Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Thank you so much, Woof!

The statement you made which really surprised me was when you said "I will lose my evo 3d for this". It must be REALLY good for you to give up that phone.

I look forward to the video and any other thoughts you have.

Thanks again.
    Been really busy today. Probably wont get the vid up til tomorrow.
    Initial impressions. (I had the phone for just shy of 2 minutes so set your expectations accordingly)

Model M886. This is the Mercury.
    Comes with Gingerbread 2.3.5
    1930 maH Battery
    2gb on board memory (called an internal sd card)
    there was also Internal Storage of 700mb
    The cameras are very nice. The rear camera is 8m and takes great photos
    The front camera I think is 2m and it looked nice too. Didnt take a picture of myself tho (consider yourselves lucky)
    Screen is very nice and the phone is fast.
    Looks like the same launcher as the A2 pretty much. Home screen is tweaked a little bit. Different home launcher icons.
    The phone is THIN.
    It has a flash but I didnt get a chance to turn it on.
    No external camera button.

It's got a very nice feel to it and I may very well sell my Evo 3d and get this once they are out.

My rep looked at me like I had three heads when I asked what the Victory was. This phone, the Mercury, has a 4 in screen not a 3.5. I personally think the person on Zclusive who posted that info doesn't know what they are talking about. My market is one that always gets trial phones (many don't ) and no one here has any idea there is another Huawei on the horizon. That tells me there isn't.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Initial impressions. (I had the phone for just shy of 2 minutes so set your expectations accordingly)

1930 maH Battery
    The front camera I think is 2m and it looked nice too. Didnt take a picture of myself tho (consider yourselves lucky)
    Looks like the same launcher as the A2 pretty much. Home screen is tweaked a little bit. Different home launcher icons.
    The phone is THIN.

It's got a very nice feel to it and I may very well sell my Evo 3d and get this once they are out.

My rep looked at me like I had three heads when I asked what the Victory was. This phone, the Mercury, has a 4 in screen not a 3.5. I personally think the person on Zclusive who posted that info doesn't know what they are talking about. My market is one that always gets trial phones (many don't ) and no one here has any idea there is another Huawei on the horizon. That tells me there isn't.
    Thanks for the review.

You said the phone is fast.. Would you say it's faster than your Evo 3D, a little slower, or about the same?

If this phone didn't have the Huawei name on it, would you ever imagine that it is a Huawei product, or would you like of something else such as Samsung?

Zclusive has been correct with some things in the past, but like I said more than one person posts on there so it's possible somebody else posted a rumor. Let's see if they post about the "Victory" again.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Thank you Woof. You seem to have gleaned a lot of important and valuable information in your short interlude with the phone. I am happy that someone like you was able to get us a lot of great informational tidbits about the phone, as opposed to one of those *it looked really cool* types (LOL). I am curious to know if it was wearing any badging? What color the back cover plate was? The fact that you found it *fast* in comparrison with your Evo 3D is great news and a bit shocking, as I understand your phone to have a dual core 1.2G processor. There was some controversy about the Mercurys processor a while back (as Huawei was claiming it was a 1.4 dual core, whereas the processors manufaturer Qualcomm insisted it was a single core Snapdragon). Again I think that there is a lot of information lost between translation, and all the information directly from Huawei has been by their Chinese speaking reps at international trade shows as far as I can tell. There has also been information released that the phone will be upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich upon its release, it has crossed my mind with the impending early December release of that O.S. this could be a potential reason to hold off the release of the phone? I hope not, and that is purely conjecture on my part and has not substance or evidence to point to that whatsoever (please read rumor mongers, this is just a thought).

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

I am so pleased to hear such positive initial impressions....if two minutes with the phone was enough to make Woof want to dump his Evo 3D I must say that I am MORE than impressed, shocked...et al. I have been waiting for this phone for months...and it appears that my patience is actually going to pay dividends this time... YES! UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!

Huawei just released a demo video of the Huawei Honor on there youtube channel. It may be different from Cricket's Mercury, but it seems like a pretty good video of what to expect.
    Huawei Honor Product Demo Video - YouTube

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

This sounds great! Thanks for the scoop on this impressive device.
    I have two quick Qs, but I feel I know the answer by the lack of info.

Does it support multi-touch?
    For example, I've seen phones where two fingers would zoom in/out by distances the pressed fingers. It's like the iPad multi-touch feature. Ascend 2 doesn't support it, but maybe Huawei added it to this device.

Does it support the plug-in for mobile web browser Flash?
    I know Adobe recently discontinued its Flash plug-in support for mobile devices, but they still have a current release of Flash plug-in out there. Ascend 2 doesn't support it, so I doubt Mercury will.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolite View Post
    Huawei just released a demo video of the Huawei Honor on there youtube channel. It may be different from Cricket's Mercury, but it seems like a pretty good video of what to expect.
    Huawei Honor Product Demo Video - YouTube

Thanks for posting that! That is the only video I remember seeing by Huawei.

Quote Originally Posted by oscuro View Post
    Does it support multi-touch?
    I was just wondering that. I hope it supports it. I mean, the LG Optimus phones support multi-touch.

Phone
    samsung messenger2

One reason everybody is confused is because Cricket doesn't even let us or even their own employees when the phone is coming out. So it's either buy up their current phones in their lineup or play the waiting game.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Well kids, I just got to play with the Huawei M886 Mercury. It has a 4 inch screen. Held it up next to the vitality and it makes it look like a short fat little man. (no offense if youre short and fat)
    I was able to make a quick video of the phone (with my rep talking the whole time) which I will encode and post with my impressions later today.

This is an amazing phone. I will lose my evo 3d for this.

More to come.
    I'm more than happy to hear your opinion Woof!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

1930 maH Battery
    The phone is THIN.

Woof what part of town you live in? I live in Cincinnati, OH and things arrive to Cincinnati late. I like that your market does offer trial phones. It gives you the opportunity to know your product. When you know your product, your sales will fly through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by PCalWil View Post
    One reason everybody is confused is because Cricket doesn't even let us or even their own employees when the phone is coming out. So it's either buy up their current phones in their lineup or play the waiting game.
    It would be nice if they would at least announce the phone when they know it is coming out. They don't need to set a release date, since that can easily change, but if they were to announce it that would be nice. There are other providers that will announce phones before they come out. By announcing the phone and an estimated price customers will be able to save up there money. If it comes out without being announced ahead of time, some people might not have the money to purchase it right away. It also will give them the opportunity to research the device and decide if they really want it. That is why I'm glad Black Friday ads are seen on the Internet way before Black Friday. It gives me a chance to go through them several times, plan out which stores I want to go to and at what time, plan out what I'm going to purchase, etc.

Phone
    samsung messenger2

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It would be nice if they would at least announce the phone when they know it is coming out. They don't need to set a release date, since that can easily change, but if they were to announce it that would be nice. There are other providers that will announce phones before they come out. By announcing the phone and an estimated price customers will be able to save up there money. If it comes out without being announced ahead of time, some people might not have the money to purchase it right away. It also will give them the opportunity to research the device and decide if they really want it. That is why I'm glad Black Friday ads are seen on the Internet way before Black Friday. It gives me a chance to go through them several times, plan out which stores I want to go to and at what time, plan out what I'm going to purchase, etc.
    You have a point Avenue! It would also cut down on people buying phones that they'll regret later. That's called buyer's remorse. I know Cricket at the corporate stores has that 30 Day 30 Minute policy. Which ever one you go over first the phones yours.

Quote Originally Posted by PCalWil View Post
    You have a point Avenue! It would also cut down on people buying phones that they'll regret later. That's called buyer's remorse. I know Cricket at the corporate stores has that 30 Day 30 Minute policy. Which ever one you go over first the phones yours.
    You're right! I wonder how many times somebody purchases a phone and then goes back in a Cricket store upset to see a better phone came out for the same amount of money..

There is also another side to this.. I'm sure Cricket wants their customers to purchase the current phones and not wait for future phones. I was at an LG Launch Event and I asked about phones that might be coming out in the future, and the guy basically said "Well, you want your customer to buy this phone, not wait for another." So, I think that's is the thinking of a lot of people. It does make sense, but I think they should also consider others who might be upset because they missed out on a good phone, or some who may have even switched carriers. I'm sure somebody has switched from Cricket in the past month and gotten into a contract for a more high-end phone. Now, the Huawei Mercury is going to come out, and they might be upset that they're now stuck in a contract paying double the price.

So, there is a lot to take into consideration, and I'm sure Cricket has done that. Unfortunately their decision doesn't seem to benefit the majority of the customers. But, it is a business, so they need to do what makes money.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

OK so I have been so busy the past couple days, I haven't been able to figure out this new video camera and how to get the video to you. Lame I know, but be glad I was able to make it record at all.
    I am able to pull some screen caps from the video. Here are some teasers. I see that there are other vids already available, but I'll post these anyway. Enjoy for what it's worth.

Cool lock screencaptureitplus634567100547432571.png
    Home screencaptureitplus634567100864340697.png
    About screencaptureitplus634567101210690507.png
    Backcaptureitplus634567101792003756.png
    Notification screencaptureitplus634567102398148426.png
    Memory #1captureitplus634567102870135422.png
    Memory #2captureitplus634567103229895999.png

Again, this is a very nice phone. I wish I could have it for a couple hours and out it through some real testing. Maybe next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails captureitplus634567100547432571.jpg   captureitplus634567100864340697.png   captureitplus634567101210690507.jpg  
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Thanks for the pictures!

I'm looking forward to the video. No hurry though.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Found this one on Youtube, posted today. I assume that this is not Woofs video, nor do I know its origination. But it does show the phone and boot up, for whatever that is worth. The poster suggests that he is from an authorized Cricket dealer and was told that the phone would be released prior to Dec. 1st. (Apparently this video was posted in another forum on this board earlier, I apologize to the oringial poster (I hadn't reliezed this when I posted it).

Huawei Mercury Start-up.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited by racerxs; 11-12-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

Still not able to pinpoint the date! haha but At least it's before December!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information