Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

the above posted removal tool does work.. But now every our or so my data stops working.. NO WIFI NO 3G.. not saying its related yet i will wait until tomorrow and see if they are just having issues in this area.. But i do i get a text message telling me i must update right before it stops working. I updated days ago.. That makes me think they are looking for the carrier iq on the other end then shutting down data and sending that text.. I can reboot and it will work again..
    If i find out this is true Cricket will loose another customer.Im also going to call them and ask where it says in there acceptable use policy does it say they are allowed to monitor everything I do . GREEDY BASTARDS Sorry for language ..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

yes, this last CIQ was NOTHING to do with
    Home | Carrier IQ

like the one before! This is a LOGGER, from cricket them self!! files are:
    system/lib/libautotest.so /system/lib/libfjcClient.so /system/liblibfjService.so/ /system/app/autotest.apk
    i also found a updated swypecore for the lib files... i didnt touch though . . . i dont have the device to test myself BUT im almost possitive this is causing the data problems like u sayd! i can make a patch to put this logger back on to see if u still have data problems if u like!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Should I bother with this update if Im currently not having any problems with Revokster (CIQ also removed)?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

if ur on revokster ur save CIQ wise! just the resent CRICKETS Logger thing lol . .. . far as the boot loader and the update.app that i found.... i cant really tell u yes or no! i have NO idea what it does! all i know is that the files that it is replacing do! Like posted before, bootloader files can do with radio, boot splash screens (HTC DEVICES) not sure about the huawei... and memory writing, system images, and partitions! the /system folder patch is only 1.98 mb . . . thats SMALL . . . the update.app thats goes in the bootloader is 16.1mb . . . this this VERY resent update that is MANDITORY by cricket.... so know yall know just as much as i do! Its alls choose to update or not . . . if yall are able too lol

Banned

try to not update and see if you keep getting text messages telling you. YOU MUST UPDATE.. if your not forced to i would not.. But if you start having data issues. you will have to.. if you do update and do the ciq removal posted above . the data issue will get worse as in my case. This kinda to me could be Confirmation that AT&T COULD BE BUYING CRICKET . or there is serious talks as this is how at&t does there customers. Then with the data they collect from your phone you start getting spam in your mail on your phone and to your email addresses and so on. THIS IS WHY I LEFT AT&T.

BUT IM ONLY GUESSING. anyone about to buy a non cricket sold phone to use on there network i might would wait until there new pricing and plans update is posted. you might get screwed . im also watching fcc to see if something moves forword with the at&t deal..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

i dont know anything about the att&t deal lol But i only gotten on message telling me to update my phone... and like i sayd i dont even have that phone anymore just the same number! lol

AT&T In Talks To Buy Cricket Wireless? | TFTS

but i dout this is the reason! But maybe the logger is to see y the devices are going all haywire the past few months so they can have a perm fix for it!

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

NOW I really have doubts about updating...

Sent from my Merc using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Pft. dropped my phone, small crack but works perfect. Anyone want a 1 month old phone for $75?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

if i had the spare money i would REALLLY get it! But im jobless and cutting grass and flashing phones for money so i cant afford it =[

Phone
    Galaxy S3

If no one buys it by end of the month and I can get a replacement, maybe I'll just send it to ya

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Dayum CL... Did it frustrate you THAT much? j/k

Or you can use Root Browser and manually remove it, that's what I did, I'm using the stock rom, I get the error as well, but my phone seems to be fine nonetheless. I'm using a Rooted Huawei Mercury, with stock rom, CIQ removed, and Muve removed via Root Browser. The CIQ was removed by the creation of xxnubcakexx fyi.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

The first update for the Mercury screwed up my phone's MMS, and Cricket gave me the runaround until I threatened to go to the FCC with proof that it wasn't an isolated incident. They caved and gave me a new phone w/o the update on it. When I got the message for this "mandatory" update I installed Custom Recovery and did a Nandroid backup, then I put the stock Recovery back on it and ran the update... Aaaaaaaaaaand MMS immediately stopped working properly again. So I put Custom Recovery back on and restored my backup. Voila, works fine. If you're going to try this update do a Nandroid backup first (unless you don't ever want to be able to send MMS while connected to Wifi again), the phone's stock backup program only saves settings and files it does NOT backup the boot.img. And as far as I can tell this update does nothing except install MUVE and (failingly) try to fix the MMS issue of the first update.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

From most (not all) feedback so far, it seems huawei and/or Cricket dropped the ball... I'm sticking to my current setup for now

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

BOTH lol... the mms is cricket! The new logger is cricket! The update.app is Huawei! There the only setup that uses the format to update! Thats there attempt to fix the memory thing. No clue y cricket would but ANOTHER logger -.-' lol . . . .thats whats confusing theres x2 updates floating around! firmware and system update! firmware being huawei's memory fix attempt and system update is the logger and muvemusicv2 or something like that! Maybe this can help straighten things up =]

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information