Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Huawei Mercury - Status Bar Custom

Is there any way to change the status bar icons colors or the icon itself? Like the 3G, signal, Wi-Fi, time, battery, etc. Without changing the whole rom. Perhaps like the iCe rom but without everything else changed, just the status bar.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    bigdasu83

If you are rooted you can use an app called ROM toolbox to change a few things on the status bar like the 3g icon battery icon signal icon and a some notifications

ROM toolbox has an okay selection. Found this one that I've used with a blue and orange theme got the iCe ROM

Sent from my iCe cold Merc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1338729390907.jpg  
    Last edited by kovis19; 06-03-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

That's the thing tho, most of the themes need cyanogemod settings to use them, and I tried putting some themes and they wouldn't do anything. The Ice Cream Sandwhich one by the Chuck Noris thing I guess, had me at a boot loop. Which did you use?

ROM toolbox has a pro version that allows changing individual icons as well as status bar color, boot and screen animations and some full themes that do work on Merc, all separate.

Sent from my iCe cold Merc

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Oh alright man, I had gotten the apk for the pro version a while back from a blackmarket and it never worked, but I guess it did now, glad tho. Got it looking like this now (:

20120604013135.jpeg

bigdasu83

cool. Yeah you can get slot of paid apps for free on 4shared and other black markets just don't expect it to update on Android market

I use rom tool box pro and it works great to change the icons on the status bar...i also have the Revoks Ter custom rom to have that GB feelshot_000001.png

Ok. Can someone tell me where the Mercury stores the files for the taskbar? More specificly the battery icon files. It seems that rom toolbox wont replace a file if it doesn't already exist. I need to know where the files are stored so I can try and make it show in 1% instead of 5% increments. Thanks..

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

/system/framework/framework.res.apk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    /system/framework/framework.res.apk
    Thanks nub. The files were already in there from rom toolbox but, how do I go about making it show in 1% increments instead of 5% increments?? I figured it was cause the files were not there. Thought maybe something in build.prop but couldn't find anything. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks..

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I installed Rom Toolbox Pro from a link on 4shared. I tried to change around some icons on the status bar and it displayed a popup saying "failed to install icon". Now my status bar has completely disappeared, even after uninstalling Rom Toolbox. Any help to reverse this process?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Actually, never mind my last post. All i needed to do was restore the system.

I've got a question. I used Rom Toolbox Pro to change the status bar icons on my Mercury. The wifi, 3G, power bars, 1x, all of it. Everything is working fine except the icon for the battery. I've noticed that sometimes it switches back to the original green battery. And then other times I'll pick up my phone and the new icon is back. Not a big deal but it's annoying. How do I make it new icon stick permanently? Thanks in advance.

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Hey guys, I also have a question maybe some of you have a answer too. I have rom toolbox pro and the ICS demo and I tried to use a boot animation on there and my phone turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on. I got it back on but my question is do any if the boot animations or themes or mods work on the ICS we have from rom toolbox or any other app? thanks!

Re: Huawei Mercury - Status Bar Custom

Use app ninja morph. The icons u r replacing usually are in 20% increments or 10% INCREMENTS. The phone reads 5% increments so when you see it change back to the original icon its because its on the percentage that was not themed. Ninja morph will show u what battery icons need to b themed

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information