Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by iwin32 View Post
    I got a question for you guys. I'm really new to all this kind of android/root stuff so, when I rooted my phone, I didn't do a ROM backup and I deleted stock apps that came pre-installed on my phone. My question is, is doing a factory reset re-installs all the apps that came with my phone or they're pretty much gone? And I still haven't figure out how to do a ROM backup.
    A factory reset only deletes cache and data, it will not restore the default apps.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I see guys and thanks. I thought it was similar to a Windows OS where a factory reset restores everything.

I keep getting the same error and it looks like that every time I tried to do the firmware update, the process gets stuck when it tries to patch the stock calculator. I uninstalled it and I didn't do a backup, so do you guys know how to re-install it?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok this update is a MUST!!!!! This update is MORE then just a few apps here and there! i opened the .app file! and read some here:
    Repacking UPDATA.APP (was New version of split_updata.pl) - T-Mobile Pulse - Pulse.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo - Page 10

what i come across is there are messing with bootloader stuff here! Also extracting i seen modem files and lost of .mbn files. Also data.img's and boot.img. . . so this is more of a BOOTloader update that i can see! Reading more, this can control the memory of the device! (ppl having memory problems?) and also the partition of the device (also goes along with memory problems) so yea... this update is WAY out of my leage and many others!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    Ok this update is a MUST!!!!! This update is MORE then just a few apps here and there! i opened the .app file! and read some here:
    Repacking UPDATA.APP (was New version of split_updata.pl) - T-Mobile Pulse - Pulse.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo - Page 10

what i come across is there are messing with bootloader stuff here! Also extracting i seen modem files and lost of .mbn files. Also data.img's and boot.img. . . so this is more of a BOOTloader update that i can see! Reading more, this can control the memory of the device! (ppl having memory problems?) and also the partition of the device (also goes along with memory problems) so yea... this update is WAY out of my leage and many others!
    Now I want to go to stock and update but I'm afraid ill brick my 2.3.5 merc lol

Sent from my M886

Can I just add the stock recovery and flash it even though I'm on revokster?

Sent from my M886

So I just flashed back to stock recovery and tried the update. No go. The error I get has to do with not having the stock e-mail app. (much like the calculator problem.) Does this mean I am going to have to keep re-installing stock apps until I get it to go through? Does anyone have the stock apps? Because, of course, I deleted most of them without backing them up.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Maybe Oriax stock ROM will work

Sent from my Evo3D running ICS 4.0.3

Customer Since
    June 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

re: Huawei Mercury Firmware update 06-06-2012

Quote Originally Posted by iwin32 View Post
    I see guys and thanks. I thought it was similar to a Windows OS where a factory reset restores everything.I keep getting the same error and it looks like that every time I tried to do the firmware update, the process gets stuck when it tries to patch the stock calculator. I uninstalled it and I didn't do a backup, so do you guys know how to re-install it?
    Well, as least as regards my stock in warranty Merc this upgrade did me right as it boots and "Knows it is a cell phone" almost immediately as compared to about 2 minutes until that point with the Muve UG. Also it runs better with some snap and some pop as improved memory handling might suggest so I think this UG is a good one if on a stock environment. Now, If I could just get Cricket to stop text nagging me about doing the UG. I reply and get some generic msg about them not understanding......Mandatory software update: Please perform a critical update at your earliest convenience. Settings - About Phone - Online Upgrade - Firmware UpgradeDone. Sorry, Cricket doesn't understand your text. Please check the shortcode and keyword and try again. For assistance reply HELPlol.... Next up, how to do a screen capture on a non rooted Merc.(8^(|) DOH!!!!! Install SDK on Droid and 'Doze environmentsSet 'Droid to USB DEBUGLink up with Doze and run pgm so Droid phone can do a screen cap.......As the engineers say - HAMMER AND TONGS APPROACH!!!!! Well, for my sins in praising the new UG this morning early AM I received an Error 98 and had Telephony, and that was it.So booted up my desktop environment and sure enough, Google was acting hinkey.All is ok now but it appears if Google has issues, potentially so do Android users, a triple paint peeler fot that!
    Last edited by motobis; 06-14-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Lost Formatting, can't get it back - odd that......

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Failed upgrade using Optimized Stock ROM.
    Unrooted, replaced with original recovery.img, on attempted install says failed check on recovery.img error code 7.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Have yet to try but this upgrade seems more of a headache for those that have rooted with custom recovery...thoughts?

Sent from my Merc using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

try running the stock app uninstall/ install zip in recovery in the bloatware removal tool thread in this forum.. Maybe it will put enough of those apps back..Just a thought..

by the way even thou you do not wanna hear this.. DO NOT DELETE APPS. FREEZE THEM WITH TI. Will avoid this issue in the future. also a full nanadrid from recovery before you make any changes.

good luck.. if you need any one app . i would say go to huawei.com d/load the chinese 2.xx rom and pull them from there . this would be easier then asking people to give them to you one at a time.. you have to use chrome browser and change region to china..

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Maybe someone could post an original ROM.zip?

Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

Cricket has a CIQ tool in CID that was just loaded with the last patch on the system 06/01/12

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

Thanks. Yeah i read the thread. Im just saying cricket added CIQ tool in CIDCSR-IRB under the troubleshooting area. I had never seen it before.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information