Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Huawei Mercury, Huawei Victory, and Huawei Glory Confusion

As you know, much of what is posted before the release of a phone is not official (or confirmed by Cricket Wireless). Because of that, things can change, including what is in this thread. If you're looking for official information, it will be posted in a new thread. You can also watch MyCricket.com and Cricket Wireless' Facebook page for more official announcements.

We first heard of a phone called the "Huawei Glory", with specifications including a 1.4 Ghz processor and 4 inch screen. It was then found out that the Huawei Glory is the same phone as the "Huawei Honor", just with a change so it's compatible with Cricket's network (GSM to CDMA, and AWS). Not too long after that, it was said that the Huawei Glory is actually going to be called the "Huawei Mercury" on Cricket. (http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#axzz1dP5uEaEX)

We now are hearing that the Huawei Mercury is actually a completely different phone. The Huawei Mercury would have a front facing camera with a 3.5 inch display. What we first knew as the Huawei Glory (or Huawei Honor) is going to be the phone with the front facing camera and 4 inch display, and is going to be called the Huawei Victory.

Here is where the confusion is: It was said that the Huawei Mercury was going to have a 1.4 Ghz processor. (http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#axzz1dP5uEaEX). Zclusive said the Huawei Mercury is going to have a 1.2 Ghz processor, but the source above said a 1.4 Ghz processor. Does this mean that the Huawei Mercury will have a 1.4 Ghz processor as the article stated, or is the article incorrect? Zclusive has been correct on what they have said so far. So, I would say they are also a "trusted source". Therefore, one of these sources is incorrect. If the article was actually talking about the Huawei Victory / Huawei Glory, then they are correct with the 1.4 Ghz processor, but the name they stated in the article was the "Huawei Mercury". As you can see, this is very confusing. Those who wrote the articles are probably also confused. We should understand more soon since there will be official announcements when the phone is released. (Most of the articles agree on a release before the end of the year.)

UPDATE: The M886 when searched on Google comes up as the Huawei Glory. The screenshot below shows the Huawei Victory has the M886. It is the only search result that came up on Google for the "Huawei Victory" M886.

Name:  ss.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  19.2 KB

Zclusive has been the latest to post information. Here is a screenshot of what they said:

Name:  zclusivess.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  zclusivess2.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  12.8 KB

So, if they are correct, like they have been in the past, the following would be correct:

Huawei Victory / Huawei Glory will have a 1.4 Ghz processor, 4 inch display, and an 8 megapixel rear and 2 megapixel front facing camera. The price point mentioned above was $299.

The Huawei Mercury will have a 1.2 Ghz processor, 3.5 inch display, an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front facing camera.

Remember, what is above is "according to Zclusive", which has been reliable in the past.

This will probably clear up soon, but for now we can pick it apart and try to figure out what is going on.

It now looks like two phones are coming to Cricket, not just one. Which phone do you think you're going to get?
    Last edited by avenue; 11-11-2011 at 09:02 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Victory!

Nice info.

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    Victory!

Nice info.
    It took me a while to write that up because I was getting confused myself, LOL!

Are you going to get one of those two phones?

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It took me a while to write that up because I was getting confused myself, LOL!

Are you going to get one of those two phones?
    Yeah I'll probably end up getting the Huawei Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    Yeah I'll probably end up getting the Huawei Victory.
    If I was choosing between the two I would also most likely choose the Huawei Victory.

I'm looking forward to the reviews on both phones though.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Please keep in mind that Zclusive said the Glory would be released on Nov 16th. We know thats not happening. Credibility is suspect. Not being negative, just saying.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    huawei mercury

so now i have to wait til mid dec for victory

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Please keep in mind that Zclusive said the Glory would be released on Nov 16th. We know thats not happening. Credibility is suspect. Not being negative, just saying.
    There is more than one person that posts under the Zclusive name, so it's possible somebody else posted a rumor. It is also possible they heard some representative say a date and it changed. Usually what they have said in the past has been accurate.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Seems to me that there is probably just one phone, but a lot of confusion. First off it hasn't helped that Huawei has been really murky on the tech specs for the phone, releasing and confirming different specs at different times for the same phone. It is also common for companies to rename the same phone(with minor changes for different carriers) individually for each cell provider.

1) We know that only one phone model was submitted to the FCC for approval. (if there would have been several, there would be internet coverage)

2) We know that the phone model listed under "Woof"s handset activation list is the same model number as the phone being touted at the "Glory" by Huawei.

3) We know that the camera specifications have changed since Huawei originally released them at a trade show.

4) We know that they added CDMA to the model coming to Cricket for compatibilty sake.

I think that when you add these up, it is clear that there is one phone, and that Huawei is suffereing from a lack of clear and consise information being released about their products. This may have to do with a language barrier, or perhaps their current legal mediation with Microsoft.

That's my two cents anyway...

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Seems to me that there is probably just one phone, but a lot of confusion. First off it hasn't helped that Huawei has been really murky on the tech specs for the phone, releasing and confirming different specs at different times for the same phone. It is also common for companies to rename the same phone(with minor changes for different carriers) individually for each cell provider.

1) We know that only one phone model was submitted to the FCC for approval. (if there would have been several, there would be internet coverage)

2) We know that the phone model listed under "Woof"s handset activation list is the same model number as the phone being touted at the "Glory" by Huawei.

3) We know that the camera specifications have changed since Huawei originally released them at a trade show.

4) We know that they added CDMA to the model coming to Cricket for compatibilty sake.

I think that when you add these up, it is clear that there is one phone, and that Huawei is suffereing from a lack of clear and consise information being released about their products. This may have to do with a language barrier, or perhaps their current legal mediation with Microsoft.

That's my two cents anyway...
    I would be inclined to agree.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's pretty clear to me based on this screenshot that I just took that the M886 is NOT called the Victory. At least not as of today.
    m886.jpg
    Last edited by Woof; 11-11-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: photo edit

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

I don't know if you caught that....but you might want to apply the digital shmear effect to the upper right of the photo too...just for your privacy sake.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    I don't know if you caught that....but you might want to apply the digital shmear effect to the upper right of the photo too...just for your privacy sake.
    It's not a huge deal but thanks.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Well kids, I just got to play with the Huawei M886 Mercury. It has a 4 inch screen. Held it up next to the vitality and it makes it look like a short fat little man. (no offense if youre short and fat)
    I was able to make a quick video of the phone (with my rep talking the whole time) which I will encode and post with my impressions later today.

This is an amazing phone. I will lose my evo 3d for this.

More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Well kids, I just got to play with the Huawei M886 Mercury. It has a 4 inch screen. Held it up next to the vitality and it makes it look like a short fat little man. (no offense if youre short and fat)
    I was able to make a quick video of the phone (with my rep talking the whole time) which I will encode and post with my impressions later today.

This is an amazing phone. I will lose my evo 3d for this.

More to come.
    Thank you so much, Woof!

The statement you made which really surprised me was when you said "I will lose my evo 3d for this". It must be REALLY good for you to give up that phone.

I look forward to the video and any other thoughts you have.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information