Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Big Marc View Post
    You would think that since the Mercury will be the top of the line for Cricket that they would put everything they have into the phone within a couple of months of release or however long updates take.
    I do think they will put a lot into this phone. "They" meaning Huawei. That is why they committed to providing an update so early. I think they want to get their name known as not just a manufacturer of "cheap" phones, but a manufacturer of high quality phones too.

There were a lot of people that were disappointed in the Huawei Ascend, especially the lack of update on Cricket's version of the phone (even though Huawei blamed Cricket, and Cricket blamed Huawei), so I think Huawei wants to make sure they get it right this time.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

I was really hoping to see woof's video today! Hopefully he gets it up soon!

Customer Since
    June 2008
    Phone
    M886

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I do think they will put a lot into this phone. "They" meaning Huawei. That is why they committed to providing an update so early. I think they want to get their name known as not just a manufacturer of "cheap" phones, but a manufacturer of high quality phones too.

There were a lot of people that were disappointed in the Huawei Ascend, especially the lack of update on Cricket's version of the phone (even though Huawei blamed Cricket, and Cricket blamed Huawei), so I think Huawei wants to make sure they get it right this time.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0567 View Post
    I was really hoping to see woof's video today! Hopefully he gets it up soon!
    i know too, well hopefully he will put it on soon, anything is better than nothing

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0567 View Post

Huawei Honor launches, we have the hands-on shots - GSMArena.com news

I guess that the single core / dual core issue is still unresolved...
    I just noticed the article quotes that the phone uses a dual core processor as noted on the information on the Huawei facebook page. However after much searching the only official Huawei page on facebook "Huaweidevice" that has any information about the phone whatsoever, never mentions dual core, just a 1.4G processor. So either Huawei changed the information since they wrote the article, or this is just more confusion to throw on top of the heap on an already very very murky subject....LOL

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    I just noticed the article quotes that the phone uses a dual core processor as noted on the information on the Huawei facebook page. However after much searching the only official Huawei page on facebook "Huaweidevice" that has any information about the phone whatsoever, never mentions dual core, just a 1.4G processor. So either Huawei changed the information since they wrote the article, or this is just more confusion to throw on top of the heap on an already very very murky subject....LOL
    Well it appears I might actually be able to shed some DEFINITIVE light on the processor question, on the aforementioned facebook page a "Huawei" representive actually answered the question in a thread beginning with posing that question to them exactly (if the phone has a single or dual core processor) Below I am pasting their exact response;

"Hi all, we would like to clarify the information we had shared earlier about Honor’s CPU. Honor is in fact a single, not dual core smartphone. We apologize and please let us know if you have further questions about Honor."

So there you have it. Single core 1.4G..... straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Source:
    http://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice
    Last edited by racerxs; 11-15-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

I didnt think that it would be dual core the price would be higher but i wanted to be sure. Gosh i can't wait for this baby to come out!!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

has woof posted his video and i'm just not seeing it, its down to the nitty gritty and and i want this phone so bad i can taste it, this has been a lot of waiting, watching, reading and looking for new information about this phone, all making me want it that much more
    Last edited by davidolas; 11-17-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

The exact same for me! I have asked and I'm assuming it's a no because I'm sure he would tell us if it was up yet but woof we're not trying to dog you we are just eager and very anxious! We are very greatful for all the information you have given us!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

^^^^^What they said Woof. Plus thank you for what you've provided already, but that video you've got....well it would just be AWESOME!!

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Oh no!! Yet more confusion! The Huawei rep just answered (kinda) a series of questions I posted on their Facebook page....Needless to say, they really didn't provide any actually useful information either and of course added to the confusion...UGH

My posted Questions;

"I would like to know if the Honor will have "multi-touch" capability? What the suggested retail pricing structure is for the U.S. market? Any information on a U.S. release date? And when the U.S. can expect the alternate color options to become available? Thank you."

Their Reps answer;

Hi Ray, thanks for your question. Honor has a 4.0 inch 16M 16:9 true color FWVGA capacitive touch screen. Honor will be available in Russia, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan and China from December, with other markets to follow. The price and colors may differ between markets but to give an indication the Huawei Honor will cost 2499 RMB (approx 390 USD) in China, and colors available include Glossy Black, Textured Black, Elegant White, Vibrant Yellow, Cherry Blossom Pink and Burgundy.

So yeah...UGH
    :-(

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

(well I guess we at least know what colors will be available eventually)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

LOL These guys at Huawei with all of their lack of information, double talk and conflicting information...if they ever decide to take up another career, they are all set for government work.

Finally its almost here! I've only been waiting 5 months! Sign me up for textured black
    Last edited by EnjoyDoom; 11-17-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 1

Yeah the textured black looks very nice! I hope they release it soon at first. It also keeps it from looking like an iphone

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Ad2

Well I for one like the glossy backs, and I gotta say I kinda like the fact that they look like an iPhone. Not for the sake that I want something that looks like a knock-off, but rather because Apple has always had really attractive design asethetics if you ask me (part of why their products are always so popular). Having had the Zio with its rubberized back for a while now, I am ready for something with a little *Bling* factor! LOL

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Oh yeah and BTW the "Oversharer" commercial for the Honor smartphone contest that they are running....Genuis!! LOL

Meet The 'Oversharer' - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by racerxs View Post
    Well I for one like the glossy backs, and I gotta say I kinda like the fact that they look like an iPhone. Not for the sake that I want something that looks like a knock-off, but rather because Apple has always had really attractive design asethetics if you ask me (part of why their products are always so popular). Having had the Zio with its rubberized back for a while now, I am ready for something with a little *Bling* factor! LOL

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Oh yeah and BTW the "Oversharer" commercial for the Honor smartphone contest that they are running....Genuis!! LOL

Meet The 'Oversharer' - YouTube

I've never seen Huawei interact with their customers this much before. They have more than one video up, and they've been responding to customers on Facebook. I think that's great. It looks like they really want this Honor (Mercury) to be successful.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I've never seen Huawei interact with their customers this much before. They have more than one video up, and they've been responding to customers on Facebook. I think that's great. It looks like they really want this Honor (Mercury) to be successful.
    The irony is...with all the anticipation for this phone among Cricket users...it was going to be their most successful offering ever. Not that I mind the spots. Anything to keep my interest piqued.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information