Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Phone
    samsung messenger2

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0567 View Post
    Still not able to pinpoint the date! haha but At least it's before December!
    I sure hope so! I'm getting skeptical.

Woof thank you for posting some photos of the phone up pal!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Well I gotta think that Cricket would want to get them out and on sale as soon as possible too, in this economy there is just so many dollars per household to spread around this holiday. I would think that would weight heavily, these smartphones aren't exactly free or cheap even. The phones they have on sale are all pretty old news technology-wise, and a lot of contract providers have come down a lot closer to Crickets pricing structure monthly (and offer cutting edge phones cheaply or even free with a contract), with all that in mind if they aren't trying to get them out as soon as possible they have a very poor marketing department. However, since they don't hype up the new phones (marketing-wise) it becomes less hard to believe that they aren't exactly marketing gurus. Who knows what Huawei's production capacity is like either....

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Looking forward to this thing for/before Xmas myself. The one concern that I'm having is that I have yet to see multi-touch demoed on this phone...

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonrw View Post
    Looking forward to this thing for/before Xmas myself. The one concern that I'm having is that I have yet to see multi-touch demoed on this phone...
    I agree with that concern. I am hopeful however that with such sweet specs everywhere else on the phone that Huawei wouldn't skimp out there *hopefully*.
    The other concern I have is being able to change the installed launcher (since it is customized) without rooting the phone, (while it is cool and all) I still wouldn't mind having my options open there. (It's one of the very first things I did when I got my Zio (installed a different launcher with more home screens), and I was among the first to get that phone so either way this phone will be a HUGE leap forward for me LOL). I really like ADWlauncher and SPB Shell 3D, however I am willing to at least give the OEM one a shot for a few days first.

In fact to be perfectly honest, I have SO MUCH customization going on with my Zio that it runs like a REAL DOG. I could uninstall it all, but really isn't all those bells and whistles and options why we want these smartphones to begin with....LOL
    Last edited by racerxs; 11-13-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

i'm sure it will have all the option and usable things like multi touch. it ganna be a great phone

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I'll find out of it has multitouch tomorrow.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

Almost everywhere i read that said anything about multitouch said it had it.

Any luck figuring out how to upload that video woof?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I'll find out of it has multitouch tomorrow.

So woof, do u work at a corporate cricket store, a few months back my local corporate store had a chance to play with the "glory " when that was still the name a the butt muncher said he couldn't reveal anything, I was so mad, well I'm glad u got ahold of the official version and ur Ganna share it with us, much respect bro
    Last edited by davidolas; 11-13-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0567 View Post
    Almost everywhere i read that said anything about multitouch said it had it.

Any luck figuring out how to upload that video woof?
    I know...everything I've READ says it SHOULD have it, but I've not seen anyone actually CONFIRM that. Hoping to hear something good from Woof...

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonrw View Post
    I know...everything I've READ says it SHOULD have it, but I've not seen anyone actually CONFIRM that. Hoping to hear something good from Woof...

I also read that but remember that a lot of things they can't confirm because things always change even at the last second before a launch, so its only confinable when the product is official, so now we wait for woof to confirm,

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by davidolas View Post

I also read that but remember that a lot of things they can't confirm because things always change even at the last second before a launch, so its only confinable when the product is official, so now we wait for woof to confirm,
    That's kinda from where I was coming. I'm hoping that this awesome phone comes with what has been a painful oversight on the previous offering with Cricket. If (please oh please oh please) this phone comes replete with multitouch....I will be like a giddy school kid.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

Huawei Honor review - YouTube

Well this shows that the Honor has multitouch so I think it's safe to say that the mercury will have multitouch also.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Been really busy today. Probably wont get the vid up til tomorrow.
    Initial impressions. (I had the phone for just shy of 2 minutes so set your expectations accordingly)

Model M886. This is the Mercury.
    Comes with Gingerbread 2.3.5
    1930 maH Battery
    2gb on board memory (called an internal sd card)
    there was also Internal Storage of 700mb
    The cameras are very nice. The rear camera is 8m and takes great photos
    The front camera I think is 2m and it looked nice too. Didnt take a picture of myself tho (consider yourselves lucky)
    Screen is very nice and the phone is fast.
    Looks like the same launcher as the A2 pretty much. Home screen is tweaked a little bit. Different home launcher icons.
    The phone is THIN.
    It has a flash but I didnt get a chance to turn it on.
    No external camera button.

It's got a very nice feel to it and I may very well sell my Evo 3d and get this once they are out.

My rep looked at me like I had three heads when I asked what the Victory was. This phone, the Mercury, has a 4 in screen not a 3.5. I personally think the person on Zclusive who posted that info doesn't know what they are talking about. My market is one that always gets trial phones (many don't ) and no one here has any idea there is another Huawei on the horizon. That tells me there isn't.
    "can u tell me what the A2 launcher is and how i can get a glance at what it looks like"

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

I believe the "A2" launcher is refering to the same launcher that comes with the Cricket version of the Huawei Ascend 2 phone. He can correct me if I am wrong, but it seems pretty logical that is what he was refering to anyway.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    I believe the "A2" launcher is refering to the same launcher that comes with the Cricket version of the Huawei Ascend 2 phone. He can correct me if I am wrong, but it seems pretty logical that is what he was refering to anyway.
    Bingo. Same launcher as the Ascend 2
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information