement batteries. The extended battery for the Merc will be highlighted above the list. There should be like 3 others, too.

I look on Amazon but are unavailable
    and the price 26.99,
    in fommy.com costs. 29.95

So I received the extended battery on Tuesday and I'll tell you all about it, but let me begin by telling you, to make this clear, it's 2:30am here in Denver. I received the battery, charged it for a little over 4 hours and unplugged it at 12:30am yesterday. I plugged it in with 16% battery remaining at 1:32am. I downloaded, configured, tested, reconfigured, and retested a live wallpaper for about 2 hours before removing it. I browsed the internet, streamed music through PLAY Music, played music off the SD card for at least 5 hours total, texted ALL day and kept up with this forum with notifications for a couple threads.

Also, auto-sync was on all day (syncing Google Play Music, Google+, Gmail, and Contacts for 1 account, Gmail for another, and Facebook contacts).

To me, that kind of battery life is simply unreal for 1 charge. 25 hours of more than moderate use is pretty fair.

The battery is 3 times as thick as the stock battery, so to understand how thick your phone will be, it will be as thick as the phone with stock battery in a case. There are also no cases I have been able to find for the phone with extended battery and battery door yet. The battery is listed as 2600mah on ontrion.com, but it says 3000mah on the battery. Everything was included, so you can rest easy knowing it's not a scam.

If anybody has any questions, just respond to this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

pictures? of the phone with the battery =]

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    pictures? of the phone with the battery =]
    I'll upload some as soon as I can. I'm at work right now, so you might have to wait until tonight.

Customer Since

Sounds great - I ordered one myself, but I'm not wild about the whole "no case" thing. I stock battery seems to be doing fine so far.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

with the amount i use my phone i can get about 4 days without charging it.. no extended battery . That thing would carry me two weeks... but i like my phone small.. would never have one of those 4..3 or larger screen phones..

my nexus 7 tablet i can nearly drain the battery on a good day of use.. its rated for 12hours constant use.. i think i need a extended battery for that

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa I may get a extended battery

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

got an extended battery a while back honestly it's a great investment lol. especially if you're using data and listening to music via google play.
    these are the ones i got.
    the external battery charger is a life saver too, you get to have an extra battery on top of the one you already had

2x3800MAH Extended Battery + Cover for Cricket Huawei Mercury M886 Glory | eBay

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    got an extended battery a while back honestly it's a great investment lol. especially if you're using data and listening to music via google play.
    these are the ones i got.
    the external battery charger is a life saver too, you get to have an extra battery on top of the one you already had

2x3800MAH Extended Battery + Cover for Cricket Huawei Mercury M886 Glory | eBay

Ok, that looks wicked cool, but is our possible to really have 3800? I mean, don't get me wrong, not to question validity, but isn't the power rating of Li-Po, Li-Ion relative to it's actual size still? Or has technology made yet another breakthrough?

James

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Ok, that looks wicked cool, but is our possible to really have 3800? I mean, don't get me wrong, not to question validity, but isn't the power rating of Li-Po, Li-Ion relative to it's actual size still? Or has technology made yet another breakthrough?

James

you know i've had those batteries for months honestly, and i still question the validity of them, but either way, you get two batteries (they last longer then the mercs regular battery), 2 back covers (what if one breaks?) and an external wall charger for like practically 20 bucks. and we're talking a universal battery charger (didn't make sense to me at first but you figure it out). the phone itself is much larger then it's original size though, so it doesn't seem too too far off. lol. i did the same thing on an htc evo 4g i had bought.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    you know i've had those batteries for months honestly, and i still question the validity of them, but either way, you get two batteries (they last longer then the mercs regular battery), 2 back covers (what if one breaks?) and an external wall charger for like practically 20 bucks. and we're talking a universal battery charger (didn't make sense to me at first but you figure it out). the phone itself is much larger then it's original size though, so it doesn't seem too too far off. lol. i did the same thing on an htc evo 4g i had bought.
    Well....i guess if you are able to vouch for them, it's a go!

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

I have ordered me an extended replacement battery for my M866 from DinoDirect

QT 3600mAh Extended Battery w/Cover For Huawei Mercury M886, Canada - DinoDirect.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information