Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Question I have a few newbie questions....

Hi forum,
    I got my Mercury a couple of weeks ago and I've been lurking here to study up on this phone...which I believe is about the best no contract phone out there right now.
    This is my first "smartphone as I've mainly been using company provided "dumb phones" so I'm somewhat of a newbie.

I got up the nerve to root the phone yesterday via the instructions and all went well!

I installed TB and 'Root App Delete' and neither one will let me uninstall the factory appz Facebook and Twitter? What's up with that and how can I get rid of those apks? I'm pretty sure all the other cricket bloatware apps are listed for un-installing but those two??? grrr

Is 800kbps up and 550kbps down about average for a 3g speed using Cricket...I know this is a YMMV issue but was wondering what everyone else was getting using the speedtest apk.. Are there any tweaks to increase 3g speeds?

Is it official or not that we are getting an upgrade to ICS for this phone from Cricket/Haiwei?

Is it best to run most apps from the sd card? (I installed a 32gig)...Can you install too many apps?

Does anyone else find the sound at max vol. a little weak especially thru the headphone jack (mainly when listening to music)?

tia

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Hello newbie intovoid,

First of all, get
    ROM Toolbox

to remove most of bloatware, some can be removed by adding patched G-books and other crap that you don't want from here. ROM Toolbox has all the tools and everything you need to work your ROM.

Get
    V6 supercharger

and run the scripts, it will make your phone fly like. Before you run start me up script with
    SManager

- Script Manager from Play Store. Then run
    3G optimizer

, it's included in V6 SC script i believe. Read carefully on what rom you have and the script that you need/want to use.

As for running your apps on SD-Card, I advise you not to. There's plenty of space to run about 60+ apps on there before your phone probably will start slowing down from not enough free ram availability, although you may transfer SOME apps to your SD-Card. Make sure these apps are not the ones that are running widgets or they won't load and you'll have some FC's - Force Close's.

For sound management, get
    Music Volume EQ

or
    Equalizer

For my preference I use
    AirDroid

app for complete management, the best light management app out there I think. Easy login with point camera and login.

Hope this helps you intovoid

Last edited by D-Man; 09-15-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Hey D-Man, thanks for the tips...I'm in the process of researching your recommendations and it will take me a little time to work thru them...I'm sure I may have some questions regarding them.

I am the type that likes to experiment and tweak thing, so I'm excited about learning more and try some advanced thing on the phone...it sounds like this phone can be un-bricked fairly easily so that's reassuring...however it's a major negative that no one can get CWM to run on this phone..I guess that comes with an android phone that's not super popular like the Samsungs, HTCs, and Motorola's....

I'm re-installing my apps back into the phone memory and off the micro sd card as per your recommendations...
    being a Windows PC guy, it's very impressive how small all the apps are on the linux based androids...I think Microsoft and Intel might be in trouble with android and snapdragon...

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

PLEASE
    Be careful with rom toolbox.. NOT all of its features are compatible with the Mercury .Also use ti backup to freeze the apps you do not want to run .. Deleting them can cause you to not get updates as Huawei new boot-loader is doing file verification Checks against apps.. it could fail a update if it does not find a app its looking for ..

Good Luck

Rom Toolbox still won't let me delete the Facebook and Twitter apps...Do I need to get a root file manager proggie and go in and manually delete these...can someone verify that they can't delete these thru Titanium and the like? Many may be wondering why I would want to delete those "much needed apps"...because I hate the data-mining facebook...not so much twitter..but I don't like any app not being able to be removed!!!!

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

I will post some screen shots later for you intovoid, I'm also a windows tech whore.I used Huawei Ascend M865 I believe "the first one"That one CAN'T be BRICKED - it's impossible.

Phone
    huawei mercury, S4

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    Hey D-Man, thanks for the tips...I'm in the process of researching your recommendations and it will take me a little time to work thru them...I'm sure I may have some questions regarding them.

I am the type that likes to experiment and tweak thing, so I'm excited about learning more and try some advanced thing on the phone...it sounds like this phone can be un-bricked fairly easily so that's reassuring...however it's a major negative that no one can get CWM to run on this phone..I guess that comes with an android phone that's not super popular like the Samsungs, HTCs, and Motorola's....

I'm re-installing my apps back into the phone memory and off the micro sd card as per your recommendations...
    being a Windows PC guy, it's very impressive how small all the apps are on the linux based androids...I think Microsoft and Intel might be in trouble with android and snapdragon...
    i got cwm on mine.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    PLEASE
    Be careful with rom toolbox.. NOT all of its features are compatible with the Mercury .Also use ti backup to freeze the apps you do not want to run .. Deleting them can cause you to not get updates as Huawei new boot-loader is doing file verification Checks against apps.. it could fail a update if it does not find a app its looking for ..

Good Luck
    Thank you for the heads up...I installed rom manager by mistake and immediately deleted it for fear of screwing something up...
    Re Ti-bacup free version, I can't even get Facebook and Twitter to show up in the list of apps to do anything with...wtf? I assume anyone else would be seeing the same thing..right?
    Last edited by intovoid; 09-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Phone
    huawei mercury, S4

Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    i got cwm on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Hello newbie intovoid,

First of all, get
    ROM Toolbox

to remove most of bloatware, some can be removed by adding patched G-books and other crap that you don't want from here. ROM Toolbox has all the tools and everything you need to work your ROM.

Get
    V6 supercharger

and run the scripts, it will make your phone fly like. Before you run start me up script with
    SManager

- Script Manager from Play Store. Then run
    3G optimizer

, it's included in V6 SC script i believe. Read carefully on what rom you have and the script that you need/want to use.

As for running your apps on SD-Card, I advise you not to. There's plenty of space to run about 60+ apps on there before your phone probably will start slowing down from not enough free ram availability, although you may transfer SOME apps to your SD-Card. Make sure these apps are not the ones that are running widgets or they won't load and you'll have some FC's - Force Close's.

For sound management, get
    Music Volume EQ

or
    Equalizer

For my preference I use
    AirDroid

app for complete management, the best light management app out there I think. Easy login with point camera and login.

Hope this helps you intovoid
    and i also been trying the supercharger but i never could make it run.

i got cwm on mine.

If it's the one from the rooting technique, I don't think that's a real cwm.....see the cwm for ICS????thread below...sorry can't paste yet in forum...

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

and i also been trying the supercharger but i never could make it run.

Thanks for editing BMONEY, English is my 2nd language, Russian is 1st "Forever"

intovoid & BMONEY what ROM you running? GB or ICS

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    PLEASE

Good Luck
    btw, from reading your other posts, I can tell you are quite knowledgeable...thanks again for the heads-up!!!

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thank you for the heads up...I installed rom manager by mistake and immediately deleted it for fear of screwing something up...
    Re Ti-bacup free version, I can't even get Facebook and Twitter to show up in the list of apps to do anything with...wtf? I assume anyone else would be seeing the same thing..right?
    I think the Facebook/ twitter app is called something like multisns.
    Or maybe it's the socialext. You might just want to use a root file browser to find it in system /app
    Last edited by jbrt; 09-15-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Thanks for editing BMONEY, English is my 2nd language, Russian is 1st "Forever"

intovoid & BMONEY what ROM you running? GB or ICS
    I'm still on the stock GB one for now...still too new and I have to know everything about what I'm doing before doing a modded ROM..besides if Cricket/huawei releases an ICS update, I don't want to deviate too far from the factory settings just yet as it may very well screw up the factory flash to ICS, as it's coming out very soon, right?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    I think the Facebook/ twitter app is called something like multisns.
    Or maybe it's the socialext. You might just want to use a root file browser to find it in system /app
    I'm not seeing that one in TB either...hmmm what does that tell you if they've mis-labels the install file to hide their true identity???
    If you have it, please give me the real name of the facebook apk file...
    Last edited by intovoid; 09-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Overall activity: 7.0%

I'm still on the stock GB one for now...still too new and I have to know everything about what I'm doing before doing a modded ROM..besides if Cricket/huawei releases an ICS update, I don't want to deviate too far from the factory settings just yet as it may very well screw up the factory flash to ICS, as it's coming out very soon, right?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I'm not see that one in TB either...hmmm what does that tell you if they've mis-labels the install file to hide their true identity???
    If you have it, please give me the real name of the facebook install apk file...
    The two apps are just bundled into one apk. If you use ES file explorer to go into system /app you will see them then you can just rename to whatever.apk.bak to freeze the app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information